SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Visited another dealer this week, no Gen 5 MOS or G45s to check out. After doing a little soul searching, I'm thinking what's really my desire is a G22 MOS for a HD role.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non Nobis Solum
posted Hide Post
I’m now up to following:
Glock 43
Glock 19
Glock 19 mos
Glock 26

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 3613 | Location: Charlottesville, VA | Registered: May 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 19 MOS with a TLR-7 & RM06 is just pure awesome sauce. I’m even happy with the factory trigger!

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
As stated before, epic thread. Bought some Glocks, then some more. And more will follow me home. The G45 is quite interesting.

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
Gen 5 19 MOS with a TLR-7 & RM06 is just pure awesome sauce. I’m even happy with the factory trigger!

That's a great looking setup you have there!

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Do the irons clear the dot sight on that? If not do you just use the window like a giant ghost ring if you will, should the dot fail???

That is a bad ass little setup.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Do the irons clear the dot sight on that? If not do you just use the window like a giant ghost ring if you will, should the dot fail???

That is a bad ass little setup.

Yes, they clear and cowitness perfectly. I was going to opt for extra tall sights, but I do have a reasonable amount of real estate at the bottom of the optic glass to the iron sight picture. These are standard Ameriglo front NS with black rear suppressor sights, which are my preferred Sights for RMR use. Thanks! I’m really liking this guy over my Gen 4’s! I have an Overwatch Precision Gen 5 TAC coming simply to try out, but other than a flat shoe I can’t see how it’ll improve the new trigger too much. I may also switch the MOS plate to a C&H plate for a tighter RMR fit and improved asthetics.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RR. I AM WORKING ON THE SAME SET UP. I just GOT THE G19 gen5 MOS. FROM XWERKS. WITH THE Frame IN Glock-FDE COLOR. EVERTHING ELSE Unchanged. Gonna order the RMR ADJUSTABLE 3.25 dot. And I’d like a light that does not protrude for aesthetics sake like your TLR. You beat me to it. Nice set up. It will be my first Glock ever.

229c 229 227.

Posts: 31 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops. I mean KHOLM. Sweet set up.

Oh and I went with the Trijicon Suppressor Night sights.

Hey. U gotta rack the slide all time to dry fire. No one told me this. My first striker fired too

Posts: 31 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Wow, I was going to get a gen 5 G 19 but I looked at the 45 and may get it.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMp227sw629:
U gotta rack the slide all time to dry fire. No one told me this. My first striker fired too
Well there you have it.

Yes, you need to rack it for dry fire. Like you would for an SAO gun. Although with a glock you only need to move the slide back <1" to reset the trigger. Wink

Welcome to the machine... Big Grin

I'm really liking my G45 and G19.4s. I did buy a complete G19.4 slide with Front Cocking serrations to convert my LEO trade in G23.4 to a G19. I could have gone conversion barrel but just don't like 40S&W. I'll keep the slide just in case but it'll be a G19 for all intents (changed the ejector already).

Once the Vanilla G19 Gen 5s come without the grip cutout I'll buy. I already have Talons and the extended slide stop waiting. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 19X a couple weeks ago. I have a few 19's and really like them, and have heard nothing but good things about the 19X. Finally got it to the range the other day and was quite disappointed. Uncomfortable, my finger kept rubbing the bottom of the trigger the wrong way, and felt like it had quite a bit more recoil than my other 19's (which seems odd). Will have to put a few more mags through it, but not sure it's a keeper yet.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
The G45 Gen 5 is the Cats Meow, it's just flat out perfect for me, I also have Gen4 and Gen 5 G19's, but the G45 ROCKS, it's worth waiting for IMHO...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Picked up three Glocks in the last month (my department is switching over to Glock 17 Gen 5 the end of the year):

Glock 26 Gen 5

Glock 19 MOS Gen 5: Everyone who shoot it liked it, especially doing speed & accuracy drills with it.

Glock 45: Everyone at our in service range session shot it and loved it. It just feels and shoots perfectly! After that session, I know of at least 3 other officers who went online and bought one.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Is there any word on a gen 5 G20?

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Is there any word on a gen 5 G20?
Nope, Gen 5 is only 17/19/45 right now in the US, although there are photos of 40S&W model Gen 5s overseas.

I think it’ll be a lot like the Gen 3 to Gen 4, it’s gonna take awhile.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
The G45 Gen 5 is the Cats Meow, it's just flat out perfect for me, I also have Gen4 and Gen 5 G19's, but the G45 ROCKS, it's worth waiting for IMHO...

quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Glock 45: Everyone at our in service range session shot it and loved it. It just feels and shoots perfectly! After that session, I know of at least 3 other officers who went online and bought one.

I wish I would have waited for the G45.
I'm going to have to sell my G19X and then buy a G45... Mad

Main reasons:
1. The baby poop color, which isn't that bad in person, but I'd rather have black.
2. Being able to use my other G17 mags without changing the base plates.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:

quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Main reasons:
1. The baby poop color, which isn't that bad in person, but I'd rather have black.
2. Being able to use my other G17 mags without changing the base plates.

I have the 19X too. I have shot it numerous times and loved it right away. When I bought the 19X, there was no plans for the G45. Trust me, with the response I got with my G45, my department would have probably gone with it over the G17 Gen5 we have on order. Having a 19X is why I immediately bought a G45 when I could. I plan on keeping both. The 19X with Surefire light/laser and its magazines are for home defense and is in the nightstand safe. I am carrying (depending on clothing) one of the G19X 17+2 magazines as a reload for the G45.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

Yeah, I got lucky - several times Brownells had $70 off $600, which means I could have gotten the 19X for right around $540 after their FFL fee.

I had it ready to go in the cart, just needed to press CONFIRM ORDER but I would always be like "nah, you don't need it".

Then the G45 came out and I bought that mofo so fast. It is just a great gun, has all the needed changes from the 19X and Gen 5s (magazine well area of the grip, color, etc).

I can't wait to shoot it again, hopefully this weekend.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Well, that didn't take long.
After 2 people flaked on me I sold the 19X today.
Hours later got the Glock 45.
I might have got it a little cheaper from a gun show, but then I'd have to go to the gun show. Mad

Price I paid locally was equivalent to the best price on Gunbroker, plus shipping, plus transfer fees.

I bought it with the Ameriglo sights, so I won't have to change them later.

So without shooting it, it seems the perfect Glock.
With the large back strap my usual Glock high aim on the draw is eliminated.

One more thing, the serial number has my son's initials in it.
Which is good since in the end, he will end up owning it. Big Grin

Looking forward to some range time.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post