SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by claus:
I have Glock 31C (357 SIG) that I'm occasionally tempted to sell and get something like a SIG 226 or HK VP9. Then I think about the 6 magazines (4 15 round 357 Sig and 2 17 round 9mm) that I have, and the 3 barrels (357 Sig compensated, 40 S&W plain, and 9mm threaded) and the Trijicon HD night sights, and that it function perfectly in all configurations, and that I've got 3 holsters, and that I already have 5 other handguns to use.

Everyone should have a P226/P228. Keep the Glock and get both!

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
Questions:

1. Is the barrel geometry the same from a Gen4 to Gen5? I would like to use existing G4 conversion barrels.

2. I assume prior Generation magazines work in the Gen5?

3. How did this thread get bumped all the way to page 6?

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
Questions:

1. Is the barrel geometry the same from a Gen4 to Gen5? I would like to use existing G4 conversion barrels.

The lockup on the G5 17 barrels are different but the lockup on G5 19 barrels are the same.

Yes all generation mags work in the G5s.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
Questions:

The lockup on the G5 17 barrels are different but the lockup on G5 19 barrels are the same.

Yes all generation mags work in the G5s.

Ugh...I was hoping to move to a Gen5 G35 when they come out, but they may not have the same lockup as Gen4 G35. Thanks for the response...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I had a G19 Gen4 and sold it like a fool, just replaced it... Now I feel better Smile

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a gen 5 34

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10728 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd lost track of this thread. But I'm on a G5 kick as I love no finger groves. Latest is G5 19 and 19x.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Went to pick up a bunch of mags for our new swat guys so of course I had to buy something since I am at the LE dealer.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Went to pick up a bunch of mags for our new swat guys so of course I had to buy something since I am at the LE dealer.

The Gen 5's are fantastic! Planning on adding the 19X and 34 in the next couple weeks.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
Ok so I finally did pickup my first Glock. After years of saying no I would never do it. I bought a 19X several days ago. So far I must say I like it.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something about the 19x is more than just the sum of the parts...

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
It’s been a Glockin’ year so far for 2018

Still have a G29SF gen 3 on order as a prize gun, which should be in soon.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I’m down with the Glock but what’s with all the love for a Glock with needless mag incompatibility and colored poopy diaper brown?

The love for the 19X is confusing to me. Wouldn’t a 19 frame and a 17 slide make way more sense? Why make an excellent carry gun bigger with a bigger grip? A G19 will carry better than a G19X so you may as well get a G17 or G34 as a range shooter.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I like the concept more than I thought I would. I love the color (the slide is a really nice goldish metallic brown in person) and being a long time fan of Glocks I wanted to have their first in-house “FDE” slide finished gun, and it’s a first for the box not being black too.

I have plenty of carry guns and really like range toys better these days. The 19X is Glocks civilian version of the MHS gun so it was designed as a military side arm not a CCW. I am glad they omitted the thumb safety as it appeared on the trials gun. A shorter slide on a longer frame is not a bad idea when you think of the ability to possibly clear a holster faster while being able to also get a full hand purchase on the grip. The Colt commander kind of follows a similar concept. I also like the fact that it’s basicaly a gen 5 though does not have that cutout on the bottom front of the grip that people seem to hate. Yeah mags are not all interchangeable though I can always l get more 19X mags.

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
FYI: the Streamlight TLR1 HL, in the flat dark earth color matches the 19X slide just about perfectly. Streamlight has two FDE colors-the one that matches is part #69266. Puts out plenty of light as well - 800 lumens. There are also a couple of YouTube videos of the light.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
Yeah mags are not all interchangeable though I can always l get more 19X mags.

The mags are the same it’s just the Gen5 base plates that make them not fit in the 19x. You could always change the base plates out.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Right. It's just a simple baseplate swap on the Gen 5 mags. Gen 5 mags have an elongated front lip on the baseplate. Earlier gen mags fit just fine.

You can install factory Gen 3/4 baseplates on Gen 5 mags. Or you can use the Tango Down/Vickers baseplates as well, which are available in a matching FDE/Tan color. https://tangodown.com/shop/vic...ock-mag-floor-plate/

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
... I also like the fact that it’s basicaly a gen 5 though does not have that cutout on the bottom front of the grip that people seem to hate. ...

This is what sold me on it. I picked it up and couldn't put it down. It just fit.

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I didn't think I'd like the color either but after having it, I like it.

They're going to release it in black eventually. Pretty sure PDs are asking for this gun in black. If this was available in 357SIG, it would be my next duty weapon. Full size grip for max capacity and shorter slide with shorter holster makes sitting in the car easier on the hip.

It's not like I'm going to need a longer slide at our expected engagement distances.

I just wish it came with the Ameriglo Bold sights like the gen5 19. I'm going to stick suppressor height sights on the 19X.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
If anyone sees a black 19X available, please post it here.
I'd like one but not until they offer it in black.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post