SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
Streamlight TLR-6 red laser/light combo and AmeriGlo Hackathorn sights.

Thank you Sir...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to end up with either a 20 or a 21 this year and a 19.

I can use a conversion barrel in a 21 to shoot 10mm, correct? Can a 20 be converted to .45 ACP?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I just installed an Apex Tactical Action Enhancement Kit Trigger Bar & Connector in my 43x and it’s amazing. It’s pricy at $100 bucks but I will install these Apex triggers in all of my Glocks from now on. They are so much nicer than the stock triggers IMHO.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
Monday (the 18th) I ordered some S15 magazines from Shield Arms, e-mailed and they told me that they are running about 30 days behind on their back orders.

Just received an e-mail that my magazines have shipped (the mailing label has been created). My guess is early next week.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Monday (the 18th) I ordered some S15 magazines from Shield Arms, e-mailed and they told me that they are running about 30 days behind on their back orders.

Just received an e-mail that my magazines have shipped (the mailing label has been created). My guess is early next week.

Good news for me too then. I ordered 4 of their mags and their steel mag catch on 1/25.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
My 4 Shield Arms mags and steel mag catch just shipped out today. Smile

Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
I still love the versatility and overall excellence of my gen 3 G26, along with my Sig P365 which has prevented me from buying any of the newer Glocks. If I’m missing something, I don’t know it.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMag:
I still love the versatility and overall excellence of my gen 3 G26, along with my Sig P365 which has prevented me from buying any of the newer Glocks. If I’m missing something, I don’t know it.

A slightly smaller gun than your Glock 26 G3 with the ability to hold 15 rounds with these Shield Arms mags...

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
How long did they take after you place the order? Ordered 3 mags and steel mag catch Feb. 2nd.

quote:

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
How long did they take after you place the order? Ordered 3 mags and steel mag catch Feb. 2nd.

quote:

I placed my order on January 25th and they shipped today. Not bad at all. I can’t believe people are paying resellers $60 to $70 per mag for these, since they are on backorder.

Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JMag:

A slightly smaller gun than your Glock 26 G3 with the ability to hold 15 rounds with these Shield Arms mags...

But what would I do with all my double stack magazines, many of which hold more than fifteen rounds?

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Well Para will be tickled .... I just mailed a check to a fellow member for a Glock.

I'm not a fan of them... I really don't have serious reasons other than I'm not a fan of striker fired systems as well as the way Glocks look... but here is why I made the plunge:

For years I carried in my work vehicle both a Ruger P89 and Ruger PC9 carbine... they both not only shot the same caliber ammo but took the same magazines.... some would call it silly but from an 'old west' stand point this seems the most practical system for if serious trouble occurred. I recently decided to upgrade my caliber to 357 Sig and the 'rifle' options in this are not only limited but for some weird reason beyond my comprehension the only choices I found only took Glock magazines.... my new 'truck rifle' is from TNW firearms out of Oregon.... it is actually a pistol with 10.5" barrel and brace... I still need a actual handgun to match it and so have purchased a Glock 32 from a fellow member here...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Well Para will be tickled .... I just mailed a check to a fellow member for a Glock.

I'm not a fan of them... I really don't have serious reasons other than I'm not a fan of striker fired systems as well as the way Glocks look... but here is why I made the plunge:

For years I carried in my work vehicle both a Ruger P89 and Ruger PC9 carbine... they both not only shot the same caliber ammo but took the same magazines.... some would call it silly but from an 'old west' stand point this seems the most practical system for if serious trouble occurred. I recently decided to upgrade my caliber to 357 Sig and the 'rifle' options in this are not only limited but for some weird reason beyond my comprehension the only choices I found only took Glock magazines.... my new 'truck rifle' is from TNW firearms out of Oregon.... it is actually a pistol with 10.5" barrel and brace... I still need a actual handgun to match it and so have purchased a Glock 32 from a fellow member here...

Welcome to the dark side..
You probably already know, but you can run 40cal on your 32 with a simple 23 barrel swap using the same magazines.
At times I ran a 27 barrel in my 33 and a 31 barrel in my 22.
I always ran stock Glock barrels instead of aftermarket.

A nice option to have with the current short supply of ammo.
I love the 357sig round, more than anything it is just plain fun to shoot.

But be careful, keep an eye on that Glock.
They tend to multiply once they get into the home..

Good luck..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a G44 in November. I've shot it twice about a 100 rounds of CCI MiniMags each time and I got a lot of jams - mostly stovepipes. Like can't get through a mag without a jam. I have the two mags that came with it and two extras.

Next time I'll label the mags and see if there is any difference between them. I also have a threaded barrel I might try so see if that makes any difference. I've also been leaving the slide locked back to compress the recoil spring as it may be a little too strong at first. I do have a Glock factory "-" connector in it which should not have any effect on extraction and ejection. The striker spring seems heavier on these and the trigger pull is higher compared to centerfire Glocks, so the "-" pretty much makes it the same as a centerfire Glock.

I suppose it's possible I am limp-wristing it but I haven't had that issue with any other semi-automatic, even the known finicky Kahr PM9. Seems like it could be the extractor which does seem a little loose.

A friend just got one and shot it today with cheap Winchester ammo and had no issues.

How is everyone else doing with theirs?

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I bought a G44 in November. I've shot it twice about a 100 rounds of CCI MiniMags each time and I got a lot of jams - mostly stovepipes. Like can't get through a mag without a jam. I have the two mags that came with it and two extras.

Next time I'll label the mags and see if there is any difference between them. I also have a threaded barrel I might try so see if that makes any difference. I've also been leaving the slide locked back to compress the recoil spring as it may be a little too strong at first. I do have a Glock factory "-" connector in it which should not have any effect on extraction and ejection. The striker spring seems heavier on these and the trigger pull is higher compared to centerfire Glocks, so the "-" pretty much makes it the same as a centerfire Glock.

I suppose it's possible I am limp-wristing it but I haven't had that issue with any other semi-automatic, even the known finicky Kahr PM9. Seems like it could be the extractor which does seem a little loose.

A friend just got one and shot it today with cheap Winchester ammo and had no issues.

How is everyone else doing with theirs?

This video may help...

https://youtu.be/Ginch2koH8E

posted Hide Post
^^^^ I think I was using up the last of my 36 grain hollowpoint MiniMags. Guess I can try 40 grain next and see what happens.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
This thread is costing me $$$...

I just purchased this NIB Glock 48 MOS with CH Precision Adapter Plate and new Holosun 507K X2 red dot optic mounted. I was never a huge Glock guy due to the fat grip and blocky slide of the G19 but I’m all in with the slimline models (G43x and G48), along with the 15 round flush fit magazines from Shield Arms.

Para is an evil overlord. He should get kickbacks from Glock for this thread.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107257 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MSG21
posted Hide Post
It's been a long time since I was here. Just bought the Gen 5 Glock 26. It's a nice pistol.

“Pray not for lighter burdens but for stronger backs.”

Posts: 264 | Location: Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
But be careful, keep an eye on that Glock.
They tend to multiply once they get into the home..

Good luck..

I guess you are right because next on my list is probably a Glock 19... just because I also bought the 9mm conversion parts for the TNW I bought.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post