SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Since the start of this thread I have bought and traded off a few different model Glocks. For some odd reason the other day it pops into my head I have a Gen 2 G17 slide sitting in a box some place. I found it and now will be buying a used complete Gen 2 frame. The non-finger grip old school Glocks are cool.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
Since the start of this thread I have bought and traded off a few different model Glocks. For some odd reason the other day it pops into my head I have a Gen 2 G17 slide sitting in a box some place. I found it and now will be buying a used complete Gen 2 frame. The non-finger grip old school Glocks are cool.

I have a 2 Gen 2 17s, a Gen 2 19, and a Gen 2.5 G26 (it has finger grooves but they are smooth).
I've always been a Gen 2 purist after buying and selling Gen 3s and Gen 4s.

BUT, if you like no fingers grooves and 9mm, the Glock 45 might be for you.. Big Grin
Very happy with mine.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I bought a Walther PPQ

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I bought a Walther PPQ

You may have posted in the wrong thread Sir... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
BUT, if you like no fingers grooves and 9mm, the Glock 45 might be for you..
Very happy with mine.

Trust me 1lowlife. I already have! Some day I might get one.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Picked up my latest Glock goodness this past Saturday as part of the Black Friday weekend buying bonanza. Fortunately I did not have to wait in a long line, fight anyone for it, or have them sell out before I could get mine, as my latest GSSF coupon made buying the Blue Label Gen5 G26 a breeze and even more affordable. I had a G26 back a few years ago and sold it, but so far I'm liking this one much better.

Mine is the fixed sight model, with this one being made in the USA by the folks in Smyrna, GA. Really liking the no finger groves like its G17 and G19 Gen5 brethren it is now keeping company with and the same great trigger pull too that is consistently breaking at right around 4.75 lbs. Fit and finish is every bit the equal of the Austrian Gen5s as it should be. If there was no country stamp, you would not be able to tell the difference. Them Georgia folk with those new-fangled Austrian machines and materials make some good "iron". Cool

Looking forward to getting it to the range this weekend and I already have some Truglo TFX sights on the way for it as well as some Glock 12 round extended mags I picked up during the Midway USA Glock mag sale with free shipping. If all goes well as I expect it will, this will be replacing my 9mm Shield as my go-to 9mm carry piece. Nothing but good things to say about the Shield, just a transition to more consistency for me since my other frequently carried conceal gun is a G42 (also made in the USA) that has been excellent in fit and function, and an accurate, reliable companion. Glock on!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:...

Very nice, I'm excited for my 26. What generation was your previous 26? What about it didn't you like or what about the Gen 5 makes it better? That Midway deal was great, snagged some factory mags myself. I had browsed a bunch of sites, but didn't see any good deals until I stumbled upon that one by accident. Was thinking about the clear mags (ECT I think?), but wasn't sure how good they would be.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:

Very nice, I'm excited for my 26. What generation was your previous 26? What about it didn't you like or what about the Gen 5 makes it better? That Midway deal was great, snagged some factory mags myself. I had browsed a bunch of sites, but didn't see any good deals until I stumbled upon that one by accident. Was thinking about the clear mags (ECT I think?), but wasn't sure how good they would be.

Thanks and congrats on yours being on the way. My previous was a Gen3. Don't get me wrong, it shot accurately and was 100% reliable, but there are quite a few things about the Gen5 that I like better and I would imagine most would agree. I much prefer the texture of the grip, the lack of finger grooves, the ambi slide catch release, the mag release, the better trigger action and break, and the finish. I still have the first Glock I ever bought, a Gen2 G19 that is about 22 years old and is still a great pistol that has never had a single stoppage or issue of any kind. I feel Glock just took their pistols to the next level of refinement with all the improvements in the Gen5 and nothing personal against SIG but I think the US military would have done much better selecting the Gen5 Glock instead of the P320.

As for the ECT mags, I have both 7 round and 9 round versions for my G42 and they have been reliable with no issues. I still prefer the factory Glock mags in general though, especially when you can get them on sale like we did recently.

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
quote:

Thanks and congrats on yours being on the way. My previous was a Gen3. Don't get me wrong, it shot accurately and was 100% reliable, but there are quite a few things about the Gen5 that I like better and I would imagine most would agree. I much prefer the texture of the grip, the lack of finger grooves, the ambi slide catch release, the mag release, the better trigger action and break, and the finish. I still have the first Glock I ever bought, a Gen2 G19 that is about 22 years old and is still a great pistol that has never had a single stoppage or issue of any kind. I feel Glock just took their pistols to the next level of refinement with all the improvements in the Gen5 and nothing personal against SIG but I think the US military would have done much better selecting the Gen5 Glock instead of the P320.

As for the ECT mags, I have both 7 round and 9 round versions for my G42 and they have been reliable with no issues. I still prefer the factory Glock mags in general though, especially when you can get them on sale like we did recently.

Thanks and congrats, as well. Sounds like if I weren't in CA with a dumbass roster the Gen 5 would be relly nice. Only way to get Gen 4 or 5 in CA is someone in state to sell it to you private party (however they may have come to legally own one). The Gen 5s I've seen people selling are usually around $1k. Gen 4 goes for around $$750. That's why I went Gen 3, they are on roster and can be had for normal prices and bought anywhere. I'll See if after shooting it a bit if I want to upgrade the trigger, get ext mag release and slide lock. First thing I'll look into is the grip, never had a factory grip I was happy with. Sounds like I, also, should check out the ECT mags eventually. Will have 5 factory ones to start with, so probably good for awhile.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
The only thing I added to my Gen3 G26 was a rubber grip sleeve. It was a good pistol and I can certainly understand the CA limitations you are dealing with so considering the availability and price differences, I don't blame you going with the Gen3. Actually I just double checked and the clear aftermarket mags are ETS mags not ECT...been a long day and tired but sounded close enough at the time until I really started to think about it. lol

Magpul makes Glock mags as well so that would also be an option. I do not have any experience with them yet but others here have mentioned positive experience with them.

-Dtech

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I bought a Walther PPQ

You may have posted in the wrong thread Sir... Roll Eyes

But I also have six Sigs.
239, 239, 225A, 228, 226, 220

I did shoot a Glock today. A full size 9mm. Don't know the number. I did like it.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention that I did add Pearce grip extensions to a couple of the magazines I had for my Gen3 G26. They were the plus capacity variety but the +0 extensions will at least give the benefit of the extra grip real estate if not the added capacity for you in CA. The G26 is definitely comfortable and controllable with just the standard mags and pinky curled under, even one-handed and my hands lean a little more towards the smaller side. But the grip extensions really do make it even better if even just as a spare mag if the standard mag provides maximum concealment as needed for a given carry method.

I was fortunate to come across those Glock 12 rounders with the factory extensions for the new Gen5 during the Midway USA sale which I shared in the Black Friday deals thread.

-Dtech

King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Dtech!

posted Hide Post
I am here to admit that I have a Glock problem.

I bought a new factory Glock slide from a shop that is moving. Got a great deal on it.
I will probably have it cut for an RMR. Then it will be used on a carry gun after that.

Jsjac

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tuckerrnr1:

Its a Glock thing ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Post and signature dissonate.....

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Post and signature dissonate.....

For others like me, not as edjamacated as P220 Smudge;
quote:
From Wikipedia:
In music, consonance and dissonance are categorizations of simultaneous or successive sounds. Consonance is associated with sweetness, pleasantness, and acceptability; dissonance is associated with harshness, unpleasantness, or unacceptability.

So I apologize for the harshness of my above post, I simply associated it with the recent discussion of new Glock shooters hitting low & left until they adjusted their grip ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
You will buy Glock parts..

Glock 45: OEM slide stop and mag release VS Vickers

OEM

Top, Vickers, bottom OEM

Vickers

Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
So shouldn't the Glock 45 have been the combination of a G19 frame and a G26 slide and barrel? Although I guess they could now maybe make it a Glock 52 instead since it would be 7 more than the 45 like the G26 was 7 more than the G19?

In either case, whatever the designation, a G19 frame with a G26 top end would be quite interesting!

-Dtech

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
So shouldn't the Glock 45 have been the combination of a G19 frame and a G26 slide and barrel? Although I guess they could now maybe make it a Glock 52 instead since it would be 7 more than the 45 like the G26 was 7 more than the G19?

In either case, whatever the designation, a G19 frame with a G26 top end would be quite interesting!

S&W did it with the 3.6" M&P compact and would be my favorite configuration for concealed carry. For everything else I like the G45 model of a full duty grip and a 4" bbl.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post