SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I kinda want a Glock 45. I have basically been all DA/SA for 8 years and my Glocks basically just get occasional exercise and the G45 makes little practical sense to me but ....... I kinda want one. I mean hell I have a Ruger Charger and those make no practical sense.

All that being said all the praise is selling me on the handling characteristics.

I like toys.....sue me. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never been interested in Glocks for some reason. Maybe it's their very plain, very utilitarian styling, I'm not sure. They have definitely earned an almost sterling reputation through the years.

I had a chance to examine the new Glock 45 a couple of weeks ago and was surprising impressed, so much that I surprised myself and bought one.

I've had a chance to shoot it on a couple occasions and have to admit, that it handles and shoots very well. It's generally very accurate although mine shoots to the left. I've shot it from a bench, no change, experimented with varying my grip and the grip attachments that came with it, and still no change. I like to go through all possibilities before doing any thing permanent, but I guess I'm going to have to move the rear sight to the right. I hate to do that because the rear sight is already somewhat to the right from the factory, but I don't see any alternative.

Once this is corrected, I think I'll be pretty satisfied with the new Glock. Other than that, it has been just about perfect.

My only real complaint is that IMO, Glock should make the trigger guard just a bit bigger. No matter how I grip the gun, my finger rubs on the bottom of the trigger guard and can be a bit uncomfortable. Another 1/16" to 1/8" height would make a world of difference. I can't imagine how anyone could shoot this with gloves on.

Other than that one bit of criticism, I think Glock has a winner with the new model 45.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
If you're a right hander, it's common to shoot low and to the left, just the opposite for lefty's, as for correcting these issues, you just need a better grip and keep your finger a little higher on the trigger, I have a few of my auto's that made my trigger pull painful, until I learned a better hold and placement, congrats on your G45, I love mine and think it's my perfect Glock, if your's didn't come with night sights, there are several good ones to consider, Amerglo agents work great, I'm running Tru-Glo TFX Pros on mine which are great day and night sights because they are also fiber optic, anyway, congrats, enjoy your G45, you made a good choice in a firearm...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Concur with the above. When I first got my g26 it shot low and left for me also. I was used to using the tip of my finger on the trigger. Putting a little more finger on the trigger, around the first knuckle helped tremendously.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re: Shooting low and left with Glocks.

This helped me with my first G19 when I struggled with consistent center hits, instead of grouping left.

Sink more trigger finger.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
After years of shooting nothing but Sigs, I had the same low and left issue in my XD phase.
It just took a bit of trigger and grip range time.

Between tiring of the spongy XD triggers and reading this thread, I became a follower of the Glock..

I used to say the last gun I'd ever be rid of is my Gen 2 G17, but this G45 may end up being the favorite.
I can't see there being a better LEO weapon.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
One thing I did like about the G19X was the +2 mag extensions.
What do y'all recommend for +2 for the G45?

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I have used Glock OEM +2s to make black G17 mags 19rds, however with the price drop to $24.99 for G19X 19rd mags (they used to be $34.99), it's cheaper to just buy them from Brownells (since most places want @$9 for each extension & insert, plus $20-ish for the base G17 magazine).

Wait for a $10 off $99 deal and you get 4 of them for $90, or about $22-23/each.

https://www.brownells.com/maga...-19x-prod116292.aspx

posted Hide Post
Sometimes I don't like to carry the poop colored 19x so I got a 45 for those times.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Re: Shooting low and left with Glocks.

Thanks for the tip and the link to the video. I'll definitely try it the next time I go to the range.

My problem though isn't that I'm shooting low and left, I'm shooting just left of center. At 15 yards I'm showing a nicely grouped set of holes about 1 1/2 to 2 inches to the left of center. The elevation is fine.

I've tried shooting from a rest with the exact same results. I've varied my grip using more trigger finger and less. I've also tried using different grip adjustment panels. No matter what I've tried, I always get the same results.

I'll probably try again and give the recommendations in the video a try. Like I mentioned before, my rear sight is already slightly right of center from the factory so I hate to move it even more to the right.

I ordered my Glock 45 with the AmeriGlo sights. They are among the best pistol sights I've had. The big orange front dot is hard to miss.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

I have used Glock OEM +2s to make black G17 mags 19rds, however with the price drop to $24.99 for G19X 19rd mags (they used to be $34.99), it's cheaper to just buy them from Brownells (since most places want @$9 for each extension & insert, plus $20-ish for the base G17 magazine).

Wait for a $10 off $99 deal and you get 4 of them for $90, or about $22-23/each.

I also suggest the 19x +2 magazines.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:

...My problem though isn't that I'm shooting low and left, I'm shooting just left of center. At 15 yards I'm showing a nicely grouped set of holes about 1 1/2 to 2 inches to the left of center. The elevation is fine...

Do you usually shoot Sigs? If so, your problem may be sight picture. Sig recommends covering the bullseye with the front sight, Glock recommends a center hold. If you cover the sights with the Glock, and don't use enough trigger finger, you'll shoot left of center.

Sight image 2 is for Glock, 3 is for Sig.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That G45 is tempting me something fierce.

It’s a 17 frame and everything internally, right? Locking block and slide rails in the right place? Could someone put a G34 upper (Gen 4, I’m assuming) on it and have it work? Probably not, I’m guessing. They really need to get rid of the half moon horseshit on the Gen 5.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
That G45 is tempting me something fierce.

It’s a 17 frame and everything internally, right? Locking block and slide rails in the right place? Could someone put a G34 upper (Gen 4, I’m assuming) on it and have it work? Probably not, I’m guessing. They really need to get rid of the half moon horseshit on the Gen 5.

Sorry, but no, that wouldn't work. The Gen5 Glocks all use the G19 style locking block. The Gen4 G34 uses the "old" G17 style locking block and is not compatible with the Gen5 guns. You would need to use a Gen5 G34 upper in order to make that swap. Also, there would be a gap between the end of the frame and the slide, as the frame is a G17 grip, but only as long as a G19 slide.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it seemed a bridge too far. Hopefully they ditch the half moon on the Gen 5 and all of us who haven’t got one yet because of it won’t have an excuse anymore, lol.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:

Do you usually shoot Sigs? If so, your problem may be sight picture. Sig recommends covering the bullseye with the front sight, Glock recommends a center hold. If you cover the sights with the Glock, and don't use enough trigger finger, you'll shoot left of center.

Sight image 2 is for Glock, 3 is for Sig.

Thanks for that clarification. I have been more into Sigs the last few years and do usually shoot with their combat sight picture which does include covering the target with the front sight. Personally I don't like that as it hides the center of the target when trying to do precision shooting. I guess that the combat style of aiming is used exactly as the name implies and is intended to deliver shots at center mass, not precision shooting.
Personally I like the Glock sight picture that you pointed out. It allows for more of the target to show through. I will definitely give that a try, plus using more trigger finger.
I've been shooting for many years but it seems like I never stop learning.
I've never owned a Glock before and to be honest, I never wanted to own a Glock. But for some reason this model 45 intrigued me and I bought it. Now I am beginning to see the draw to Glocks.
I guess the OP who named this thread "You will buy a Glock" was right.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I also suggest the 19x +2 magazines.

Thanks guys, but the color of the 19X is one reason I got rid of it.
The slide actually looked OK, but the poop colored plastic was not..
Besides, I already have 12 G17 mags.
I just need the +2 bases and inserts.

I ordered 4 sets of GLOCK OEM PLUS 2 MAG EXTENSION BASE PAD + INSERT - SP07151 SP07165.
They were $12 per set with free shipping.

posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's what you need if you aren't buying new mags, but for anyone buying new the G19X 19rd mags from Brownells are the best way to go for the $$$.

I found this is the best way to install them after my first two were a huge PITA.

After putting the insert in, hold it flush while sliding the baseplate on with a Glock tool pushed through the hole - use the tool to keep the insert flush until the baseplate is on, then slowly remove the tool to lower it into place.