SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of pterodon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by playmetheblues:
I hate 'em so much I have four

I hate em twice as much. Yup, I have eight. Soon to be nine as soon as I can find a Gen4 G20.

Posts: 42 | Registered: February 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I guess I didn't technically "Buy a Glock". I posted a firearm that I had no use for on a local forum this morning and I received a trade offer. Gen 2 Glock 19, with 10 mags, new Big Dot night sights, plus some cash.

I'd been toying with getting a G19. Looked at the butterscotch Gen 3 & 4s, but passed. Those stupid ejection issues kept me away. Beside, I didn't need a Glock.

Anyway, not exactly what I was looking for, but it was a decent trade and still brought me some cash. Not crazy about the sights, maybe I'll replace them and sell them off.

Plus now I have this dirty little thing to abuse and have as a gun I can use and really don't care about. Also to shoot in those "Glocks only" matches. Something to hand to a commoner when the zombies attack, that type of thing... Smile

SN AVH###, anything I should know about it?

Rhino

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jandersd
posted Hide Post
Rhino - that's a great little gun - I have one almost exactly like it.

Serial AVH**** should be a G-19 2.0 dated 1994-03-01
link: http://www.glocktalk.com/forum...thread.php?t=1445829

---
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Posts: 1122 | Location: Cartersville, GA | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jandersd:
Rhino - that's a great little gun - I have one almost exactly like it.

Serial AVH**** should be a G-19 2.0 dated 1994-03-01
link: http://www.glocktalk.com/forum...thread.php?t=1445829
Thanks. I hate it already as much as I'm intrigued by this little black soul-less piece of plastic and steel.

Wink

Rhino

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Thanks. I hate it already as much as I'm intrigued by this little black soul-less piece of plastic and steel.

Wink

Rhino

Welcome to the dark side.
A 3.5# connector using the stock trigger spring makes that stock trigger pretty nice.
A nice upgrade with a $15 part.
Plus the Glock reset is short and sweet.

I sent you an email according to your profile provided email addy, if you don't get it, email me.
My email is in my profile...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
My Son and I went 1911 shopping for him as he is scheduled for USMC Boot Camp April 2013. He already knows the 1911 well..

Standing in the GS today we noticed 2 consecutive Ser# G19s gen4 od the last two they had... Well he surprised me after years of giving me hell about my Glocks... He said "I want that one instead... of the 1911"

Well we both shoot Glock better than any other platform... So Ya I purchased both of them on the spot... He chose the ser# he wanted This is something so nice to share with my son. Mine will be my main CCW pistol reminding me daily of Him while he is away serving on our behalf..

That is a great story.
God Bless you and your son..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I guess I didn't technically "Buy a Glock". I posted a firearm that I had no use for on a local forum this morning and I received a trade offer. Gen 2 Glock 19, with 10 mags, new Big Dot night sights, plus some cash.

I'd been toying with getting a G19. Looked at the butterscotch Gen 3 & 4s, but passed. Those stupid ejection issues kept me away. Beside, I didn't need a Glock.

Anyway, not exactly what I was looking for, but it was a decent trade and still brought me some cash. Not crazy about the sights, maybe I'll replace them and sell them off.

Plus now I have this dirty little thing to abuse and have as a gun I can use and really don't care about. Also to shoot in those "Glocks only" matches. Something to hand to a commoner when the zombies attack, that type of thing... Smile

SN AVH###, anything I should know about it?

Rhino

Nice looking Gen2 Rhino!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loaded up 150 rds, gonna run it hard this morning and see what it can do...

Can't believe I have a Glorp in the house...

Rhino

posted Hide Post
MY FIRST GlOCK!!! How'd I do?!

Posts: 505 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jermzzzzzzz:

Nice! Is it a 19?

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Lookin' real good. That older X200A is not as bright as many lights out there these days, but it has a tight beam and it will do the job for a house gun.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeap Glock 19 Gen 3 FDE! After years of holding off I finally drank the kool-aid and have been assimilated!

Posts: 505 | Location: North East Illinois | Registered: September 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jermzzzzzzz:

Nice!

I would love to have a FDE. But I refuse to pay 600ish for it.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well after getting up to 11 and then selling down I am back to 9 and I think I will stay at that level. Picked up a lnib G19 Gen3 with 3 mags for $ 400.00 out the door

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I paid 500 for mine. Www.grabagun.com 59 dollars less than buds.

Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I no longer own a Glock. I traded a Gen 4 G17 plus $100 for a mint Sig P225. I have owned a handful of Glocks in the past and have really tried my best to like them but they will never give me a boner like a Sig or a 1911. I admire their reliability but my Sigs are just as reliable.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post
Shot my new Gen 3 G19 last night...I took at least 5 pieces of brass to the forehead...what the hell

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
...they will never give me a boner like a Sig or a 1911.
How many years of psychotherapy would it take to clear up that?

No firearm causes me to have an erection. Frankly, I think you got something broken, pard.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum said: "You'll be fine trust us."

Picture of mn_smokeater
posted Hide Post
I have a 17Gen3 I really like it for what it is but I find myself wondering.

Is there more Glock has to offer me? I really like the size of a 19 and have given thought to that vs my 17, but then I could simply trim the grip to 19 length and have the compact grip with the longer slide for better sight radius and recoil management. But that is a mod you cannot undo. Thinking thinking thinking Confused

~------------------------------~
"Other Duties as Assigned"

Posts: 1355 | Location: Bemidji, MN | Registered: March 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mn_smokeater:
I have a 17Gen3 I really like it for what it is but I find myself wondering.

Is there more Glock has to offer me? I really like the size of a 19 and have given thought to that vs my 17, but then I could simply trim the grip to 19 length and have the compact grip with the longer slide for better sight radius and recoil management. But that is a mod you cannot undo. Thinking thinking thinking Confused

You can always buy another frame if you screw it up.
Or buy another frame to chop, and save your original one.

Glock frames...

I see them on Gunbroker Glock frames all the time as well.

Here is a detailed thread for grip chopping an XD service frame to a sub-compact frame for an XD pistol.
XD/polymer grip chop.