SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In the past three weeks I sold my Glock 22 & 26......and also my Shield. All three of them are outstanding and reliable handguns. Just time to switch it up. Bought my first Sig (320 x-compact) and love it. Thinking about getting a 365 too...but will probably wait until it gets closer to the holidays. As far a Glocks go...I will never have anything negative to say about them. All the hype about “you can feed them anything” is absolutely true. If I ever buy another, it will be a Glock 19. If I would have bought a 19 instead of the 22, I would have kept it. There was a time when you couldn’t have paid me to own one.....then one day, something just clicked.

Posts: 6 | Registered: June 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-Forgery
posted Hide Post
It's an endless cycle: Glock, Sig, Glock, Sig. It is not madness I tell you.

"The Hun is either at your throat or at your feet".
Winston Churchill

Posts: 377 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you read through this massive thread, you would see how very many members have said the same thing (just as emphatically as you have), only to show up in the thread a year or two later saying that they've just purchased their third Glock.

Think I'm kidding? It's the truth. That stuff is all throughout this thread. Tell him, fellas.

/raises hand

Hi. I'm one of those who emphatically stated I would never buy a Glock. I really didn't want to like them, swore I'd never have anything to do with one and all that. Then I shot one at a range trip and that was it. I have since sold every Sig Sauer I owned and replaced them with Glocks. I've bought seven since then, four of them G19's of various generations and frame colors. Sometime in the next year or so, I'd like to add a G20 just because, a G45 for a nighstand gun, a G48 for summer carry, and I'm always on the lookout for a good deal on a Gen 1 17L.

See? I stopped fighting it and just accepted what comes naturally to me and I'm so much happier.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
<SNIP>
there was a Cz p-01 that has been haunting me since. May just pick that up on the impulse and satisfy the itch until the Glock inventory returns to normal.

I've not known anyone that has regretted buying any CZ ... probably one of the most over looked pistols on the market.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course, Dan. We believe you, really, we do. Wink

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
quote:
NEVER & I mean NEVER will TUPPERWARE from any manufacturer be allowed on the premises or take up useful space in any of my safes.PERIOD.

Not the betting type
But
I'll wager any amount & you will loose!!

Carve it in stone!!

I recommend the highly popular G19... You are going to love it Dan.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I love my Glock 19! Although I’m stuck carrying a G23 most of the time, due to work. I’ve bought several Glocks over the years, I’ll buy more in the coming years, but the 19 is still my favorite.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been a Glock fan since the 80's. Even after the internet became popular and I learned that terrorists use them because they don't set off metal detectors, they blow up, they have terrible triggers, the have terrible sights, the grip angle is totally unnatural, and few other negatives, mine have always done everything I could expect a handgun to do.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
NEVER & I mean NEVER will TUPPERWARE from any manufacturer be allowed on the premises or take up useful space in any of my safes.PERIOD.

yeah I use to say the same thing plastic guns SUCK why would anyone one want a plastic gun? sig sauer for me or nothing. then I shot a Glock 19 ten times better then any sig I ever owned, now I don't have any sigs. Big Grin

Go pick up a 43x put some 15 round shield mags for it and be done.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Glock 48 through the blue label program. Came with the Ameriglo Spartan night sights. I added some Talon grips, a plug and a Ghost connector. My 15 round Shield Arms mag just arrived and so far I'M IN LOVE!!!!

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 583 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I did, in fact, buy a Glock. It was a Glock 33 and I sold it not long after. The only other time I have shot a Glock was last week on a range trip. It was the 42, brought by my brother, and the only non-Sig in the rotation that day. I did not shoot it well at all.

I can say with conviction, I will never buy another Glock Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
You will sell a Glock

I've bought a few Glocks over the years & am about to clear the harrem of them all..
Sold my Glock 26.4 & 24.3 this week..
I am now in the market for a SIG again..
P365 P320C P250..
Want a P365 but still might end up with a Glock 43 in the end..
This all started by Me liking the carry feel of My then M&P Shield 9mm 2.0 over my Glock 26..
Then my youngest Son got a M&P Shield 380 EZ
That's had me looking hard at the Springfield Hellcat & SIG Sauer P365s now..

Liking the slim feel of what will be my next carry gun.. Goodbye Glock26 You Fat Pig..

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Slow learner, are you?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I did, in fact, buy a Glock. It was a Glock 33 and I sold it not long after. The only other time I have shot a Glock was last week on a range trip. It was the 42, brought by my brother, and the only non-Sig in the rotation that day. I did not shoot it well at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:
You will sell a Glock

I've bought a few Glocks over the years & am about to clear the harrem of them all..
P365 P320C P250..
This all started by Me liking the carry feel of My then M&P Shield 9mm 2.0 over my Glock 26..

Liking the slim feel of what will be my next carry gun.. Goodbye Glock26 You Fat Pig..

But you both bought one (or more) Glock(s). Big Grin
Thanks for your valuable input... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:
You will sell a Glock

P365 P320C P250..

But you both bought one (or more). Big Grin
Thanks for your valuable input... Roll Eyes

I did buy a Glock, so I did fulfill the prophecy. I am not sure why my not liking it is not a valid contribution....the title said I would buy one, not that I had to like it Razz

ETA, well crap...apparently I was supposed to like it....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The only Glock I have is a G26 I bought in 2010. I recently discovered it had became obsolete...
Yeah, it's been known to happen.

I don't think I'll ever live that thread down...

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was a good one Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
quote:
The only Glock I have is a G26 I bought in 2010. I recently discovered it had became obsolete...
Yeah, it's been known to happen.

No sir, no you will not. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]I don't think I'll ever live that thread down...[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you started that thread. After reading it, I visited my old friend. We now have a tighter bond..closer than ever.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post