SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
After nothing but Sigs and HK's for almost the last ten years, Para's premonition finally came true. A few weeks ago an early gen 5 19 found its way into the home. I took a part time job at a local gun shop a few months ago and initially bought the glock to educate myself more, then sell it this fall. Well, after the first range session a few weeks ago ive decided the glock is a keeper.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictorLouis:
So, they took the 43, and upscaled it into both the 43X and 48. Now, if they would just do that same thing with the 36 !

VictorLouis, take a look at the 30S, it’s a 10 shot double stack 36 (so to speak).
I have both the 36FGR and 30S, both great shooters.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a few, still have a 17,22, and my bug a 27. I call her Babs after Barbara Stresand. Ugly as hell, but she sure can sing.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
Don't tell me what to buy!

Okay, maybe... Glock 19s are hard to find and I want one.
But also G43x. One of these handguns will find its way into my home...

Question is, can we buy a glock FCU?

"I've heard it said that God made all men, but Samuel Colt made all men equal."

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bschuu:

Glocks don't use P320-style swappable FCUs. Their frame is the serialized part, like most handgun designs.

But you can buy stripped frames, both factory and aftermarket.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Glocks don't use P320-style swappable FCUs. Their frame is the serialized part, like most handgun designs.

But you can buy stripped frames, both factory and aftermarket.

Ahh, makes sense.. I'm a Glock newbie Big Grin
So, would it be easier to just buy a complete gun and then customize after?

Posts: 138 | Location: CA --> TN | Registered: July 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It really depends on what you want to do with it, honestly. Let's start there. "Customize" covers a lot of turf, and without knowing what you want to end up with, it's not really possible to suggest where to begin.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
It really depends on what you want to do with it, honestly. Let's start there. "Customize" covers a lot of turf, and without knowing what you want to end up with, it's not really possible to suggest where to begin.

Ya, you're right. The Glock will be more of a toy than an EDC. So, ~4.5 barrel or less, custom slide, barrel, compensator, RDS, etc. Possibilities are endless.
I have a bunch of 9mm's so a 45 would be good but have very little experience shooting a 45 or any Glock for that matter.

posted Hide Post
Well right now...we cannot SELL a Glock.

Glocks...<grumble>...no inventory anywhere...for WEEKS...perpetually out with every distributor...how the hell can I get anything to sell...I know...

Rely on SIG, S&W, HK, Canik, Beretta, Walther, CZ, even Springfield. They sell direct. They ship direct. At least a trickle is better than NOTHING AT ALL.

Trouble is...it doesn't stop those incessant questions: "Do you have any Glocks?" "Do you have Glock 19s?" "Can I special order a Glock?"

Aaauugggghhh!!!!
<insert Charlie Brown emoji here>

As far as I'm concerned, Glock NEEDS to modify their distribution strategy here in the U.S. Distributors seldom limit how many units a given dealer can buy; time it right and in theory one can rule the market, at least momentarily. West Coast Armory did it after Newtown, when they scarfed up any and every Glock they could find in distributors' hands. Nationwide. Not sure who's ruling the roost this time around. I just know it's not us. Not even close. This kind of crap shuts out everyone else and needs to stop.

Frustrated. <Completely self-serving rant off>

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I bought my first in the 90’s- a G21 .45. The next one I bought new was this year under the Blue Label/Salute program.
I could not find any of the Gen 5 (orange follower) larger capacity mags anywhere locally. Couldn’t understand why I didn’t see any on Glock’s webpage store, so I called Glock. (Obviously Glock fans can tell I have not been a frequent Glock user). So I asked the customer service fellow why no magazines on the web store page and he gave me the usual customer service “do you know how to use the web site to identify a dealer?”, blah, blah routine. Eyeroll.
I know how to find a dealer, says I. I found all of the local dealers and NONE of them have any of these magazines…

Well, I can’t help you- says he. You’ll just have to search online…
Good customer service, but very different from other firearm manufacturers, all I can say.
I finally did find two 24 round mags-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Possibilities are endless.

Truly. Sky's the limit, dude. If you want something to tinker with, a 17 or a 19 in whatever flavor you like is a fine place to start.

One request, though - please don't take a soldering iron to a Gen 1 or 2. Don't be that guy. They made other Glocks after those to address the slick grip. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I could not find any of the Gen 5 (orange follower) larger capacity mags anywhere locally. Couldn’t understand why I didn’t see any on Glock’s webpage store, so I called Glock. (Obviously Glock fans can tell I have not been a frequent Glock user). So I asked the customer service fellow why no magazines on the web store page and he gave me the usual customer service “do you know how to use the web site to identify a dealer?”, blah, blah routine. Eyeroll.
I know how to find a dealer, says I. I found all of the local dealers and NONE of them have any of these magazines…
You wanna take a wild guess why you're having a difficult time finding Glock magazines right now?

Also, how many times of late do you think that Glock employee has fielded calls asking about magazines which cannot be found at ths time?
quote:
Good customer service, but very different from other firearm manufacturers, all I can say.
Your comments indicate you feel as if you didn't get good customer service, then you say it's good customer service, but "different". In my experience, no firearms manufacturer exceeds Glock CS and I can't think of a single one now which is equal to them.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A quick check of GunMagWareHouse shows 291 G-19 Gen 5 mags in stock for $25 each,
That was a tough search! Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GCE61:

VictorLouis, take a look at the 30S, it’s a 10 shot double stack 36 (so to speak).
I have both the 36FGR and 30S, both great shooters.
\

Still a double-stacked brick in my hand, LOL. Just imagine a G36 taken to 4.5" barrel, and 8rd (semi-staggered?} mag? Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stuff.

You're sour that in the middle of the biggest gun rush maybe ever, you called up customer service of a manufacturer of firearms for an explanation why they didn't have magazines in stock? It sounds like the poor guy even attempted help you find some, but you decided you knew better and shut him down instead.

I also would've said "I'm sorry, I can't help you" at that point if I was the guy on the phone. Maybe call up Springfield Armory and ask them where you can buy some 1911 magazines and see what they say. Unreal.

Picture of bschuu
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Possibilities are endless.

Truly. Sky's the limit, dude. If you want something to tinker with, a 17 or a 19 in whatever flavor you like is a fine place to start.

One request, though - please don't take a soldering iron to a Gen 1 or 2. Don't be that guy. They made other Glocks after those to address the slick grip. Wink Big Grin

Appreciate the insight, Smudge!
FWIW - idk about the slick grip so no soldering iron here Big Grin

Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
You wanna take a wild guess why you're having a difficult time finding Glock magazines right now?

Also, how many times of late do you think that Glock employee has fielded calls asking about magazines which cannot be found at ths time?
quote:
Your comments indicate you feel as if you didn't get good customer service, then you say it's good customer service, but "different". In my experience, no firearms manufacturer exceeds Glock CS and I can't think of a single one now which is equal to them.

That part didn't happen now. The magazine part happened at the beginning of the year before the 'rona as I had the use of a friend's G34 G5 and knew I was going to get the G34 later. And the CS was good-
I was just surprised when the CS rep said "Glock didn't sell magazines directly to customers".
I think I can puzzle out why there are no magazines (or much of anything) around now.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
I own several Glocks, and have owned several more I don't have anymore. Of all the ones I have, this is my favorite. Glock 30 Gen 3 .45 ACP with XS Express Combat Sights and a G21 magazine with a X-Grip. With the X-Grip, it feels better in the hand than my G21. It points better. It feels like a commander style G21 with a better grip.

I bet that is a great shooter. My G21 is one of my absolute favorites. Im very tempted to try this setup!

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:

I bet that is a great shooter. My G21 is one of my absolute favorites. Im very tempted to try this setup!

I think you'll like it. I really like the XS Express Sights. The set up points so naturally.

As far as previous comments about the availability of Glock Gen 5 mags, I just bought several from Midway for both my G19s and G17s, and they are in stock at the time of this post. They are out there. My LGS has plenty of Glock mags. I picked up two 9mm 33 rounders a couple of weeks ago and he had a bunch more left. I got two 19 round 9mm mags in FDE at the same time, and he had more of those.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I was picking up some parts for an AR build at my local gun store and noticed their depleted stock got replenished somewhat except for Glocks. All they had were some G44’s. I popped over to the Blue Label display and there was only one piece there. What caught my eye was it’s caliber, 10mm. It was a G29. I am a fan of the caliber and liked the idea of the extra punch for a Winter carry piece. It’s about the size of a G19. I’ve had my eye out for one for a while but they tend to be scarce even before the great gun and Ammo run of 2020. I snatched it up fast. Darn Nics approval took about 30 minutes. They’re that busy in Tallahassee.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post