SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by badguybuster:
The only glock I’ve ever owned was my pd issued G21.....hated that thing

What exactly did you 'hate' about it?

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The grip and the recoil impulse. I was raised on 1911s and then got hooked on Sigs

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 316 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Kholm,

I don’t get it. Isn’t the Gen 5 G19 MOS the same basic slide as the G45 (front serrations etc.). What makes a G45 slide on a G19 MOS lower different? The MOS G19 doesn’t have the grip cutout, right??

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The G45 slide has the rear sight in its proper location. The 19MOS slide moves the rear sight back, which makes many sights non compatible. So yes, the G45 slide (or standard gen 5 G19 slide) on a 19MOS frame (lacks horseshoe cutout) is EXACTLY what many people have been screaming for years for.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The grip and the recoil impulse. I was raised on 1911s and then got hooked on Sigs

I don't get it.
I was raised on the 1911's too. I love those things!
Came on the job with a P-226, switched to the P-220 because I'm a huge fan of huge holes when shooting.

When we were able to get the Glocks, I snatched up a -21 and a -30 real quick.
I found the recoil impulse to be rather smooth, and only got better with a steel guide rod. And the math is simple. I'd much rather have 13+1 versus 8 to 10 rounds from a -220.

Are you shooting a stainless Sig?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:

I don't get it.
I was raised on the 1911's too. I love those things!
Came on the job with a P-226, switched to the P-220 because I'm a huge fan of huge holes when shooting.

When we were able to get the Glocks, I snatched up a -21 and a -30 real quick.
I found the recoil impulse to be rather smooth, and only got better with a steel guide rod. And the math is simple. I'd much rather have 13+1 versus 8 to 10 rounds from a -220.

Are you shooting a stainless Sig?

I was in the same boat. 1911's from the beginning and my Department transitioned over to Sigs, except it was the P226 in 40. That lasted a couple of years and we had the option of a P220 in 45 or a Glock 21. I qualified with both and my scores were much better with the Glock 21, even though I much preferred the P220. Felt recoil was down over the Sig too.

My department allows you to purchase a Glock 41 if you want. That is one of the softest shooting 45's I've ever owned. It's a tight race between it and the P320 in 45.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
With the 41 being lighter than a 21, I'm surprised it doesn't have more of a LEO following. 13 rounds of .45 in a very sweet shooting package, with one of the best carry .45 pistols out there as back up sharing mags, the 30s .

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 Gen 5.5?

quote:
Originally posted by Phred:
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
Cruddy, but you asked for it! Big Grin

That looks like my ideal Gen5!

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 Gen 5.45 FS NON-MOS LMNOP Pre-Summer Special 2019. Not even out yet, but I know a guy.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
I have my perfect Glock now - Glock 19 MOS Gen 5 frame with Glock 45 slide. PERFECT.
I've been thinking about doing that myself.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Got another G17. This one is a vintage model. Wink

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bought another (used) G21SF today they let me fondle a G45 ( not legal in CA unless LEO) man thats a sexy thing. maybe one day when i move to free America

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’m looking forward to holding a G48

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
bought another (used) G21SF today they let me fondle a G45 ( not legal in CA unless LEO) man thats a sexy thing. maybe one day when i move to free America

You can buy one on Calguns for like $1000 Big Grin I agree though, it would be nice to move to th free world. The laws here are just friggin crazy. These new ammo laws are bullshit.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Since I got a new Glock yesterday it was time again to contribute to this long-standing thread.

Glock 48.
So far really diggin' it.
I hate to say it, but this is probably the most comfy Glock I've ever held if not the best of all my handguns.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
but this is probably the most comfy Glock I've ever held if not the best of all my handguns.

I am interested in the 48, the smaller grip being the main reason. The reduced capacity is not that big a deal for me, but before I switch my EDC from the 19 to the 48 I'm going to have to shoot one, the 48 will have to shoot JUST LIKE the 19 for me to make the switch.

I hope that one of the ranges near me will have one up for rental some time soon, I'm not really in a hurry, but I am interested...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Digging this 43x so far. I’ll get more range time tomorrow.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I am a Glock owner now. Never have held one before
Bought a used G17 gen 2, came with a Glock barrel, Lone Wolf barrel, 2 magazines ( Glock one is 10 rounds, other a PMag, 15 rounds), red fiber optic from sight. Has had trigger work, and abrasive tape on the grip sides. Shop owner added a LH Uncle Mikes OWB, so I have something until I decide what I want for a holster. I also bought a 15 Rd. Glock mag. Tried multiple ones, new and used in the shop, and this one had the best trigger to me. Wanted a full size since I traded my BPH, many years ago. Shop owner carries one, and he will go to his range with me to familiarize me. His wife, both instructors, will work with my wife and her old CA police bulldog. She carries a newer CA.
The grip, and general feel, really suited me, so I did the deal. At this time I do not intend to CCW the Glock, having a XDs 9 mm, and multiple .38 specials for that. Should work well for a general handgun around the house and property.
Anything I need to know, or think about, beyond more magazines, and more ammo, so I keep my hoard up to standards.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
Digging this 43x so far. I’ll get more range time tomorrow.

Which sights do you have on your 43X?
edit:
Nevermind, saw your range report thread.
Smile

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Well, Para, it took me nearly ten years from your prophecy but I did buy my first, a new Glock 19 Gen4 today on 1-26-2019. I like it and I admit it. Well, 2-6-2019, better add a Glock 17 Gen4 to the list.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Texas Bob C.,

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post