SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I long ago gave up trying to resist.

bought these for my Bday yesterday

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added a 19x to the stable yesterday, I’m sure it will be awesome, the price was right so I couldn’t walk away.

A few months back I got my wife a special run g43 in “Robbins egg” blue with a silver slide. I’ve been having her practice with it quite a bit and she’s getting really accurate and comfortable with it. It fits her small hands perfectly, she carries it in a hill people gear runners kit bag, perfect set up for her.

My 2 gen4 g20s have become my all time favorites, I carry them in gunfighters inc kenai chest rig, that’s a sweet set up. One of them is stock other than the sights but the other has a Kkm barrel, a guardian trigger from glock triggers and reiki on HD sights, it’s a real shooter.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
My standard swaps are OEM (-), G17 smooth trigger, extended slide stop/release, grip plug, Talons, and Ameriglo Agent sights.

All for less than some of the aftermarket Gucci triggers. Big Grin

I do almost identically, save for the sights, and the grip plug. I had grip plugs in everything, but have gotten away from that in favor of agency arms minimalist mag wells. The Gen 5 pistols take care of the mag well, I suppose, but thus far I dont' have a Gen 5.

I replaced the slide release with a vickers, and same for the mag release; the vickers mag release is halfway between stock glock, and extended glock, and rounded a bit.

I had been using the extended glock slide stop releases, (slide release), but found that there was an occasional tendency to lock the slide back when shooting; that doesn't happen for me with the factory release, or the vickers.

The only glock I own that doesn't have a factory smooth trigger is the G43, and it has the stock serrated trigger. I'm not big on aftermarket stuff, especially for the fire control group, but I've been tempted by overwatch precision. It uses a stock glock trigger bar with one of overwatch's own triggers. With the factory bar, function and reliability should be identical, as the only thing that's actually changed is the trigger itself. The G43 has been perfectly reliable, however, and one hates to mess with perfection (such as it is).

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hey, that's right. We're workin' on a decade of this thread. We don't seem to have the problem we used to, of new guys coming in here, thinking that the Glock would get no love in this place. I'd like to think that this thread has played a part in that. Big Grin

It's been fun.

Now, if you'll just look right here for a moment...

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've got a 19,23 43 ... Over the years had several 21's a 26, 27 & 30 ... I'm starting to think I need a long barrel like a 17L or 34.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Keep thinking I need a G19 again. The Gen 5 does look nice.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m trying to decide if I want to get a g21 and a 460 Rowland kit or a 40mos and put a vortex rmr on it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

They are nice, I just can’t justify it with 2x gen 3 g19s, a gen3 rtf2, a gen4 and a 19x.

posted Hide Post
^^^Sure you can, the ones you have are not Gen 5. But seriously, I like the newer options and am thinking about getting one myself although I only have x1 gen 3 19.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a G26 for 4 or 5 years, and really like it. About a year ago, I got the proverbial "mandatory" G19, which still remains NIB. Since my budget doesn't allow collecting, I convinced myself that I would sell my G19 to offset the cost of a 229 Legion that I've wanted for awhile now. I shot the Legion yesterday, and love it, but the G19 is still hiding at home, and I haven't tried much to offload it. The desire to do so wanes more every day. Perhaps I read this thread title as "You will keep that Glock" Wink

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
I have had a G26 for 4 or 5 years, and really like it. About a year ago, I got the proverbial "mandatory" G19, which still remains NIB. Since my budget doesn't allow collecting, I convinced myself that I would sell my G19 to offset the cost of a 229 Legion that I've wanted for awhile now. I shot the Legion yesterday, and love it, but the G19 is still hiding at home, and I haven't tried much to offload it. The desire to do so wanes more every day. Perhaps I read this thread title as "You will keep that Glock" Wink

That was me too. I had a G3 G19 that was NIB that I was thinking of selling and using the proceeds to buy an HK or a Walther. I now have one of RGrizzle Leather’s Georgia Snap holsters for it and I just put TruGlo TFX Pro night sights on it as well. It’s obviously not going anywhere.

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
<SNIP>
"You will keep that Glock" Wink

This is the truth you seek.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
I still have my first Glock 19 I bought when I was a new reserve police officer and still Active Duty.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I’m considering picking up a gen4 Glock 21. I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Get one!
I have a gen 3 G-21 as my duty gun. I love that thing! One of the softer shooting .45's out there.

You won't regret buying it.

This place costs me so much money, I just ordered a new gen4 Glock 21. $499 plus $7.99 shipping. Cheapest I found around here was $530 plus tax so a pretty good deal.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Please stand clear of the doors/Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas
Picture of pacman
posted Hide Post
Yep. Just requalified for my CHP with my G19.

PACMAN

Be Prepared.

Posts: 796 | Location: Louisiana, USA | Registered: January 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I was out looking for a Glock 26 (all the local shops are apparently out of them) and got convinced to take another look at the gen5 G19. It was the one that came with Ameriglo sights. He said he'd knock a small % off if I paid cash... it was enough to tip me over the edge, so I did.

Not sure where that leaves my gen4, but I can figure that out later. Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your Gen 19.5, you’re going to be very happy, I’m sure, I know I am with my 19.5 and 17.5 enjoy your gun, I’m a ambi shooter and really appreciate the anbi controls Glock has put into these Gen 5’s, and they work well, and much better than most ambi guns out there, Enjoy your Gen 5

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I'm invested too.
I just bough talon grips, a new sight pusher and Ameriglo sites for my G19... Still on the fence about buying another holster...I hope I can sell my PPS in classifieds to fund another Glock project. Was thinking of getting a LE trade in and just shoot the snot out of it.... Hmmmmmmmm

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:

They are nice, I just can’t justify it with 2x gen 3 g19s, a gen3 rtf2, a gen4 and a 19x.

I had a G19 Gen 3 RTF2. Should have kept that. But the Gen 5 looks like a nice replacement.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot the G43 with the wife the other day. Using 147 FMJ standard pressure, it was a little blasty with some flip, but not any worse than my G27.
Put on a Hogue slip on grip, and that little pistol feels very nice now. She better keep her eyes on it.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post