SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A Glock was my first pistol.

And I still have no regrets about getting rid of it.

Mwahaha.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
Top 10 dumbass reasons people won't own a Glock

1. They've been bashing plastic for so long they can't own one now. But an XD, HK, or M&P is somehow okay. Roll Eyes

2. Fear that owning one means they'll be unoriginal.

3. Too dumb to understand simple is good

4. They think only something with a comfy grip means it'll "shoot good".

5. Glock doesn't sound as sophisticated, intellectual, or European as Heckler and Koch or SIG Sauer.

6. They think they'll have to do a Kevin Costner from The Bodyguard, close their eyes, raise the gun, and shoot someone in the dark.

7. They like to feel smart for saving $100 on a gun that isn't as proven as a Glock, but it sure looks like one!!!

8. They're actually afraid someone might mistake them for a gang banger from South Central. Even though they drive a Subaru Forester.

9. They don't like anything that doesn't break like glass rod at 1.5 lbs.

10. Glocks are controvertial. Some people don't like confrontation.

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by orionS14:
No thanks...no Glocks for me.

Ever.

I like my handguns to be functional, and appealing to the eye. NOTE: I did not type "...'appalling' to the eye" - That's the Glock category.
Simple as that.

- Brian

Yet you own a Mosquito... Razz

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I believe history will show the only truly REVOLUTIONARY developments of the 20th Century regarding pistols, came from John Browning and Gaston Glock.

All other designs are incremental minutia.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've held and fired many Glocks, and no I will never own one - there are many better choices.

Posts: 16 | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sirsigsalot
posted Hide Post
I know I will eventually succumb to the dark side..the g23 I tested before I bought my first Sig was butter. The best thing about them is their super short reset and crisp trigger. Not to mention they are just as reliable as Sigs.

The day I buy my g19 will be a bittersweet one..

Posts: 491 | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RobertFBurnett
posted Hide Post
Ok...cue the music first.

Hello, my name is Robert and I picked up my first Glock last month. It is a 3rd Gen G19 with stock everything. I just never thought it would happen to me but there is something so comforting about not caring so damn much about the finish of a gun and just tossing it (unloaded and cabled for transport of course) in the range bag and not caring what falls on top of it. Then if it hits the pavement when you pull out your ears and it bounces around you just wipe it off and tap, rack, bang, repeat.

I love it because I don't need to love it and it still goes bang. A perfect backup 9mm to my beloved P226R. Smile

RFB

P.S. When I picked it up I had the Glock armorer at the store inspect it and my FFL just laughed telling me a story of witnessing someone put 5 rounds INTO a Glock then walk downrange, insert ammo, and fire it a few times. I'll never repeat that test, but it sounds fun to watch from a safe distance.

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Fernando Valley, CA | Registered: January 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by caneau:
11.4x23 to be exact Wink

Dang lysdexia. Need to learn how to look at the keys and type.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the interest of being "free" or coming out of the Glock closet - I own one (a 2nd Gen G17). It's not my favorite in terms of looks or even type (I prefer the ability to de-cock as an example), but try as I might, telling myself it's not as pretty as my H&K or Sigs, etc. etc., I've never been able to talk myself into selling it. It goes bang every time, is dead simple to use and work on, and I know even if I'm mean to it others have done far worse to them than I can even imagine to and they still work....

Are more Glocks on my "list" - not really..Would I buy another if I could come up with a reason, probably..

Seemingly always between a rock and a hard place...

Posts: 580 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it.....

No, I won't buy a Glock.

I bought TWO (G-26 and G-27).

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm aching for a 2nd 19 and a 34. I love my Glocks! I'll name my g19 Betty and her chubby sister 30sf shall be called Bertha.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
Okay... I have a confession to make. When I was younger, I had a Glock 23 that I liked so much, I named it "Alexis Machine". DOH! Any of you Stephen King fans will know where that name came from.

None of my current guns have names, but I do own a Glock 17 that I LOVE and I have a Glock 19 on lay-away. I'm a Glock fan and I'm not ashamed (although I'm a bit embarrassed about naming one of them Razz).

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
"This is my Glock, there are many like it, but THIS ONE IS MINE"

I'm free, free, free Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MarkTC01
posted Hide Post
I would love to, but after owning a G17, G19 and a G23 (at different times) I have come to the conclusion they are not for me. I just can not shoot them that good. It is a shame because they are good weapons, easy to work on, and reliable.

Posts: 287 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: July 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of frogger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
"This is my Glock, there are many like it, but THIS ONE IS MINE"

I'm free, free, free Wink

Too funny. This is hanging on the wall in my office as I type this.

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of M-Forgery
posted Hide Post
Pistols have come and gone in my little collection, but Glock is the one pistol that seems to always remain.

"The Hun is either at your throat or at your feet".
Winston Churchill

Posts: 377 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Glock 27 about 10 years ago... wasn't a happy love affair and I sold the bitch... Smile

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Grab yourself a Sig, it's the best I've ever seen! Throw away that Glock, they're not all that keen!

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Have Camera - Will Travel
Wire Gonzo, Far Bombay
posted Hide Post
I've owned several, never kept one. I was young. I was confused. I wanted to experiment a little. Rebel against the establishment. But I felt so dirty and ashamed.
Gonzo

Sometimes good people have to do bad things to bad people to prevent bad people from doing bad things to good people.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.-Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 3093 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 23, wow, it works!

Add Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel. It gives my Glock 34 with KKM Target barrel a run for its money in spite of the 34's trigger job.

Still like my 226 and 229 SAS gen 1 though. But if push came to shove, I would have some very hard decisions to make about which would be the last one to go!

Posts: 65 | Location: Norfolk, VA | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post