SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
What guns make up the Gen 5? Just had a "Oh shit!" moment looking at the Gen 5 G19. The grip angle seems to be less steep. Am I right in that the Gen 5s have a smooth trigger face? What else have they done to the Gen 5s?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitronize:
I am currently using a P229 which I love but

Or would a G33 in .357 Sig be better?

When we were issued the 22 a bunch of us had to 27. No issues. When we switched to the 31 all we did was buy 33 barrels and made our 27s 357sigs. I'd get the 33 so you can dabble in 357 and have 357 on the slide. You can always get a .40 barrel later to use your .40 ammo.

David: everytime I see your name, I think my LT should know this. lol.
The main thing with gen5 with the ambi mag release and that the locking lug setup has been changed on the 17 model. It's the 19 locking setup so you can use the 17 barrel in the 19 unlike previous gens. No humps on the grip.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8018 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I had a nice post typed and again, pushed some damn thing on my phone and it went away.. Frown Perhaps another time.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the reply Chowser. I had intended on a new H&K or Glock on the lower price scale. Only ever had 1 Glock, a G21. Wouldn't mind another but SF model. Alas, I got 4 new tires for my van. More important just now.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
It'd take a 27 over a 33. I'd probably get a 26 over a 33. I don't see any real advantage with 357SIG over 9mm +P. At least .40 starts bigger and ends bigger also.

I'd also be looking at the M&Ps. An M&P subcompact in .40 may be just what you're looking for.

quote:
Originally posted by Nitronize:
I am currently using a P229 which I love but really need something a lot lighter for on the trail. I am thinking a G27 might work well enough even with the loss of muzzle energy going from 3.9" down to 3.43".

Anyone have any experience with this combo? All in .40 S&W of course...

Or would a G33 in .357 Sig be better?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Hell, Hornady has downloaded their .357SIG Critical Duty to the 1250fps range under the excuse, “If it passes the FBI Protocol, why add the extra recoil?” They also forgot to answer that if it passed at 9mm+P speed, why shell out for .357SIG?

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Brought home a G19 gen5 FS today. A bit rare here in California.

Trigger break seems a bit softer than my Gen 3 and 4. Hopefully take it out shooting next week.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A couple weeks ago, Brownell's had a sale on their replacement barrels in 9mm for the G23. The price was right, so I picked up one of those, a captured 9mm recoil spring/guide, three OD Glock 19 magazines and some "9mm" Hyve Technologies replacement base plates. Now I've got the barrel and spring system installed, and magazines that certainly won't be mistaken for those used with .40 S&W ammo. Once I can get out of quarantine, I'm really looking forward to testing out the system which (as far as cycling is concerned) seems to be "good to go"!

Yup, G23 conversions work great. Done it once before myself; while it was living as a 9, never experience any problems. However I converted it back to 40 because that G23 is one of my backups to my primary G23 EDC. Plus I already have a BUNCH of G19s. But as a 9 it operated flawlessly.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
G26.5 has replaced the G26.3 for carry. Loving the Gen 5s.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a 43X, girlfriend took it away from me, I guess it is her gun now.

I'll have to get my own.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Made the mistake of picking up my new Glock 19 gen 4 last night. While I own others it stills feels awful good in the hand. Hard to beat a Glock. Guess I’m gonna have to bite the bullet an get a gen 5 to go with my 3 & 4.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
I finally got to pick up My Mullet Glock yesterday. The G19x is everything I want in a full size(ish) pistol. The trigger is notably better than my Gen 4 G17.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has a low threshold
for bullshit
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
You're right. I did. How many years ago did you post this?

Posts: 1687 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Eleven years and change, G.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Eleven years and change, G.

Ehhhh just a fad, plastic/striker fired. Surely will come and go. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a range day with a buddy and he had a 43 and a 30 which I tried both. I was surprised at how well I did with the 30 so since I have been mulling around the idea of a 10mm for a woods gun, I am getting a 29. This will be my first Glock...

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have never owned a 29 but have shot them. I was shocked at how docile they were to shoot even with fairly warm ammo.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Just started DROS on my G20SF yesterday, shipped straight from Glock in Georgia from a GSSF certificate.

It did appear to be test fired, so I'm not sure why there is no rear sight...

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2444 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Yes I will buy a Glock..
Just ordered a Glock 42 to give me more options (adding to Glock 19 and Glock 26)

Will report back when I've run it through it's paces...

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about a G40...

Thread almost to 500 pages, and on a SIG forum no less!

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post