SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, eventually, da Glock gits ya.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did...again. This time a G30SF for carry use and to complement my bedside G21SF.

Colonel, USAF (Ret)
NRA Life Member

Posts: 100 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GT4point6
posted Hide Post
What are the good forums for Glocks?

Kevin, USN (Ret)

Posts: 412 | Location: Ramona, Ca | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT4point6:

The big Glock forum is GlockTalk. But like AR15.com, you'll have to wade through a large amount of juvenile bullshit to get to the gems of good information.

Right here at SigForum is probably your best bet. There are plenty of knowledgeable Glock owners and Glock armorers here who should be able to handle anything you can throw at them.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT4point6:

I usually lurk in the GlockTalk forums.

There's also Glock.pro forums and GlockForum.com.

NRA Life Member

Dan Wesson CBOB 1911
Remington 1911 Government R1
Glock 43 BFG w/ICE Claw night sights
Glock 19 Gen 5
Colt LE6920CMP-OD bullet button removed
Mossberg 500 20g 18.5
Mossberg 590 Shockwave 20g
Mossberg 500 12g 20
Mossberg 930 HD 18.5

Posts: 352 | Location: Near Northtown, Nevada | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
your right ... I broke down for a model 20

But only cause sig doesn't make a 10mm!

Posts: 64 | Registered: February 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, Bruce won this one in a match last year (it just showed up today) but I guess it counts as "bought" for the price of the entry fees. Since he just won another GSSF match and has a second coming he has generously given this one to me to use as my new duty gun.
Its nice to have great friends Wink

Now I need sights, maybe a Rocket...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Rln_21, when I open your post that girl fills my entire screen with her wiggling behind...It's as if she jumped out of the computer into my lap...

Mind you, I'll be seriously pissed if you ever resize your avatar... Smile

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I still like the Glock 19 best.
Goldylocks and the three bears... good "Just Right".
If I'm honest with myself its' prob the best CCW for me.
While I own others,the G19
could easily be the only handgun I'd own.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RANGER20,

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have turned much, much further to the dark side now. New Safariland ALS holster on order. By the end of the month I will have a G32 RTF on my duty belt. Switching from a S&W 4563TSW which I will miss, but I will still be well armred.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
My new acquisition is a Gen4 G19, with a test date of 4/17/13, and a prefix of UWC.

I tried to make it jam, firing off hand only, with a bad stance, loose wrist and UMC ball. Couldn't. Even if the brass was only dribbling out of the ejection port, the gun still ran.

With assorted duty ammo (standard, +P, and +P+) its function was stellar, with all of the brass being ejected to between 3 and 4 o'clock, and four to six feet away.

It hasn't shown a real preference for bullet weight yet, but I should mention that the UMC was the only load that made the piece sluggish. I used up some American Eagle 147 grain ball, and it functioned identically to the duty ammo. In mentioning carry loads, it loved +P Gold Dot, putting four out of five into one hole at ten meters.

For purposes of disclosure, I should mention that I also took out the wife's Ruger SR9c, repeated the process (weak hand and all) and it ate everything, with more vigorous ejection than the G19.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 617 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
Love my Glocks!!! Been carrying a G19 for many years and just acquired 2 10mm,a G20 and a 29.I think that is my new favorite caliber.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GT4point6
posted Hide Post

Posts: 412 | Location: Ramona, Ca | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terrasonic05
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Seadog:
Love my Glocks!!! Been carrying a G19 for many years and just acquired 2 10mm,a G20 and a 29.I think that is my new favorite caliber.

I'm with you Seadog. To go with our G19, I picked up a G20 as soon as they came out, both gen 4's. I love 10mm as well!

Posts: 230 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, after having a Gen4 23 and 27 on order (GSSF) for almost 3 months my LGS called that the 23 is finally in! First Gen4, can only hope/expect that it will be as good as my Gen3s!

-----------------------------
NRA Certified Instructor, Glock Certified Armorer - http://firearms.fortreg.com

Posts: 2174 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
I'd have to agree, regarding your last sentence.
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
I still like the Glock 19 best.
Goldylocks and the three bears... good "Just Right".
If I'm honest with myself its' prob the best CCW for me.
While I own others,the G19
could easily be the only handgun I'd own.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camprunner:
The topic should read some day you will own an S&W M&P.

I own both and many Glock guys as well as many Police are switching to the M&P

From March 2009, I know. I've been hearing about some Glock quality problems lately on GT. Are agencies switching to the M&P over Glocks? I love my Gen3 G26 and during yesterday's range session I may have convinced myself to get another Glock instead of a 1911, Sig, or any other. My G26 feels most natural in my hand and I shoot it better than my P229 and Colt Defender.
I'm thinking maybe a G4G19 and maybe even a 10mm.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just added two more to my collection!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
Originally posted by Camprunner:
The topic should read some day you will own an S&W M&P.

I own both and many Glock guys as well as many Police are switching to the M&P

From March 2009, I know. I've been hearing about some Glock quality problems lately on GT. Are agencies switching to the M&P over Glocks? I love my Gen3 G26 and during yesterday's range session I may have convinced myself to get another Glock instead of a 1911, Sig, or any other. My G26 feels most natural in my hand and I shoot it better than my P229 and Colt Defender.
I'm thinking maybe a G4G19 and maybe even a 10mm.

I've never been able to warm up to the S&W M&P..
I've never bought or shot one, but I've handled them at the LGS and gun shows.
They just didn't do it for me.

As far as agencies go, I know Dallas PD and Texas DOT still issue Sigs.
I've never seen a cop carrying an M&P.
And yes I do always look to see what they are carrying.. Roll Eyes

I've owned 6 Glocks, all either Gen 2 or Gen 3.
Never had a reliability problem out of any of them.
They have all shot and ran any ammo I've run thru them.
Only sold some because they didn't fit my needs...

I've owned Sigs, HKs, Kimber, SA EMP, Dan Wesson, S&Ws, Berettas, and a few others over the last several years..
But all I have left are 5 Glocks, my beloved WG 9mm P226, Kahr CW9, and Ruger LCP.
Although I'd love to try out an HK P2000sk.. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post