SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I have a G19 and a G43. Can't imagine a better carry gun than the G43 due to its size and weight.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Haven't bought a gun this year (yet), but traded into some Glorps.

G42 and G30S for some SIG P320s. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Anybody have a 17L or 24? I keep thinking about one, but will I shoot one better than my 34? My G40 doesn't seem that much more accurate than my G20. Does look pretty cool though!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought a G35. It was that damn thread about putting a .357 Sig barrel in one. Now I want one, and now my wife will find out,and tomorrow I'll be hanging upside down from a fence somewhere in the Arizona sun. At least I'll have a project G35 when I'm done, though.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The 30s is probably the best carry .45 made, and there is no arguing about the wonderment of the G19. I had a G32 and it was a fantastic carry package. I always have a G43 in my pocket, and a G34 in my bedroom.

I love other pistols, but there is no giving up my Glocks.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I have a new lady in my life. First date I let something slip about a gun, then looked over and asked "You're not anti-gun or anything are you?"
She told me she had a Glock 19 and her dad had given her two of the "James bond guns" (a Walther PPK, and a PP), I mawkishly said "This could work".

Went shooting on the 4th, after I saw what she did to her target with her Glock I told her "You had me at Glock 19"

She liked my Ed Brown too.

What night sights do you think I should get her? I got her a Streamlight already.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup, bought a Glock, quite a few actually, but still no 9mm. Someday...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
What night sights do you think I should get her? I got her a Streamlight already.

As I understand it, yellow inserts mean "Friendship".
Pink inserts = love in a gentle, chaste manner.
Red inserts = intense, powerful feelings of love.
Orange = happiness and joy.
Green = wish for health, wellness, and good fortune.
Mixed(Green front sight, Yellow rear)= promise of adventure.
Wink Hope that helps and good luck. Wink

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I have a new lady in my life. First date I let something slip about a gun, then looked over and asked "You're not anti-gun or anything are you?"
She told me she had a Glock 19 and her dad had given her two of the "James bond guns" (a Walther PPK, and a PP), I mawkishly said "This could work".

Went shooting on the 4th, after I saw what she did to her target with her Glock I told her "You had me at Glock 19"

She liked my Ed Brown too.

I just put on some Ameriglo CAP sights on my gen2 19. I like them so far. It's the same profile of the factory IIRC, but with a big bright front sight and a horizontal bar on the rear to "stack the box" sight picture.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nismo,

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I also really like the CAPs. They make them with a thinner front sight version now also.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G23 2nd gen (I think) at a gun show this morning ... the frame is the same as my Gen2 G19.
Has 3-13 round mags and a 30 round stick and the loader ... a generic pistol box; he wanted 5 but I got it for $400 ... guy said he was selling it to help fund a Ruger Precision in 6.5 Creedmoore and the seller ddidn't want the Glock or wouldn't allow him enough.

Seemed like a good deal, a little finish wear on the barrel, otherwise very minty (condition, not color Wink)
Is there anything I should look for / be aware of ?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm no Glock expert, but I think there was an upgrade to increase chamber support of the case head somewhere in Gen 2. If I'm right, check if yours has the upgrade.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a recommendation for a appendix tuckable rig with an APL attached? I've found plenty of non tuckable versions but most don't offer a tuckable option.

My company has a no firearms policy however considering the current climate and other factors I'm beginning to move towards carrying while working just need a deep concealment rig. The 43 in the GCode eclipse will suffice but also want an option for the 19.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
I'm no Glock expert, but I think there was an upgrade to increase chamber support of the case head somewhere in Gen 2. If I'm right, check if yours has the upgrade.

How do I check to see if mine has the upgrade? Is there a serial number range that I can check somewhere ... if so I haven't found it.

I've searched on line and haven't found anything about an upgrade ... and a lot of people are asking if they should worry about their gen 3 and gen4 (only to be told no, it was fixed along time ago)

I shot 2 mags of Winchester White-Box and inspected the brass, all seemed to be fine and while all would still fit in the chamber, some were a bit tighter than others, but not excessively tight. A bit of the case head is visible on the bottom, and from pictures I've found while searching, this appears to be what the "not fully supported" is is referring to.

Also, a lot of people that are asking are also reloading, which of course is a no-no according to every manufacturer that I know of.

I hate to sound like a newbie ... but to this gun I am ...
I'll only be shooting factory ammo and while I have a few boxes of hollow points, I mostly bought flat-nose WWB; what I consider practice ammo ... I don't have any that is marketed as zombie or self-defense or maximum load.

posted Hide Post
Call Glock, ask them. If there was an upgrade, they should know by your serial number if it's been done.

Using factory ammo, though, I wouldn't worry about it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The extractors are different in that they don't have the loaded chamber indicator and a different angle. Also, the ejector will be coated black, ( as well as the trigger bar) and not bare metal,like on newer models. I had one a little while back and had a Glock armorer order the parts for me as buying them on your own can get pricey. There are numerous parts that are needed to be replaced for the upgrade, but the barrels are not one. Some people have had luck calling Glock and then were shipped the parts but others, like myself, had to go through a Glock armorer.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
The 'black' parts of one of my Gen 2 G21s.

Gen 2 G21 'black' parts vs. an upgraded Gen 2 G17.

As patw stated, the barrel isn't part of this upgrade..

I've owned and ran Gen 2 Glocks in 9mm, 40, 45, and even a Gen 1 G17, all with original parts without issue.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
The 'black' parts of one of my Gen 2 G21s.

Thank you and all that responded! All my internals are bright steel, so whatever upgrade there was it looks like mine has it. It'll make a fine console gun in the SUV.

I shot it the other day and as expected it's a bit snappier than my G19 but I shot it well enough to make 10 of 13 head shots from 15 yards from the first mag and 12 of 13 from the second ... I've got a bunch of styrofoam heads a renter left at my property, they were free and make great targets I may have to buy some then their shot up!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Question

Have: Gen 1 Glock 35 in .40 cal.

Want: to drop it down to 9mm so my wife and sons can handle it a little bit better.

From my research, I found several posts stating that all that's required is a G19 barrel and magazine. Is that really all it takes?

Seems like there would be more to it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The ejector mechanism is differant on the .40 vs the 9mm, so if not changed, I think that there would be ejection problems.

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post