SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
Got a black 43x recently, got a Gen 5 19 coming and I’m gonna grab the first .22 long rifle variant I see after 1/20.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Got my Brownells slide, looks great. Ordered the OEM slide completion kit from Midway, ended up with an extra firing pin sleeve and only half of the spring cup. What a buzz kill. Still waiting on my Holosun, so not like I'm ready to go anyway.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSauerP226,

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a black G48 and began training with it. After replacing the stock sights with Trijicon H3’s, it’s a great shooting, feeling pistol. I wear XL gloves and the thinner but longer longitudinal grip feels good.

FWIW, the robust, one-piece striker, heavy firing pin safety mechanism, and drop safety design appear to be a lot simpler and tougher in their execution than my P320.

Nice pistol so far (250 rounds).

Posts: 24 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TrailWalker:
I recently purchased a black G48 and began training with it. After replacing the stock sights with Trijicon H3’s, it’s a great shooting, feeling pistol. I wear XL gloves and the thinner but longer longitudinal grip feels good.

FWIW, the robust, one-piece striker, heavy firing pin safety mechanism, and drop safety design appear to be a lot simpler and tougher in their execution than my P320.

Nice pistol so far (250 rounds).[/QUOTE

Put a rubber Talon Grip on mine. Try it, you’ll like it.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will NOT buy another Glock. Nope, I won't. Really. I'm going to stick to my 228 and a few CZs. Yup. But if I could think of one good reason to own a 17 sized frame with a 19 sized slide...

I can quit any time I want.

Seriously. I can.

Posts: 686 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done did it today
Bought a g34gen4 MOS with a Trijicon SRO.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AITG:
I will NOT buy another Glock. Nope, I won't. Really. I'm going to stick to my 228 and a few CZs. Yup. But if I could think of one good reason to own a 17 sized frame with a 19 sized slide...

I can quit any time I want.

Seriously. I can.

You'll be buying a Glock 45 before the end of 2020.
Maybe as November 3rd celebration gift to yourself..

That is 19+1 with the OEM +2 for an even 20 rounds..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A dealer at a gun show today had a 17M. I looked it overly quickly, and it seemed fantastic (even more so than my Gen 5 MOS 17 for some reason). Was so tempting, but about two hours later I snagged another revolver at an LGS. The Bureau made a good selection.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
All Done, Brownells slide, Holosun 507c, TruGlo tritium suppressor sights.

image sharing sites

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah I'm thinking another G45 and a Gen 5 G19 without the grip cutout are in my future this year.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Have a G19 gen4 on the way... I've owned G26 (my favorite carry pistol) and G41... G30 also, but for some odd reason, this will be my first G19.
Going to mount a Tlr-7a and use for nightstand duty

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I've been on a kind of Glock trip lately. Not really sure how that happened?

I had a spare P365. Buddy told me he had a Gen 3 Glock 17 in good shape. Figured a 17 will turn quick here since a lot of Departments here allow personally owned weapons for duty carry. Showed up to the house with this. Gen 3 RTF Fish gill Glock. Box, two original mags, loader, paperwork and shell casing sealed. Excellent shape. After a little bit of research, I'm going to hang onto this one.

Really wasn't crazy about my Legion SAO. Just not a safety guy. Listed it locally and got offer up these two. Glock 19X unfired, Glock 48 unfired as well. Both with factory Glock night sights, all accessories even had the receipts. I had about 850 in the Legion so this was a no brainier. Figured I would turn both and make a nice profit or get me something else. Both are growing on me. The 48 I've defiantly decided to keep. Ordered a new trigger and looking for some S15 mags now. The baby poop 19x fills amazing in the hands. I'd rather have a Glock 45 MOS, but who knows.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I bought a new G41 long slide 45 ACP. It's a big one.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah I'm thinking another G45 and a Gen 5 G19 without the grip cutout are in my future this year.

As soon as I escape Washington, I'll be picking up one of each.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

As soon as I escape Washington, I'll be picking up one of each.

The G19 has always been just a hair too small to feel really good and secure in my hands. When I held the G45 without any finger grooves and that short slide everything suddenly clicked and it was the first Glock that I would dare to call "ergonomic".
My example I currently own suffers from a poor trigger but I like it enough that I've ordered some parts to fix it. Probably won't displace my M&P's as my preferred striker pistols but I don't mind owning both platforms.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, I hear ya. I've got big, fat mitts and the G19 is my compromise. The Gen 1 17 I have is about the perfect pistol for my hands. I can get a good enough grip on it, but it's right at the limit. But like you say, when I first handled a G45, it totally clicked. I'll admit I thought the concept was silly at first, but once I got it in hand, I "got it."

The Gen 5 19, I gotta get just because. I've owned one of every other generation of 19, except for the Unicorn-rare Gen 1, and I've got a whole pile of 15rd mags. So, it just makes sense. Big Grin

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Same here with the 15 round mags. Must have over 20 of them. Luckily I have a Gen 3 G19 that I've stippled and modded to pretty much Gen 5 specs so I have that area covered.
Bonus points that they use the same holsters. Cool

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Bought a G48 today. Looked at a 43X but I just seemed to click with the 48. Looking forward to hitting the range ASAP.

ETA
Got out to the range and put 275 rounds of 9 different types of ammo including mixed mags - shoots great, better than I thought it might. No issues. I bought the black version with standard sights and have Ameriglos on the way. Two thumbs up so far.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bob RI,

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Picked up a G19 Gen4 today (from a forum member). Already mounted a Tlr-7a (from a forum member). Sitting in a Raven OWB made to fit with the light mounted.

Carrying a G26 IWB (in a TT Gunleather, bought from a forum member, ha!)

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a G44 to add to the current G20, G19g3, G19g4, G26g5, and G42(current for sale/trade in classifieds) stable.

First shots through G44 are great. Hitting pie plates easily at 15yds. Really like that the size/feel matches the G19. I'm probably going to risk putting on a set of TruGlo's.

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post