SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
I, also, do not have a Glock.

Smile

Why...aren't you precious! Hang in there, your life will turn around soon... Razz

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
I just wanna know where you guys are finding all this lovely stuff in stock. We're all out around here... :-(

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:

I can't hadment flinkiering thuds whaaz lesterdicks glosks bad

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
One of us

One of us

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twistedstang
posted Hide Post
A friend stopped by with his G27 and we ran a few mags through it. First Glock I've ever touched let alone shoot. I didn't hate it......

Posts: 108 | Location: Port Huron MI | Registered: March 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you'd like to see some brochures? A tour of the bath house?

Picture of Sig-2012
posted Hide Post
Don't consider yourself turned off by one particular model of Glock. I held a 26 / 27 and did NOT like the feel at all. However, I tried a 19 and it was awesome. The baby glocks just don't do it for me feel wise, but the compact models rock. Give multiple models a chance. You just might find one you really really like.

--------------------------
Yep!

Posts: 137 | Location: "The Big Easy", or "The Crescent City", or the more pedestrian "New Orleans, LA" | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
A Glock is like a hard on. Everybody will have one before they die.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"A Glock is like a hard on. Everybody will have one before they die."

I just about peed I was laughing so hard at that line.............just too funny, and also too true. It took me ten years to succumb, but the nine (9) I have now have been keepers, and, get used and carried a lot. I've had more, but in the end stay w/ the 9's & 10's. I keep my 229 for my .40.

c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobalt402:
"A Glock is like a hard on. Everybody will have one before they die."

I just about peed I was laughing so hard at that line.

Dont get out much do you?

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I can say with a clear conscience that I haven't bought (another) one...simply because we haven't been able to GET them. Did get to fondle (and replace the sights on) a G30S that a customer picked up from elsewhere; me likey.

What sights did you install on it soggy?
I'm trying to decide for my G30S..

He went with Meprolights, which he picked up from another dealer. After I got them mounted I thought they provided a decently good sight picture in daylight conditions, though they aren't anything close to what a set of Triji HDs give an operator. Regardless, I wasn't very impressed with the manufacture quality of the front piece, though. The insert post on the Mep was not tightly sized for the standard slot in the 30S's slide and consequently allowed for a fair bit of twist; no such problem with the plastic factory sight I just removed; in fact if anything the hole seem on the small, too tight side when I was popping the factory sight off. Something of a PITA to get the Mep sight fairly parallel to the slide sides and still get it cinched down tightly at the same time. Good thing someone invented thread lock. Dunno if it was just this particular sight that was a bit off-sized during manufacturer, or endemic of the breed. First time I've ever installed Meps on a Glock. Never had any similar problems when installing the fronts of Trijicon, Ameriglo, Heinie or Tru-Glo on other Glocks, whether customers or my own.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
I can say with a clear conscience that I haven't bought (another) one...simply because we haven't been able to GET them. Did get to fondle (and replace the sights on) a G30S that a customer picked up from elsewhere; me likey.

What sights did you install on it soggy?
I'm trying to decide for my G30S..

He went with Meprolights, which he picked up from another dealer. After I got them mounted I thought they provided a decently good sight picture in daylight conditions, though they aren't anything close to what a set of Triji HDs give an operator. Regardless, I wasn't very impressed with the manufacture quality of the front piece, though. The insert post on the Mep was not tightly sized for the standard slot in the 30S's slide and consequently allowed for a fair bit of twist; no such problem with the plastic factory sight I just removed; in fact if anything the hole seem on the small, too tight side when I was popping the factory sight off. Something of a PITA to get the Mep sight fairly parallel to the slide sides and still get it cinched down tightly at the same time. Good thing someone invented thread lock. Dunno if it was just this particular sight that was a bit off-sized during manufacturer, or endemic of the breed. First time I've ever installed Meps on a Glock. Never had any similar problems when installing the fronts of Trijicon, Ameriglo, Heinie or Tru-Glo on other Glocks, whether customers or my own.

Thanks for the detailed update..
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with Ameriglo Caps or the Trijicon HDs.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Comp Tac IWB for my G33, now all I need are some night sights and it's ready for carry. Comp Tac should be in late next week.

I'm going to go with Mep's or Trijicon's.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose the title of this thread is true. I just bought a G19 Gen4 NIB. It ain't no SP2022 or P229 or M11A1 but it is a nice piece.
Also have a G22 Gen3 but I got that one a year or so ago so it doesn't count. The thread title is 'you will buy a Glock' not 'you did buy a Glock'.

Posts: 88 | Registered: March 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Niceman:
I suppose the title of this thread is true. I just bought a G19 Gen4 NIB. It ain't no SP2022 or P229 or M11A1 but it is a nice piece.
Also have a G22 Gen3 but I got that one a year or so ago so it doesn't count. The thread title is 'you will buy a Glock' not 'you did buy a Glock'.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Being that this thread was started March 18, 2009, I'd say they both count.

You bought a Glock, and you did buy another Glock too... Wink
Does that make you bi-Glocklar.. Confused

I've got 4 so I'm not sure what that makes me.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Being that this thread was started March 18, 2009, I'd say they both count.

You bought a Glock, and you did buy another Glock too... Wink
Does that make you bi-Glocklar.. Confused

I've got 4 so I'm not sure what that makes me.. Roll Eyes

Well duh! Sometimes I feel like such a ding dong. Like when trying to participate in internet forum threads.

Posts: 88 | Registered: March 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Poor thing

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My G20 is Glocktasktic. Smile

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well as a former seller of all types of firearms, I couldn't stand the feel of a Glock. I have however never shot one. I can tell you that nothing will ever replace my P229. It is by far the most accurate gun I have ever shot and with the new E2 grips, SRT, and Short Trigger I think it will be even better. Some day I might try a Glock but I don't know.

Protecting our rights is everyones responsibility.

Benefactor Life Member of The NRA
Certified Rifle Instructor - NRA

Posts: 41 | Registered: February 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drgntkd:
I couldn't stand the feel of a Glock. Some day I might try a Glock but I don't know.

Closet Glockophile, eh? You really ought to get in touch with your Polymer side...It's liberating.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post