SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That had to be a fun one to explain to his CO. On the upside, the CO would likely believe him.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
As you've discovered through your research, leaving a gun in a hot car won't hurt it. But the same is not true of Kydex holsters; leaving them in a hot car can cause them to warp.

Photos of melted polymer pistols, like that Glock, are usually a result of a house fire. One exception is the infamous photos of the French police officer's Sig SP2022. The story is that for some reason, he put in a 400 degree oven to dry off, and then got a phone call and forgot about it for 20 minutes.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why do I have to be Mr. Pink?
Picture of Jagman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgrdvm:
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:

Is that melted Glock really the result of a hot car ??
I ask because I leave my Styer in the car often when I can not carry it, and I kinda like it, and would hate to have it turn into a puddle. Yikes !

Big Grin

Serious question?

Posts: 3734 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: March 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jagman:

Serious question?

I doubt it, but if it is, I'm starting to think whoever said "there's no such thing as a stupid question" is wrong. Big Grin

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post

The real question, though, is, "Did it still operate?" I almost suspect it would because Glocks are so reliable! Wink Big Grin

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Win Forever
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

The story is that for some reason, he put in a 400 degree oven to dry off, and then got a phone call and forgot about it for 20 minutes.

I think you are correct and I vaguely remember reading about it awhile back. If I recall the story… the owner used a lubricating product that was supposed to penetrate the metal when the handgun reached “operating temperature”. So to simulate that temp, he heated it up in the oven. I do know from using various gun lubes that Militec 1 suggests applying then firing or using a hair dryer.

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I get more pleasure out of opening the box of a new Glock for the first time than just about any other gun.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fear No Beer
Picture of K9346
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking I need to add either a Gen4 21 or a Gen3 21sf to the stable.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Back in Ok, finally | Registered: September 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A G19 or G23 keep calling to me.

Posts: 104 | Registered: February 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my eye on a G19

Sigs, Glocks and a couple others

Posts: 202 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any sig/glockers know where I can find a dealer that has the Vickers Elite Battlesight rear sight for Glock's "in stock"? I've looked for a while at all of my usual haunts and everyone has it backordered. I'm looking for the plain black, serrated.

tks, c4

Posts: 614 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After many years of owning mostly Glocks and 1911s..... I have made a switch. The Glocks are getting sold off and I've realized better platforms are out there. Mainly the P320 and FN FNS.

Posts: 261 | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You bought a Glock. Prophecy fulfilled. Beyond that, we don't care.

Posts: 107517 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1MeanLT1:
After many years of owning mostly Glocks and 1911s..... I have made a switch. The Glocks are getting sold off and I've realized better platforms are out there. Mainly the P320 and FN FNS.

So what makes the FN FNS a better platform than Glock? Just curious.

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:
quote:

Roll Eyes

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Better overall build quality, ergos, trigger, mags, and especially.... sights. Only thing the Glock edges out the FNS that is important to me, is bore axis.

Posts: 261 | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Wow so the P 320 has already gained status of platform? The FN's too? I was thinking the ol' fashion 1911 is a gun platform and even it could have been improved upon.. Cool

I want one of these soooo bad.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Better overall build quality, ergos, trigger, mags, and especially.... sights. Only thing the Glock edges out the FNS that is important to me, is bore axis.

LOL Big Grin

Ergonomics, maybe. The rest? Roll Eyes

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I resisted Glocks for a long, long time. My dad and a couple of buddies I shoot with have been using them for over 25 years. The grip angle always bothered me a bit and I wasn't used to the trigger.

A couple of years back I bought a Gen 4 G19 on a whim. It took me a long time to bond with the Glock, but now I am sold. I really shoot the 19 well and its a perfect truck and carry gun. I might get a 17 now to go with it.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
See what I mean about this thread being flypaper?

Congratulations, LT. You made the list, man.

Posts: 107517 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's my way or the Highway
Picture of piedrarc
posted Hide Post
Glocks rock my socks off and the bore axis is so low it actually recoils the wrong way.

Razz

Semper Fidelis

RIP 17843

Operation Specific Training

Bang, bang, Click

Posts: 4911 | Location: surrounded by liberals. | Registered: September 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post