SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, that's what you need if you aren't buying new mags, but for anyone buying new the G19X 19rd mags from Brownells are the best way to go for the $$$.

I found this is the best way to install them after my first two were a huge PITA.

After putting the insert in, hold it flush while sliding the baseplate on with a Glock tool pushed through the hole - use the tool to keep the insert flush until the baseplate is on, then slowly remove the tool to lower it into place.

Thanks RHINOWSO...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rlbuzz:

Thanks for that clarification. I have been more into Sigs the last few years and do usually shoot with their combat sight picture which does include covering the target with the front sight...

You're welcome! My own preference is for Number 1, called the "6 O'clock Hold", and all my adjustable-sight guns are set for that. I don't understand why anybody would consciously choose to design fixed sights to obscure the POI.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yeah, it seemed a bridge too far. Hopefully they ditch the half moon on the Gen 5 and all of us who haven’t got one yet because of it won’t have an excuse anymore, lol.

If you are talking about the half moon at the front of the grip, the new Gen 5 G19s don't have it, at least my brand new G19 Gen 5 MOS doesn't have it. The G45 doesn't have it and I have been told that the G17 Gen5 my department is getting will not have it. I think the half moon grip is referred to as the FBI Glock now.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Yeah, it seemed a bridge too far. Hopefully they ditch the half moon on the Gen 5 and all of us who haven’t got one yet because of it won’t have an excuse anymore, lol.

If you are talking about the half moon at the front of the grip, the new Gen 5 G19s don't have it, at least my brand new G19 Gen 5 MOS doesn't have it. The G45 doesn't have it and I have been told that the G17 Gen5 my department is getting will not have it. I think the half moon grip is referred to as the FBI Glock now.
Right now, for civie sales only the Gen 5 G17/G19 MOS models and G45 are sold without the cutout.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Damn,

It's been 3 days I've been Glockless and I thought I would be happier, but I'm not. I picked up another P365 with an October B-day and have put it through my carry regiment. A coworker wanted my Glock 43 package more than I did and I caved. That was 3 days ago, and now I really miss the hell out of that weapon......

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shouldnt have done it rock. Between wife I and we have the german sig 225, sig 365(6/18) , glock 43, hk vp9sk, and (walther ppq 22lr( the fun gun to shoot all day), all well used , comfortable, no upgrades, and always go bang!

Posts: 41 | Location: Spencerport, New York | Registered: June 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the half moon cut out on my gen 5 19, which at first didn't really bother me but I do notice it slightly. The trigger pull out of the box is amazing compared to prior generations.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a good deal on a Gen3 19 today at my LGS. Very lightly used, came with the Glock bag (no box), 2 mags, and they installed a set of Ameriglo agents I had for free, all for $380. So now I have a 42, 43, 19 gen3, 19 gen5, 34, and because I had to, a 40. Every time I think I am going to thin the heard, I end up getting another one.

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Glock bag"?

Must be a new thing with the kids.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! It's just one of those single pistol glock range bags that they sometimes give away with a pistol purchase at Glock Demo days.

Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Glock-G...ords=glock+range+bag

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Glock bag: just the typical merchandising that gun makers do...and what others may or may not license to do. Glock gave me a Glock-embroidered backpack a couple of years ago along with the usual promotional swag the rep drops off every 12 months or so. Like I really wanna advertise that I just might be carrying...nice bull's-eye on the back, that. And in FDE no less. Kinda like the black hoodie with the HUGE Glock logo on its back that I got several years ago; can you say, "first to die"?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree! I won't use it for those exact reasons.

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Anyone here carry a G29SF daily? I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick one up by next year.
Why? I don't know, but I want a 10mm Glock.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Couple of months ago, I was thinking my first Glock would be the 19, but now I'm basically shopping for a 26. It wAs a fun little gun to shoot at the range yesterday. Didn't even mind the pinky curled under. With capacity limited to 10, I figure it's a no brainier. Guess I gotta go find a 26 with NS on Black Friday on sale somewhere...and mags...and 9mm ammo...and holster(s). Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 29Gen4 that I carry from time to time...feels similar to a g19. But awesomer!

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Couple of months ago, I was thinking my first Glock would be the 19, but now I'm basically shopping for a 26. It wAs a fun little gun to shoot at the range yesterday. Didn't even mind the pinky curled under. With capacity limited to 10, I figure it's a no brainier. Guess I gotta go find a 26 with NS on Black Friday on sale somewhere...and mags...and 9mm ammo...and holster(s). Big Grin

The 26 is what I carry 98% of the time. It will always be my top pick.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:

The 26 is what I carry 98% of the time. It will always be my top pick.

Seems like it should be a good one. It's so light and small...compared to my 239 in .40. It was pretty accurate too at least for me. Only tried it out to 10 yards, but it was good. Not sure I'd even want to go much smaller if I could, so I think it'll be a great choice.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
G29SF is a good woods carry. Used it backpacking with a shoulder holster so it was always accessible. Have night sights on it and they glowed in the one-man tent so I always knew where it was during darkness. Loaded with underwood I felt I had all I needed.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a G29SF, and while it's fun to shoot, it's for concealed carry. For back country type stuff a bigger pistol makes more sense to me. The G20, or ideally the G40. The G40, to me, is a great back country pistol.

For personal carry, the G32 is a little less bulky and the same size as a G19. .357 Sig has enough zip.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I have a G29SF, and while it's fun to shoot, it's for concealed carry. For back country type stuff a bigger pistol makes more sense to me. The G20, or ideally the G40. The G40, to me, is a great back country pistol.

For personal carry, the G32 is a little less bulky and the same size as a G19. .357 Sig has enough zip.

This is my edc as well. G32 with Underwood/Gold Dot 124's. Been carrying this set-up for several years now, and I really like it.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post