SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I’m working out a trade for a Glock 41 because of this thread.

Posts: 34 | Registered: June 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G44 will be the first glock that I am going to buy.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was totally deflated when the G44 was announced. I had my heart set on a single stack 10mm. Now, the more I see videos of the G44, and consider the fact i don't own a .22, I am really warming to revise of adding the 44 to my collection. Looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
When I came here 11+ years ago I owned more Sigs than Glocks. Now I own more Glocks than Sigs.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
When I came here 11+ years ago I owned more Sigs than Glocks. Now I own more Glocks than Sigs.

I came here 11 1/2 years ago and I've done the same.
Only Sigs I own are my WG P228 and P226 safe queens to be given to my kids.
I own several Glocks that are shot and carried... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:

/Raises hand.

Yup, me too. In fact, I owned no Glocks, and now own no SIG pistols and have owned twice as many Glocks as I ever owned of SIGs.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a PD trade-in Glock 22 a number of years ago and was not impressed. It shot fine and never had any issues, but just wasn’t comfortable to me so I gave it to my dad. I said I wouldn’t buy another Glock, but then I ended up with a 43 put hyve +3 and +4 extensions on it and I enjoy that gun. This was prior to the 43x and 48 release, but with the extensions it’s basically the same as 43x so I don’t see the purpose of buying the exact same thing I already have.. and I will probably end up with a 44 just because

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
I have been watching this thread grow for a long time and need to add my comment: HELL NO, I WILL NOT BUY A GLOCK!!

Yup, you're getting one.

I suggest a G19 Gen4 or one of the new Gen5s based on personal preference.

But, oh yeah... You're getting one.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I sit here debating on getting a G17M from a friend of mine who is a FFL and can cut me a great deal. Or just wait for a G47 so I can try a RMR. I have a Gen 2 and Gen 3 G17 already. My late Father HATED Glocks. More so the 40 S&W round. The Sheriff's Department he and I worked for had the Glock file. He along with all the other department Firearm instructors would add to it on AD and ND other Cops had with Glocks to show how unsafe it was. If my Dad was still around today I think he would be pissed I carried not one but two different Glocks as duty guns later on. I too use to hate them. People change.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:Or just wait for a G47 so I can try a RMR.

G47? What am I missing here?

“The Glock 47 incorporates a full-size slide with a G45 frame. Tactical Life confirmed that the G47 has the same barrel length of a Glock 17. However, a G17 slide will not fit on the G47. The new pistol is also compatible with G19X, G17, G34 and G45 magazines.”

A G17 length slide on a G45 frame, using G17 length magazines. Why not just issue them a Gen 5 G17 and be done with it?

https://www.tactical-life.com/...ook-glock-47-pistol/

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
quote:
I have been watching this thread grow for a long time and need to add my comment: HELL NO, I WILL NOT BUY A GLOCK!!

Yup, you're getting one.

I suggest a G19 Gen4 or one of the new Gen5s based on personal preference.

But, oh yeah... You're getting one.

Yeah, oh yeah he is ... he just doesn't know it yet!

Eventually he'll wonder what all the fuss is about, and when he doesn't think anyone is looking he'll get one with a Christmas bonus or someone will make him an offer he can't refuse Wink

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
And for saying "they all have (pig snout)"...

Checked my model 22s. One is a Gen 2 and the other is a Gen 3. Neither one has the issue being described.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
No one gives a shit. It's asinine that you tell us that you've been watching this thread and then say that you "need" to come in here and tell us something that no one cares about. Grow up.

You were right:
FLY
PAPER

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
G47? What am I missing here?

Modulator options. If I want a G45 I can get the slide and it will work. I can also use a RMR or not. I am sure the CBP is thinking this way too.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Anyone have experience with the Brownells RMR slides?

I decided to grab a Holosun 507c, Brownells RMR slide, and OEM Glock slide completion kit for my 26 (all 3 bought at different vendors ha). I figure I can use the barrel in both, and keep my factory slide as is, and have two different options.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
Almost 300 pages ago I popped in and...tongue in cheek, posted the following:

"Well, I guess it's time I enter this thread to point out I have no need what-so-ever to buy a Glock Razz.

My current 17/19/26/34/17L/36/30/21/22/23/27/35/24/29/20/31/32/33 and Robarized 22 Eek should be able to handle pretty much whatever comes up WinkCoolBig Grin"

Well, apparently NOT Eek. Sooooo, I've since added the following...without any subtractions BTW Wink: 41/40MOS/43/43X...and to SSP226 question directly my latest; what started out as a decision to add a Brownell's G34 (Gen 3) RMR slide to run on my existing '98 Gen 3 G34. While poking around for an OEM upper parts kit I kept running into other stuff. One thing led to another and pretty soon I'd ordered a new complete OEM G17 frame, OEM G34 lower parts, an OEM G34 take-off barrel and the OEM slide parts kit. Following an internal polish I assembled the parts and now have a new complete "G34" mounting a Trijicon Type 2 RMR (3.25moa).

The Brownell's G34 Gen 3 RMR SS slide is very cleanly machined, perfectly finished...black nitride, everything fit together perfectly and it functions...with dummies, as expected. I have nothing but good to say about the Brownell's slide.

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
That's a shit ton of Glocks Eek
Glad to head the Brownells slide is working. I was hoping it'd work out with OEM parts, may end up just buying another OEM barrel as well and have 2 complete uppers. Then staving off the trigger bug. Trying to keep it mostly stock...

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Jesus dude you just nullified all the “I just came here to say I will NEVER own a Glock posts”

I want to mock you.
I want to make fun because I don’t think Glock is ALL THAT.
I want to but all I can muster is.......

Golfers clap.....well done sir. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
not quite a glock, but just picked up a Polymer80 PF940CL Compact Longslide whatever that is. $75 from Midway. I guess that means I will be buying a gen 3slide and various other parts sometime in the future. why....

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post