SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 47Straight:
I don't believe you.
...and then you say:
quote:
I've tried 3 times to buy a Glock. Every time I've left the store with the Pistol I was comparing it to.
You, sir, are a latent glockosexual. Here's a couple of passes to the bath house.
quote:
The one time I bought one was the G43 and I went in without a comparison.
Oh, I spoke too soon. There's no latency, but you are in denial.

You have, in fact, bought a Glock and it's only a matter of time before you give yourself over fully.

You know what they say- bipistolality is just a stopover on the way to Glockville.

Posts: 107505 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's true what Para is teaching. Should I pick up another Glock, its name will be Katarina. Perhaps three years ago, I didn't own one. Then I got three last year to go with two earlier ones.
And you will find you have a favorite; more and more when I'm making a choice to carry, it's the G23, Gen 4.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have bought many Glocks, but I have not named any of them

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you're halfway there.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
And it will work even you have load your G21 with the dirtiest powder on the planet (IF things get that bad)...this says a lot Cool...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/KfzQ4uKvE7c

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It happened again. I bought a second G34.
I am having the slide cut for the Delta Point pro and it is going to be a fun gun.
I will try it at the next steel match at the club.

Posts: 403 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
Been following this thread since before I joined way back in 09.

I fought it and fought it, but had to bite off a 21sf last week. The price was just too good.

I’ve paid less for some of my SIGs, HKs, and CZs, But I actually like those and won’t feel even a second of remorse when I throw this GLOCK in the truck and forget about it.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep, gonna catch up with you eventually.

Say, the tenth anniversary of this thread is coming up early next year. Big Grin

Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen4 26 and a Gen4 32.

I call them both helmet! But don't tell them.

That way, they both think I love them equally.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barry1967,

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
You can run on for a long time, run on for a long time, run on for a long time... Sooner or later Glock'll make you buy.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Buy a Glock? Many times.

Leave it stock? I. Just... C-can't . Can not do it... . ... . . ..

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ That should be the next thread - You will customize your Glock. Everyone does sooner or later.

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
^^^^ That should be the next thread - You will customize your Glock. Everyone does sooner or later.

Done.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
no ... I bought my Glock to be a hammer. To be the AK47 of the pistol world. (although I do like SiG's and CZ's too.)

You start fucking with them and they are no longer a hammer. Look at what it did to the 1911. Took an absolutely reliable 45, tightened it up, bling it out and what do you have. A shiny semi-reliable paperweight.

Yeah, my name is kimberkid and I'm guilty too.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well after putting it off for the last 15 years or so I finally bought my first Glock. Picked up a model 19 Gen 3 from a guy in a pinch so he
let it go so cheap $425.00 bucks and no tax I just couldn't pass it up. Came with 4 magazines total and night sights and was so lightly used it almost looked new. Tried many 40 S&W models and never warmed up to them but after trying a Glock 19 last year was very impressed for what it could do at the price point they cost.

Want to get a Glock 26 but without the pierce grip extenders even my small hands hang off the grip which I didn't like so it's future purchase down the line.

Question for all you Glock guys I'm a big fan of John WIck 2 and the Taran Tactical Glock 34 they did. But is it worth the price of 600 for the gun and over 2,000 for all the labor and upgrades? Money isn't a problem but that is a lot of cash for something that I can't exactly handle or shoot before hand. If it's fun to shoot that's great but does it have a place besides a range toy or can it double as a night stand gun?

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfens:

Question for all you Glock guys I'm a big fan of John WIck 2 and the Taran Tactical Glock 34 they did. But is it worth the price of 600 for the gun and over 2,000 for all the labor and upgrades?

No. Absolutely not necessary. Or helpful.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by dfens:

Question for all you Glock guys I'm a big fan of John WIck 2 and the Taran Tactical Glock 34 they did. But is it worth the price of 600 for the gun and over 2,000 for all the labor and upgrades?

No. Absolutely not necessary. Or helpful.

But it sure does look cool! Cool

A while back, I did a thread on a ZevTech Glock G-19. (Sorry, can't find it...) The long and short of it is, Zev makes a damn fine pistol. Nice, crisp trigger, the fiber-optic sight was super sharp, I liked the coated barrel & internal parts. Fantastic stippling job, scalloped mag release and trigger guard reduction. Accurate as hell, and reliable.

To me, the price point just isn't worth it. I can't justify spending $500-$600 on a Glock, sending it off and a couple thousand dollars later... Don't get me wrong, it's a GREAT GUN, but I can't justify the $.

There's some great companies out there that can stipple, scallop and do a reduction job for a good price and quality. (Polymer Refined comes to mind) Toss in a Haley Strategic trigger ($150) and a good set of sights (another $100-$150) you're way under what a custom company charges.

Even doing the $.50 trigger job and sights helps.

However... It's been my experience, that the more crazy modifications one does to a Glock, the more that goes wrong.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought a Gen 4 Glock 19 a few years back. I can shoot tight little groups, they just group left of POA. Shooting left has always been a problem with Glock 19/23s. I recently decided to buy a Gen 5 G17, and installed a set of Heinie sights like I use on many of my other handguns. Can’t say that it’s the sights or the G17, but I love this gun. Trigger out of the box was on par with my G19 3.5 ghost trigger. I was able to run this gun fast and everything grouped at POA. I will absolutely be picking up a G34 w/ MOS cut in the future. I am also starting to think about a G43. One thing I have always liked about the Glock trigger is the ability to run them quickly.

Posts: 2951 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Checking into this thread from time to time has always made me curious. Finally shot my first Glock today. Shot a 19 and did pretty well with it for a first timer and considering I have rarely gotten out to shoot the last couple years. Grip angle didn't bother me, and the trigger felt pretty nice, as well. I actually shot it better than my 239 in .40, but not as well as my 220 carry (also first time out after sitting on it for over a little over 3 years and I loved that thing! Thanks Fredward!). I've been kicking around the idea of grabbing a 19 or 26. Thinking the 19 would be a great all around gun (HD and CC), and even better if/hopefully when I leave CA. Then I can have 15 round mags Smile. Reason I started thinking about the 26 is obviously smaller and same 10 round max in CA. Just thinking it may be too small. The 19 felt great, and am kicking myself for not renting the 26, but I can next time I suppose. They just don't have the pinky extension mags, which I would think is pretty much necessary for the 26. Seems the 19 is an extremely popular choice and I really liked it, so thinking hard about going that way and joining the "dark side." May end up dumping the 239, and grabbing the 19. Like the 239 just fine, but like the stable to be small. Have a 226, that if it weren't my first gun, I'd probably dump, too. Keep thinking compact 9mm for carry and .45 for HD. Could probably carry the 220 comfortably as well... Anywho, definitely liking Glock!

ETA: Only thing I didn't love about the 19 was the mag release, but seems there is a mag release extension that's pretty popular upgrade.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigSauerP226 yeah the only thing I'll probably do to my newly acquired Glock 19 is installing a extended magazine release really have to change my grip to drop a magazine.

Maybe the extended slide release as well, but when the gun is broken in on the rental I originally tried was perfectly fine stock.

I always wanted a Glock 26 since I don't have a sub compact in my collection but with my small hands couldn't grip it without my fingers hanging off the grip. Concealed you can just try to live with it but I would only shoot it with the pinky extension.

But I got the model 19 first since it was such a deal and when a deal comes up again for a 26 I'll pick up one too.

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post