SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The G26 without the finger grove........... DAYUM SON!
That made a world of difference in how secure it feels in my hand. I really need a pinky extension when I shoot the Gen 4 but I get a better grip with only two fingers on the Gen 5. It's be my next purchase.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by birddog1:
I’m considering picking up a gen4 Glock 21. I keep trying to talk myself out of it.

Get one!
I have a gen 3 G-21 as my duty gun. I love that thing! One of the softer shooting .45's out there.

You won't regret buying it.

This place costs me so much money, I just ordered a new gen4 Glock 21. $499 plus $7.99 shipping. Cheapest I found around here was $530 plus tax so a pretty good deal.

I feel your pain.
I'm in the hole about $2000. And that's just this thread alone!
2 G-17's a -17RTF, another G-19, then the stippling job, holsters, magazines...

My wife is is looking at a G-42 or G-43... Of course, I can't get just one for her.
So more holsters & magazines....

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
So has anyone here played with Polymer80 kit?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...orum_scope=430601935

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
I resisted the urge.
Just on Thursday.

Handled the G43 and the P938.

Bought that P938.

... it's only a matter of ... time.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Years ago I wrote a poem in this thread, I can't find it now.

Anyway I am carrying a G23 daily and sometimes my G43.

I love them both.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Yes. Yes I will buy a Glock.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
So, you sons of bitches.... Mad

You said the 19X is awesome.
You said the 19X feels great in the hand.
You said the 19X trigger is superior.
You said the 19X looks SO much better than in the pictures.

I said, "I will buy one when the come in black".

BUT, I went to the gun show today not intending to buy ANYTHING.
I saw one, it looked great.
I held one, it felt great, a full grip with no finger grooves.
I said I disliked the Gen 4 grip texture, don't even notice that with the 19X.
Told myself if I could find one for $600 TT&L out the door, I'd buy one.
Prices ranged from $555 to $750.
Paid $601 w/tax with a check that has been in my wallet for 2 years.
Paying by check kept me the cash price.

Here it is, I love it.
Bought an extra short mag for it as well.

With the M tailless back strap it fits my hand perfectly.
I'll probably pull the lanyard ring.

Yes I bought another Glock..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yup, the 19X does feel pretty sweet in hand. We have two in the shop right now and it's been tough sledding trying to keep my 'no-buy' streak going.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...orum_scope=430601935

So pretty much: No.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bought and built a G17 and G19 Polymer 80.
They work well.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just added a Gen 4 19 with factory titanium slide to the stable. Going to run it in a class in 2 weeks. Let the dry firing begin.

Posts: 133 | Location: Westfield, IN | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I do hate to admit it...The Gen5 is one of the best pistols to hit the market in years.

Being issued this, led to the purchase of that.

And I have a third 17 that is being sent off to have cut for an RMR.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
My gen5 19 is the best striker pistol (and best Glock) I’ve owned. I plan to get a gen5 17 at some point.

I never warmed to the compact gen3/4s due to the finger grooves which seem to fit smaller hands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striker1,

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yup, the 19X does feel pretty sweet in hand. We have two in the shop right now and it's been tough sledding trying to keep my 'no-buy' streak going.

All I have to say is Thank God they haven't done a 19X MOS. Not even Baby Poo Brown could keep me from buying one.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
What do people think about the magwell pinky cutout on the G19 Gen 5? Only thing I don’t like about it.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan, but the 19 falls right at JUST too small for my hands. I have to use XGrip extensions, and I really want to try it for my Timberwolf frame to see if they'll work. I have a modified 17 with the cutout and it doesn't bother me at all.

Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
As for the Gen 5 magwell pinky cutout my first impression is why is it necessary?

Because the G19 is tight for my hands, I carry a G17 Gen 4 and I just picked up a G19X because the balance is great and it has the extended frontstrap and NO cutout.

I'll take another look at the Gen 5 - and the cutout - when the G20 and G21 are released, or even a G17. The Gen 5 features of no finger grooves, better trigger, and slide nose relief are enticing.

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 806 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PennSig:
As for the Gen 5 magwell pinky cutout my first impression is why is it necessary?

My guess is to assist in pulling out a stuck or sticky magazine was probably a milspec or leo spec somewhere.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by PennSig:

My guess is to assist in pulling out a stuck or sticky magazine was probably a milspec or leo spec somewhere.

That is the intention. However, has anyone ever had any issues with factory Glock mags not dropping freely like butter? I fondled a Glock 19 Gen 5 and it felt great except for my pinky going into the cutout. I guess there’s always mag plugs that will fill it. It just seems like a needless modification. I like everything else about the Gen 5 though.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post