SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I've had my G32 for a little over 3 years now. Quickly became my carry pistol as I felt less guilty about it being sweat on, rained on, being bumped into things, etc. My two Sigs (P245 and a non-rail P229) aren't made anymore so I didn't like carrying them so much. It has been totally reliable even using the Storm Lake 9mm barrel for range time. Brass always ejects but it is inconsistent- sometimes it hits me in the forehead, others it lands in my shirt pocket or my shoulder. Non issue when shooting 357 Sig but given the cost I don't use that at the range too often.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
I've had my G32 for a little over 3 years now. Quickly became my carry pistol as I felt less guilty about it being sweat on, rained on, being bumped into things, etc. My two Sigs (P245 and a non-rail P229) aren't made anymore so I didn't like carrying them so much. It has been totally reliable even using the Storm Lake 9mm barrel for range time. Brass always ejects but it is inconsistent- sometimes it hits me in the forehead, others it lands in my shirt pocket or my shoulder. Non issue when shooting 357 Sig but given the cost I don't use that at the range too often.

Possibility the best combo for defensive CCW made. I sure love my G32

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:

Possibility the best combo for defensive CCW made. I sure love my G32

Now that I've shot .357SIG some through my P229, I do believe that a .357SIG barrel is a must for my G23s. This is one hell of a caliber.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Do the problems that Glock owners have been having since the release of the Gen 4 (which seem to also effect the new production Gen 3 guns) chnage the basic premise of this thread. Have the problems made it so that having a Glock in your collection is not a must have any more?
There are more than 4 million Glocks in the world. I have several and they don't bean me with brass. This is because the overwhelming majority of Glocks produced do not exhibit the symptoms of the recent issue.

Why in the world would a problem affecting a small fraction of a percent of of the Glocks in the world suddenly make it a pariah? And by the way, these Glocks pelting shooters with brass- they still function. The bullet comes out the barrel and eventually strikes something.

So, the answer to your question is no.

Impulse buy yesterday. 300 rounds down range with zero issues. I think that is my ninth Gen4 Glock with no issues.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Good to hear, especially with the 23. If I was getting a Glock that would likely be the one.

The web does have the effect of being an echo chamber for problems. I'm hoping it's just amplifying the volume for what is a small % of problems.

Are you carrying your Gen 4s?

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Do the problems that Glock owners have been having since the release of the Gen 4 (which seem to also effect the new production Gen 3 guns) chnage the basic premise of this thread. Have the problems made it so that having a Glock in your collection is not a must have any more?
There are more than 4 million Glocks in the world. I have several and they don't bean me with brass. This is because the overwhelming majority of Glocks produced do not exhibit the symptoms of the recent issue.

Why in the world would a problem affecting a small fraction of a percent of of the Glocks in the world suddenly make it a pariah? And by the way, these Glocks pelting shooters with brass- they still function. The bullet comes out the barrel and eventually strikes something.

So, the answer to your question is no.

Impulse buy yesterday. 300 rounds down range with zero issues. I think that is my ninth Gen4 Glock with no issues.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have sold off all of my Gen3's but two. And both have sentimental value to me. I think the Gen4 is superior in every way.

As to the echo chamber, I agree. I have quit taking part in any conversation about current Glock problems. People seem to be too emotionally vested in the problem for logic to enter in. If you come into a thread and state "I know there are guns out there that are problematic, but I think the rates of occurrence are few and far between" people that have problems all of sudden go on the war path because they think they are being called a liar, or that somehow their problems are being minimized. When in fact, it is not at all the case. But actual experience standing on the range isn't mimicking the internet. Far too many people are basing what they have "heard" or read on XYZ blog as sound fact with little experience.

Fact of the matter is that the number of Glocks I see in a years time, it is pretty rare. But there is a problem with some guns, without question.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The issue is then that perception becomes reality. People here the talk on the web, and decide that shouldn't take the chance.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

I have sold off all of my Gen3's but two. And both have sentimental value to me. I think the Gen4 is superior in every way.

As to the echo chamber, I agree. I have quit taking part in any conversation about current Glock problems. People seem to be too emotionally vested in the problem for logic to enter in. If you come into a thread and state "I know there are guns out there that are problematic, but I think the rates of occurrence are few and far between" people that have problems all of sudden go on the war path because they think they are being called a liar, or that somehow their problems are being minimized. When in fact, it is not at all the case. But actual experience standing on the range isn't mimicking the internet. Far too many people are basing what they have "heard" or read on XYZ blog as sound fact with little experience.

Fact of the matter is that the number of Glocks I see in a years time, it is pretty rare. But there is a problem with some guns, without question.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I really need to stay out of this thread. Once I swore i would never own a Glock and now I own 2. A 2nd gen G19 and a Gen 3 21sf.Love them both.

Now im longing for a G17.....surely 3 Glocks will be enough?

Right?

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More Human
Than Human
Picture of Ian111
posted Hide Post
jljones,

The Gen4's you've seen "without issue", have they mostly been .40's, 9mm, or both about equally?

“The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.”― Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 9811 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adirondack Mtn Guy, The One Stop Shop
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
I just helped my GF buy a Gen4 Glock 22. We spent the day looking, shooting (Sigs, Glocks, Springfields, Ruger (revolver), etc.), more looking, fondling guns, more shooting (back and forth between Glocks and Sigs), finally, she settled on the 22, bought it, then started wanting a 23...

She likes me Sigs, she wants one, but between the price and the ability to modify stuff with a Glock, she was sold.

She will buy more guns, she's a converted liberal, hehe, by me! ;-) Glocks are her "precious." lol

Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
NRA Certified Instructor
Defensive Shooting Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!
And another one on top, Feb 14, 2012!

Challenge my Brute! http://mac.mybrute.com

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian111:
jljones,

The Gen4's you've seen "without issue", have they mostly been .40's, 9mm, or both about equally?

I see a lot of .40s in police circles, but those in classes are almost all 9mm.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
Just traded for a NIB (gulp) Gen4 G19 in FDE. I'm sure it'll run fine (yup, that must be the reason why my fingers are crossed).

If not, at least it'll look like next-of-kin next to my FDE G23, which does run flawlessly.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark228
posted Hide Post
love my glock 26 ultra reliable

Posts: 184 | Location: miami | Registered: May 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
I was tempted to buy a Glock, but bought an FNS 9 instead. My first striker fired pistol.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Redfish Fan
posted Hide Post
I handled a 4th gen 19 the other day at the local cop shop. The finger grooves definitely fit me a bit better than the 3rd gen 19.

But I might just get a 4th gen 34 or 17 instead.....

Ken

Posts: 3652 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: December 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para for the subliminal messages.

I just picked-up my 2nd Glock 19.
My 1st one is a G19 gen2, and my 2nd one is a gen3 with night sights to add to my collection.

Almost tempted to buy another one.
Dlcchp

Posts: 1306 | Location: Nor-cal | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlcchp:
Thanks Para for the subliminal messages.
Uh, them's more whatcha call...liminal messages. No sub to 'em. Wink

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig-2012
posted Hide Post
I suppose this thread is a right of passage in this forum, so here goes:

I have no love for the shape of glocks, as I think they're hideous. However, showing your sidearm to a BG and having him cower in fear because it's ugly is NOT the way to use it. As such, I like the idea of a undeniably reliable pistol.

With that being said, I really like the idea of the G19. I've been looking for a subcompact, and I picked up and gripped a G26 and was very put off. That thing felt like a brick. But, I know not to expect the same subcompact feeling from a G19, and I hear from everyone how easy they are to carry. I expect I'll get a 19 at some point, but I'm in no hurry. I just can't get past the visual appeal, or lack, thereof, at this point. I'm sure I'll get used to it at some point, but I've got other weapons to lust after first.

Come on gunshow this weekend. I've got cash money burning a hole in my pocket!

--------------------------
Yep!

Posts: 137 | Location: "The Big Easy", or "The Crescent City", or the more pedestrian "New Orleans, LA" | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LSP552:
I handled a 4th gen 19 the other day at the local cop shop. The finger grooves definitely fit me a bit better than the 3rd gen 19.

But I might just get a 4th gen 34 or 17 instead.....

Ken

Are the finger grooves really shaped different on the Gen 4 than the Gen 3?
I traded my Gen 3 G19 off because of the grooves and I'm now searching for a Gen 2 G19..
No grooves seems to work better for me.. Cool

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No grooves seems to work better for me..

When it comes to Gen3 and 4, it's Pachmayr grip sleeves for me. Effectively neuters the finger grooves with an acceptable (for me) increase in girth. Their rubberized non-slip finish is a bonus.