SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Didn’t I just read somewhere Glocks were obsolete? Razz

All my Glocks are obsolete I don't have any 9mm's so since only the latest gen is 9mm all others are technically obsolete Big Grin

Same if you're Glock has no RMR cut or front slide serrations Wink

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Since the start of this thread I have had a lot of Glocks and still have four of them. Still want a 10mm again. Building a P80 G17 with a RMR right now. I really should get a G19 again...or build one.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
quote:
Didn’t I just read somewhere Glocks were obsolete? Razz

All my Glocks are obsolete. I don't have any 9mm's so since only the latest gen is 9mm all others are technically obsolete Big Grin

Same here, no 9mm. Guess I'll have to find one just to see what all the fuss is about. Confused

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Untold numbers of new Glock owners. The prophecy fulfilled.

Yup. This thread got me over ten years ago.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Page 500 and I'm on Glock #9.My latest is a Model 41.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Amazing how this could happen (500 pages long, 11 year old topic, related to Glock), on a SigForum site.

I think most gun owners will own at least one Glock in his collection. Years ago, I have a Gen2 Glock 17 and 19 (purchased NOS) and a Gen3 of the same pistols. I ended up selling all of them for cheap. I just did not warm up to them.

When Gen5 Glocks came out, I got interested with them, once again. Something felt different on the Gen5s.

First purchased the G45. Then G17 MOS, G19 MOS and lastly G26,

G17 - for nightstand
G19 - EDC/CCW
G26 - for hiking
G45 - still trying to figure out it's role. Just have to have one.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
NEVER & I mean NEVER will TUPPERWARE from any manufacturer be allowed on the premises or take up useful space in any of my safes.PERIOD.

Latent Glockosexual. I think a Glock 19 would suit you well.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
NEVER & I mean NEVER will TUPPERWARE from any manufacturer be allowed on the premises or take up useful space in any of my safes.PERIOD.

Latent Glockosexual. I think a Glock 19 would suit you well.

Or a Glock 26....just the tip. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never say never!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, yes, "never"

If you read through this massive thread, you would see how very many members have said the same thing (just as emphatically as you have), only to show up in the thread a year or two later saying that they've just purchased their third Glock.

Think I'm kidding? It's the truth. That stuff is all throughout this thread. Tell him, fellas.

So, in instances such as this, I always recommend a G19 as your first Glock. That's always a good place to start.

You'll be back here before too long, proudly showing us pics of your new Glock tattoo.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or a Glock 26....just the tip. Razz

Probably right since they are obsolete just like using the term “Tupperware” when referring to polymer guns. Razz

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so what is the over / under on when he gets one?
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any truth to a rumor of Gen 5 model 22s being on the ground in USA ready to go, but...?

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
See if my post lands on 500 or 501. Only ever had one so far. G 21 OD green. I will have others in the future. I like how they are all flat on top, flat on the sides and, flat on the back.. Big Grin

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
so what is the over / under on when he gets one?
Big Grin

I’ll put five on w/I the next year....and Para is right, start with the 19. Put some tritium sights on it and you are GTG.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
THE 10,000th REPLY TO THE THREAD

quote:
quote:
Oh, yes, "never"

If you read through this massive thread, you would see how very many members have said the same thing (just as emphatically as you have), only to show up in the thread a year or two later saying that they've just purchased their third Glock.

Think I'm kidding? It's the truth. That stuff is all throughout this thread. Tell him, fellas.

So, in instances such as this, I always recommend a G19 as your first Glock. That's always a good place to start.

You'll be back here before too long, proudly showing us pics of your new Glock tattoo.

I also thought I would never own a Glock too.

But it only took until a few years after my first SIG to get one.

In 2004 I think I got my Glock 32 which has been a treasured companion on everything from my backup when hog hunting(with FMJs) to also being a great carry gun.

My Glock 32 is a Gen 3 and it suffered a catastrophic failure after about 3500 rounds of .40/.357.

The locking block (think that's the name) that the recoil spring/guide rod comes back into broke free from the frame while shooting Winchester Ranger .40 S&W 165 grain JHP (pretty hot stuff IIRC)

The round that was fired exited the barrel.

I then noticed that the back of the slide was sitting beyond the back of the frame.

Fortunately, this happened at the range and not during some kind of defensive encounter.

It has made me always check my carry gun early for maintenance.

It didn't however make me think Glock's were junk.

The range immediately sent it to Glock and I swear it was back in better than perfect shape in a week, I think they at least changed every internal, maybe just an entirely new frame IDK.

The failure I attributed to using higher pressure duty ammo for training with .357SIG and .40 rounds.

I don't know if anyone else with a Glock likes or even knows what a Hip Clip is but I love them best non-holster/holster ever....

I had bought a G29 a few years ago but I wasn't too impressed with it which I had brought up recently, so I traded it....for a G30 ...the thing is I have read the slide's are slightly different and they have different extractors and I wanted another dedicated .45 ACP...

Something about Glock makes you just want to use them hard and put them away wet.

I would also agree not to put any Glock in a safe.

You'll need it as your nightstand gun Big Grin.

The safe is for your collections of Coins, Gold, Silver, old SIG's, star wars figurines etc.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only Glock I have is a G26 I bought in 2010. I recently discovered it had became obsolete so I visited my local gun store, The Kentucky Gun Company, to see what they had. My plan was to purchase a Gen 5 G19 but the only ones I saw in stock were the 22lr version and a used G17. I left without getting anything but there was a Cz p-01 that has been haunting me since. May just pick that up on the impulse and satisfy the itch until the Glock inventory returns to normal.

Posts: 337 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
The only Glock I have is a G26 I bought in 2010. I recently discovered it had became obsolete...
Yeah, it's been known to happen.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
The only Glock I have is a G26 I bought in 2010. I recently discovered it had became obsolete...
Yeah, it's been known to happen.

good time for a princess bride quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTRKCXC0JFg

Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Oh, yes, "never"

I said the same thing for many years. Nope, not me, never! No Plastic Eurotrash grip angle Glocks in my safe.

My employer just made the switch to Glock. I was issued, and qualified on my new gun. Surprise surprise, damn thing was a great!

I dropped by the local gun store that same day after work, and ordered a Glock 34 for my gun safe. It's a ugly little cuss, but it sure does shoot good.

A 19 and 42 will be ordered very soon.

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post