SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I have fired both Gen 4 and Gen 5. I prefer the Gen 4, plus I just can not get into the forward slide serrations. I do like the Gen 5 magazines with their orange followers.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Why the Gen 4? If you want 9mm, why not get the Gen 5?

quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
After all these years buying Glock 19 alternatives, I have relented and have ordered a Gen 4 Glock 19 with night sights.

I already own a G36 and a G43, so this will be my first regular, double stack Glock.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do like the Gen 5 magazines with their orange followers.

That is an easy fix.
I bought several of these and put them all my Generations of 9mm Glock mags.

Glockstore GEN 5 GLOCK MAGAZINE FOLLOWER

Shop around for the best price.. Big Grin

Brownells

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a Glock 34 MOS gen 5. I love it.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is an easy fix.

Just out of curiosity why? What do the bright colored followers really offer? If you run dry the slide will more then likely be locked back, if it’s not you will have to run the slide anyway on a “click”. Administratively most ammo is brass or Nickel or other fairly bright metal so you should be able to discern a round vs follower.

I AM NOT TROLLING so please don’t take it as so. I was wondering if there is some intrinsic value to a bright follower, especially to those who use firearms not as a hobby but as a day to day tool. I am a hobbiest at the core and although I don’t mind bright followers, I just don’t know what the practical benefit is.

Thanks
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know I'm late to this thread but OP is right, I've purchased at least a dozen Glocks over the years.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay. I will point out that with the Gen 5, you need to go out of your way to get the forward serrations. The basic (original) gen 5 doesn't have them. Only the MOS (optic ready) or the new FS models do.

I guess it comes down to finger grooves vs not.

quote:
I have fired both Gen 4 and Gen 5. I prefer the Gen 4, plus I just can not get into the forward slide serrations. I do like the Gen 5 magazines with their orange followers.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Why the Gen 4? If you want 9mm, why not get the Gen 5?

quote:
After all these years buying Glock 19 alternatives, I have relented and have ordered a Gen 4 Glock 19 with night sights.

I already own a G36 and a G43, so this will be my first regular, double stack Glock.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the orange follower because I find it very obvious when looking at witness holes on mag. The black follower doesn’t stand out the orange does. For me I can more quickly figure out rounds left in a spare mag. Not a big deal, wouldn’t pay more for it but there it is. CZ goes one better step forward. On their PO7/P10 mags it’s not orange so much as it’s a freakin bright fluorescent red/orange. Like that even better for same reasons. Unlike many I like forward serrations especially on optics guns but Glock does the ugly. I know, who cares, it’s a tool. I like aesthetically pleasing tools.

I am probably going to get a G40 in 10mm for pin matches.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
That is an easy fix.

Just out of curiosity why? What do the bright colored followers really offer? If you run dry the slide will more then likely be locked back, if it’s not you will have to run the slide anyway on a “click”. Administratively most ammo is brass or Nickel or other fairly bright metal so you should be able to discern a round vs follower.

I AM NOT TROLLING so please don’t take it as so. I was wondering if there is some intrinsic value to a bright follower, especially to those who use firearms not as a hobby but as a day to day tool. I am a hobbiest at the core and although I don’t mind bright followers, I just don’t know what the practical benefit is.

Thanks
Chris

For one thing, I'm a big Texas Longhorns fan so the orange is a good color for me.

But the main reason;
In a pile of empty Glock mags, in a range bag or whatever, I can easily see the ones with orange followers are 9mm.
From there I can size it up at a glance by witness holes or length and figure out if is for my 26, 19, 17.
I used to color in the caliber markers on the mags but not so much lately.

Or the OCD reason;
The G45 mags came with the orange followers, I wanted all my other 9mm mags to match.. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Fair enough. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I prefer the orange follower because I find it very obvious when looking at witness holes on mag. The black follower doesn’t stand out the orange does. For me I can more quickly figure out rounds left in a spare mag. Not a big deal, wouldn’t pay more for it but there it is. CZ goes one better step forward. On their PO7/P10 mags it’s not orange so much as it’s a freakin bright fluorescent red/orange. Like that even better for same reasons. Unlike many I like forward serrations especially on optics guns but Glock does the ugly. I know, who cares, it’s a tool. I like aesthetically pleasing tools.

I am probably going to get a G40 in 10mm for pin matches.

This. Exactly.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at a Glock 45 today. I liked the trigger, a big change. Thinking of the Glock MOS which was not in their inventory. I have not shot one with the Trijicon SRO as yet.
I noticed there were three sizes to choose from. What are your thoughts about the SRO? I have watched the Redrider video on this forum.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks of good information here for someone like me who is considering a Glock purchase and have never fired a Glock.
For years I have shied away from the purchase of a Glock because of the striker fire and not having a “safety” (I know this logic is flawed). About a month ago I picked up a Sig 320 M-17 and quickly felt comfortable with the trigger and I’m guessing that a Glock trigger will be even more awesome.

The G45 is at the top of my list right now.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger on a glock will never be as refined as the trigger on a P320/M17. Different types of triggers.

I think something like the P320 is easier to shoot consistently well than a Glock.

A lot of people like Glocks and carry them (myself included). Presently I'm shooting a P320 for fun, but carry a G32. More often, I'm carrying a P365 lately, and my favorite pocket pistol is still the G43.

You will buy a glock, and you will most likely buy more than one.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
As far as triggers go, the clicky triggers on th 43x/48 are my favorite stock Glock triggers yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
Love my Glocks, and they are in my EDC rotation, I prefer the Gen 5's over my Gen 4's, they just fit my needs better and perform better, but for some time now I find myself carrying my Sig P365's either the micro or the XL, they again fit my warm weather carry needs, but really fit any of my needs from a main carry gun to a back up, I can wear these 365's in an OWB, IWB, or belly band in total comfort, the extra 15 round mags are also easy to have as an extra, the belly band holster provides me with two slots for extra mags, and I don't even feel them there when carrying, so Glock or Sig, from large to small a guy can't go wrong....I my opinion...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, So I have bought 2 Glocks recently, but I prefer my P320 over my G19, and my P365 over my G43x. They are nice pistols, but so are my Walthers , Sigs, and FNs.

Posts: 7 | Registered: August 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

Happy 60th birthday to me.

G19 Gen 5 MOS.

Ordered a Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA to go with it.

What the hell, you only turn 60 once, right? Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ Exactly, my 60th birthday present to me (about two weeks later, but..) was a Gen 5 MOS G17.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Almost, but not since I discovered CZ's. The CZickness is more addictive than the SIGness.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found a lightly used (50 rounds)g45 for $450.00 and a NIB g19 Gen 5 for $499.00 and plan on sleeping on it and decision tomorrow. I will probably be happy with either.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post