SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Soooo Gen 5 .45’s??

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I just found a Gen 5 G34 MOS in stock at a reasonable price. So that is now my 4th gen 5 Glock and I gave my son my gen 4 G19.

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to hear more on the Gen 5s in the other legacy models, back on page 500 I was wondering about G22 Gen 5s....well, I guess the answer is wait just a wee bit longer for them. Smile

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
if the gen3/4 357 barrels fit the new gen5 .40 guns, I will buy one to test.
else, I guess I better go buy my twin gen4 32s this year for my blue label purchases.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
I just bought another G26 gen4, as it's my favorite carry gun... and no more Gen 4s will be produced... lube it up, tuck it in the back of the safe for spare.

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
At some point in your life, you will buy a Glock and secretly fall in love with it. You'll fondle it late at night and engage in the Love that Dares not Speak it's Name.

You'll build a special compartment for it in your bomb shelter. You'll give it a name - Francine or some stupid-ass thing like that.
But you'll never admit it. You'll live a closeted life and die a bitter old man.

It doesn't have to be like that, y'know. Just own up and be free.

Big Grin Big Grin

I dare to speak that love we do not name...Glock... I own several and it’s the main gun I use at work. This is a great thread...over 10 years.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I am also waiting for the Gen5 40 Glocks to come out. A Gen5 G35 would be sweet. I’ll add a KKM 357sig barrel for a great combo. (when offered)
Cool

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i picked up a glock once and the owner told me go ahead and dry fire ,, Was not impressed at all . It bothers me that i dont really" get it " with the glocks .. I think i will buy a surplus glock and see if i can change my own mind .. The reliability and simplicity thing with glocks is appealing ..Can aways sell or trade if it does not work out

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daveinbucksco:
.. The reliability and simplicity thing with glocks is appealing ..

Then you get it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree, 'You will buy a Glock'. But in my case I'd add, 'You will sell a Glock'.

I converted 9 of my Glocks into Sigs. I kept a G41.4 with an additional G21.4 upper. I like using the G21 as a test bed for 45 SUPER development.

I got tired of the Glock knuckle, trigger, grip angle, not so great case support and having to buy aftermarket barrels to shoot lead and avoid the 'Glock case bulge'. They are generally reliable for sure but so are other platforms.

I have fewer pistols now but I really enjoy looking at steel & wood vs plastic. Plastic pistols can be very effective but they don't 'speak' to me the way a 1911 or a P220 does.

Posts: 30 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, these days, most marriages end in divorce, so, that's no surprise. Nevertheless, the prophecy is fulfilled.

Hopefully, the settlement allowed you to retain your bore brush. Little is sadder than a man bereft of his tool err tools.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well after owning my Glock 19 for nearlly 2 years I can say it was well worth the price I paid and then some.

I'm now transitioning it to my bedside gun and have the misses primarily take over the VP-9 exclusively.

Just put a factory Glock extended mag release and slide release on it and what a world of difference. Makes it a whole new gun and it was so cheap and easy to install should have did it the day I bought it.

Now I want another Glock but with the whole Covid BS where I live the shelves are bare and on the used market any model Glock is 300 bucks or more over MSRP. Guess I'll have to wait it out since all the anti's are buying everything up.

Posts: 965 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently wanted a G44, but locally they can't order them in. Nothing.

I did change the connector in my G34 last night, and today it's like a completely different animal.

Really thinking about a Gen 5 G34 MOS...and just ordered a Red Hill Tactical holster for the G34 to set up a new belt. When the whole COVID thing dies down, I want to start running my G41 on steel night.

I'm holding out hope for a Gen 5 G32...

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Well, Para was right-

My first Glock was around 1992, a G21 .45. The trigger always felt like a 50’s cap gun. (Yes, I know you can change the trigger, sigh).
Anyway, I gave it to my brother. I looked at and shot Glocks over the years and still… meh.

About March timeframe I was looking at STI 2011s and a friend let me shoot his new G34 Gen 5 MOS. I was pleasantly surprised.

Supposedly over 35 things were changed on the Gen 5s. It does feel like a totally different platform. So I did it.

(Thanks to Glock and their Blue Label/Veteran Salute program)…

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well all this talk about glocks i had a chance to buy a police surplus g22 yesterday and took it right to the range .. Gun ran perfectly but my shooting was not that great I had fogged glasses Yea thats it i couldnt see straight LOL Hope to do better next time I did break it down and cleaned it Wow so very simple to do,,
I like simplicity

Posts: 52 | Location: pennsylvainia | Registered: July 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
I've been getting more range time with my new Gen 5 Glocks lately.

So, the feel of the grip on these gen5 guns is quite a bit different than the previous generations. I'm really liking it. I didn't use any of the add-on backstraps.

It feels a little smaller front-to-back. better contoured for my gorilla hands than the older ones. The magwell flare seems to help with the overall feel. Anyone else notice this? Or is it confirmation bias fooling me?

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, they took the 43, and upscaled it into both the 43X and 48. Now, if they would just do that same thing with the 36 !

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After having so many of these guns, I've come back around to the 21. I've pretty much owned all the common Glock models, plus a few oddballs like the 17L. I've avoided 45 GAP and 357 SIG. I periodically think about getting a Model 32, but then I handle the Model 21 and 30 and decide against it.

But, the Glock 48 has been a real game changer for me. It's so thin and with the Shield Arms 15 round magazine, the Glock 17 and 19 don't make sense in many ways. Of course, I had to get a 17.5 since I haven't had a 17 for a long time Smile

So there it is. Buy as many as you can, frequently, shoot them and dump them when you feel like it. Keep the high end 1911's for the grandkids.

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I own several Glocks, and have owned several more I don't have anymore. Of all the ones I have, this is my favorite. Glock 30 Gen 3 .45 ACP with XS Express Combat Sights and a G21 magazine with a X-Grip. With the X-Grip, it feels better in the hand than my G21. It points better. It feels like a commander style G21 with a better grip.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Just took possession of my new G17 Gen 5 MOS (with my previous G17 Gen 5).

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post