SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Some good news...
I got an email that the Shield Arms G43X S15 Black Oxide Finish mags I ordered and paid for almost 30 days ago have shipped.

Waiting for them to arrive to take my new 43X to the range.

Now to figure out which night sights I want....

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
This thread started right before I became a member of the SF and I’ve watched it thru the years thinking to myself: ‘won’t happen, I’m a Sigahaulic’.

Well, finally broke down and bought a Glock 26 from another SF member. Hope to take it out later today for a spin. I feel like I have so much to learn.....

I hear you. Joined after buying a 220. Wasn't really "I'll never buy", but really gung ho about SiG.

11 years after I joined up here, bought a Gen3 G30 as kind of a New Years Eve gift to myself.

Love that little thumper. And, to answer the question, her name is Gretl (The Sound of Music) Big Grin

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Last year I consolidated down to 9mm only. Cleaning out the gun stuff when we moved and I found a 30 cal ammo can with a crap ton of .40 and some .357 Sig.

Just brought home a Glock 23. Gonna have to get a Glock 32 barrel as well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I got my 43x and put some Trijicon Bright and Toughs on it. Polished the internals and put a Ghost connector in it too. Excellent CCW piece. I'll soon be selling my 19 fish gill to free up some space in the safe, if anyone is shopping.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I just bought a brand new Gen 5 G19 (with the front serrations) for $539 today.

I’ve been wanting one of these for a while and couldn’t believe the price when I saw it ... isn’t this lower than they’ve been going for?!

I can’t find any online (per usual) to compare against.

I’m pretty happy with the deal.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

I’ve been wanting one of these for a while and couldn’t believe the price when I saw it ... isn’t this lower than they’ve been going for?!

You got a good deal considering what most shops are charging for them now (if their distributors even have them). I've seen $650-$1,000 Eek on gunbroker.

I paid $600 for mine and thought I got a deal so you win.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

You got a good deal considering what most shops are charging for them now (if their distributors even have them). I've seen $650-$1,000 Eek on gunbroker.

I paid $600 for mine and thought I got a deal so you win.

Okay yea, thanks for the update. I thought the price was good!

I went in to pick up my new Zastava ZPAP92 AK47 pistol from my LGS today and of course just had to see the brand new shiny G19 under the glass too.

Today was a good day Big Grin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Copefree,

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Anyone have Ameriglo Trooper sights on a 42/43/43X/48?

Seems they are made for MOS Glocks and the rear sight is smaller, front to back.
Thinking about trying them on my 43X since they don't have the rear overhang of the Agent or Bold Ameriglos.

I've got the Ameriglo Pro Glo on my 43x (original PVD silver). Very similar sight, and I like them.
For me them and the Trjicon HDs with the bright outline on the front really helps pick up the sight in the day light, much like a fiber optic sight.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Anyone have Ameriglo Trooper sights on a 42/43/43X/48?

Seems they are made for MOS Glocks and the rear sight is smaller, front to back.
Thinking about trying them on my 43X since they don't have the rear overhang of the Agent or Bold Ameriglos.

I've got the Ameriglo Pro Glo on my 43x (original PVD silver). Very similar sight, and I like them.
For me them and the Trjicon HDs with the bright outline on the front really helps pick up the sight in the day light, much like a fiber optic sight.

Thank you..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess I need to add one to the thread (first time under my new screenname), and to bring Para's iconic thread back to Page 1:

The newbie is the G43X on the right. Thanks to my crappy organizational skills it's not front and center, but everyone by now knows what a 43X should look like anyways. Now I just need more mags, some grip tape like the 43 is wearing and for Glock to create an IRON set of the factory goalpost sights (which they likely won't). Oh well, Ameriglo hi-vis then...

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
The P80 Lipsey repro is looking way too tempting for me... I may have to snag one.

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is one of the great twists in my life. After years of gradually ditching .40 from my life I did a complete ammo review to find I have way more .40. And I'm now a full G5 fan. SO added to the stable is a new G5 .40 MOS to shoot some of it up. funny how it all goes full circle.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looked for a Gen 5 G22 last weekend...none to be seen.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a teal-colored G42 for my daughter, for Christmas. I couldn't get Trijicon sights in time, so put truglo sight on it, and added some spare magazines.

The trick will be finding ammunition, of course.

I'd have no desire to own a pistol of that color, but it may endear it more to my daughter, and encourage her to carry.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I bought a teal-colored G42 for my daughter, for Christmas. I couldn't get Trijicon sights in time, so put truglo sight on it, and added some spare magazines.

The trick will be finding ammunition, of course.

I'd have no desire to own a pistol of that color, but it may endear it more to my daughter, and encourage her to carry.

Guppy, if you need 380 acp ammo, look at Precision One.
https://precisiononeammunition...0gr-hpxtp-new-50rds/
Expensive but available in a personal defense round.
They also offer a FMJ truncated bullet load for practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WMMr5ANHlw

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Looked for a Gen 5 G22 last weekend...none to be seen.

Not easy to come across. We've had in the shop a solitary Gen5 G22 so far, and a single Gen5 G23. I was more impressed and wowed by the G22, but then I've gravitated to the full-size frame in Gen5 flavor than I have the more annoying-to-me backstrap palm swell of the compact Gen5s. A bit top-heavier than what I've been accustomed to with my Gen4 40s, but the G22 felt just right in-hand. Kinda want, even though I told myself that it's close to the time that I have to shrivel back to 9mm.

Getting older sucks. Frown

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^Same with my Gen 5 G17; it just felt right (no slight inferred against my Gen 4 models) so I'm considering the 22.

Win Forever
posted Hide Post
^^It has been awhile since I shot a .40, but I have been contemplating a G27 subcompact for awhile now. I love my 26, so it is on my list for the future. Hopefully we will see more supply soon.

Posts: 691 | Location: Charlottesville, VA & Seattle, WA | Registered: May 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
W., I tried a G27 several years ago, and a G26. A bit more snap, but found it easy controllable.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Last fall, I purchased this Gen 4 G22 in very good condition from a gun shop that also is a local police supplier. They had 15 G22's, luckily I picked through and found this solitary Gen 4 among some heavily used Gen3's.

Slight scratch on the magwell , probably from a seat beat buckle. Holster wear on the slide, but otherwise excellent condition.

Sent slide,extractor,slide lever to Club Custom Guns, treated in Ion Bond Satin black. Bought a 357 Sig G31 barrel on sale from Rock Slide, $109.
Also replaced the trigger due to trigger sting, added Traction Grip decal grips. Also installed a recoil reduction spring kit in it.

The night sights are OEM Glock, about 75%, but not very visible to my older eyes. To be replaced later.

Very pleased with my purchase, I probably have total with gun,barrel,Ion Bond, extra magazines, recoil spring kit, about $600. Have a holster coming in from Craft holsters next week.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post