SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Ho-Ho-Ho I have a G45 Glock too.....

Picked up before Thanksgiving,

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
The G43 is nice. I own one. My wife owns one.
However, it is a wee bit small and snappy. And a bit of a unicorn among Glock-kind.

For a real representative example of why Glock has become synonymous with "gun", try out a G19.
Love or hate that and you know how you feel about Glocks.

Bruce

My son-in-law has a Glock 19 (v4, I think). It's the only handgun he owns (he's a long gun guy). He loves it. Has a serious holster for it, too.

In his line of work, he has to go out into the wilds every year for a couple of weeks for "training." I think he wants guns he can rely on.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Will the Glock 45 fit Glock 19 holsters? Mine is an all kydex Ozark single clip IWB. Thanks for any advice.
I have several Bravo concealment and Detroit IWB holsters made for G19 Gen 4 with and without XC1/X300 lights.

The G45 fits them all with no difficulty.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Most will fit with no issues. I am having issues with duty holsters when using a WML. The 19X and 45 are a minute amount taller?? at the rail causing some fitment issues. The rail section is a little different on the 19X/45 and maybe gen5 guns.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post

Picked it up today, now just waiting for my Hogue grip sleeve and Peace ext. Big Grin

Already have Trijicon sights. Only other thing I'm considering doing anything to is the trigger, then I should be good to go.

Also, taking things apart to learn more about it, being my first Glock and all. Anything special to look out for or do?

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:

Picked it up today, now just waiting for my Hogue grip sleeve and Peace ext. Big Grin

Already have Trijicon sights. Only other thing I'm considering doing anything to is the trigger, then I should be good to go.

Also, taking things apart to learn more about it, being my first Glock and all. Anything special to look out for or do?

There isn't much to it.. Big Grin

A Glock tool is really all you need.

Since this is your first Glock, if you need a Glock tool email me your address.
I'll mail one of my 5 or 6 I have laying around.. Wink

I usually do a 25¢ trigger job to all my Glocks.
Several videos can be found on it..

I leave my triggers stock, unless it has a grooved trigger face.
I'll then replace it with an OEM Glock smooth faced trigger.
I'm a big fan of the Vickers mag release and slide stop.
Pics a few posts back in this thread...

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Stopped by my local shop yesterday for a small Christmas gift. Ended up taking a look at the 45 while there. Man that thing is sweet and is on my list. Honestly had me somewhat regretting milling my 19 as I can all but guarantee I would have bought it had I not done that recently. The 45 felt natural and all but perfect in hand.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
Snipped

Snipped

That detail strip looks fairly simple, not a ton of parts. It should be fun when I can set aside some more time without crazy kids running around haha. I was looking around the YouTubes at different videos. Guess I need a Glock tool for that, so I will take you up on that offer, very nice of you! E-mail inbound in 2.

As far as initial clean and lube, is a field strip good enough? Swab the bore and lube the rails? Want to go to the range as soon as possible haha.

I have been looking into the $.25 trigger polishing deal, and it seems like that will probably suit me. Don't think I need a $200 competition trigger or anything fancy. Seems like a lot of people recommend a Ghost 3.5lb trigger connector to go along with the $.25, so I might try that out. The grooved trigger itself feels okay to me, but we'll see after a couple hundred rounds in a session. The complaint I see about that kind of trigger is discomfort after shooting awhile.

I looked into extended mag release and slide stop. The release sure seems like it is needed. Releasing a magazine on the rentals was not great, and now playing with mine it is not great. I have to kind of maneuver my hand around the gun. The slide stop seems okay, but extended would be nice and it seems like the Vickers version gives you more to thumb, but not get in the way.

Also, didn't realize what the plastic magazine loader was I saw in pictures until I took it out and looked at it. That's kind of cool, especially since the magazines seem very stiff. I had a fun time trying to stuff the 10th round in the rental.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year!

New Glock day!

All gen4

34 Glock 31s
4 Glock 32s

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
SigSauerP226....you've got email inbound.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I went to the local gun store to just look around - something to do on my birthday. and I'd been looking at a Glock 20 lately, but they're all $700 or more used around here, whether they come "with extras" or not. So I was a bit surprised by this one in the case for $459.

I got it and some ammo for $500 out-the-door. Happy 30th Birthday to me.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
SigSauerP226....you've got email inbound.

Thanks again!

And another big thank you to 1lowlife!!!

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I will have my first gun of 2019 soon. Glock Gen 2 frame is on the way. Will have a Gen 2 Glock 17.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
I have my perfect Glock now - Glock 19 MOS Gen 5 frame with Glock 45 slide. PERFECT.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
I have my perfect Glock now - Glock 19 MOS Gen 5 frame with Glock 45 slide. PERFECT.

Please post a picture of that if you can. That sounds like a perfect setup.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Cruddy, but you asked for it! Big Grin

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:

Somewhere there is a gun God stomping his feet in excitement or anger. Not sure which Big Grin

I did the same swap with mine, but was too scared to post a picture

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I haven't bought another Glock yet, but I have ordered a TT Gunleather IWB Reinforced MKS with black Elephant accents, a set of Yellow Trijicon HD's and a Glock 43 slide stop lever from Vickers.

And pre-ordered a Glock 43X Eek

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:

That looks like my ideal Gen5!

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only glock I’ve ever owned was my pd issued G21.....hated that thing

"Dyin ain't much of a livin...boy"

Posts: 316 | Location: West (By GOD) Virginia | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post