SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
The G20 is about to bring me over to the dark side. I'm tired of lugging that Ruger Redhawk up in the mountains, so I may be going Glock.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Calculating Cooling
Capacity In Hell
Picture of sig239srt
posted Hide Post
I fully and respectfully say I will NEVER ever buy a Glock.

I’ve shot 4 different Glock just not my thing. Even though I do want to try my friends new G30sf

Posts: 2625 | Location: AZ | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00fxsts
posted Hide Post
NO!!-----------hate the trigger

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live! From Mom's Basement!!
It's SUNDAY!!!!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Growler67:
Unless they are made to fit better in my hands and feel comfortable, I don't think so........EVAR.

Like holding a block of wood. And they're butt ugly. I've considered buying one just so I can say

1. YES I own a Glock. I keep the hideous thing in the safe where it belongs.
2. NO you may not touch it
2. NO you may not shoot it
3. NO I will not sell it to you

Big Grin

Posts: 41 | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

(not mine)

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at the Glock 30SF, some say it is the best gun Glock produces...Not preaching Glock, but they are known for producing high calibers in comfortable small packages.....I have assorted HK, Sig, Kimber, kahr,Ruger, Glock and Smiths. Glock is cost effective and is not a high maintenanced girlfriend. Goes bang everytime........My Kimber is my supermodel, but my Glock is my guaranteed lay. (come on.... that's funny!)

Posts: 770 | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G21SF owner here.. owned G31 and g22 also.

It's kinda of like the ring...the one to rule them all, but everyone shuns it or resists it because they fear what wrath and attention it may draw.
I sit in my man-cave, stroking it, "My Precious..."

Posts: 38 | Location: High Windy Desert | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No thanks...no Glocks for me.

Ever.

I like my handguns to be functional, and appealing to the eye. NOTE: I did not type "...'appalling' to the eye" - That's the Glock category.

Simple as that.

- Brian

--------------------
||| P226R (.40) ||| P6 ||| P320 X5 ||| SP2022 (.40) |||

Posts: 411 | Location: Northeast Florida | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would die first!!!

You would have to pry that into my cold, dead, fingers...

Big Grin

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3503 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I bought a Glock years ago. Never did warm upto it. Yes, it works, is reasonably accurate but really requires a dedication to that platofrm only if you want to shoot it really well. The grip is so diff as is the trigger. If I dedicate it as my only for a few practice sessions, then I do well, but I can pick up my 1911 or P239 any day, any time & out shoot my Glock. Roll Eyes

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To each his own......just not for me. Love watching you guys shoot the thing though!.....Smile I have no "closeted" love for Glock at all.......Cheers The Mouse

Posts: 2480 | Location: Nth Hollywood,CA,USA | Registered: March 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
Nothing beats a Glock and yes, I drink the Kool-Aid. Just look at my avatar. However, the M&Ps have also filled my heart and now I own several of the plastic fantastics.

If I were to choose one pistol over all others, it would be a G19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patrolman175
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by kmichael:
I fired a Glock once and that was enough for me. If you enjoy it , that is fine.
We understand. It's hard to admit your closeted love for the Glock. But it's a Living Hell, man, living that lie. The Truth shall set you free! Admit the truth and join us, brother!

Amen Brother, I must confess my sins, I have recently purchased two Glocks, forgive me but I really like them!!

Posts: 520 | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
I really like my G17. I used to be a hater, but I saw the light.

I must be an anomaly, because I can fire my SIG's, 1911, XD and immediately fire my Glock without any problems, and be pretty darned accurate.

I enjoy having different platforms and being proficient with each of them.

Now if only my wife would let me shoot her M&P9. Wink

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Ok, it's time for me to come clean.

I just purchased a Glock 26. I had the choice of many other subcompacts and I chose Glock. I'm a Sig and HK guy.

I have also pondered that if I was LEO and my department allowed me to choose my own duty weapon, as much as I love Sigs and HK's, I most likely would choose a Glock.

My name is Maestro and I like Glocks.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I already own my one and only plastic gun, a P250 and really like it. No need for a Glock in my house, 5 Sig's, a S&W J Frame and a Kahr CW9 is enough diversity for me...... Next will be a P238 if they ever get released although I am not a real fan of 380's, just want one....

.....Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.....

http://northtexasarms.com

Posts: 312 | Location: Highland Village, Texas | Registered: July 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ship A'Hoy
posted Hide Post
I have been a die hard SIG fan for years and still own a P220. But after going through a Police firearm course using a G21SF in 45ACP, I have to admit I really like the Glock platform. I like it's constant trigger no matter how crappy it is.

Recently I bought another Glock, a G33 in .357SIG and it is a real good CC gun. It is replacing my SIG P239 which has always been reliable and never failed. But the constant trigger pull combined with the reduced weight of the G33 and round capacity have me selling the P239. She's been a good girlfriend but I found another one who's plastic.

--------------------------------------------
NRA LE Certified Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
Certified Glock Armorer

"You won't rise to the occasion - you'll default to your level of training."
Barrett Tillman

Posts: 478 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't beat Stupid
Picture of murray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 00fxsts:
NO!!-----------hate the trigger

I got to ask WHY ???? cause its the exact same every time and reset is too good ?

Murray
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 5947 | Location: Just outside Rochester NY  | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
It takes owning a few SIGs to appreciate the simplicity of a Glock.

I was a hater. Saw the light. They have no soul, and I can't ever see owning more than one. Which works out well, because I don't think anything can kill my 19.

(it was SIGforum that pushed me over the edge to get a 19)

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
I tried to join the darkside . Bought a G22 , had many many problems and dumped it . Even when it worked I just couldn't get used to that grip . Maybe someday I'll pick up a G19 and try again .

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post