SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig239srt:
I would like one of these!

You joining the imperial storm troopers? Razz

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feedramp:
What ... a SIG for a Glock .. Frown

Well, if you have to go, it may as well be to the dark side.

I sold 2 Sigs and bought 3 Glocks with that money... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's what I did. Sold the P220 and bought the G22 in Dark Earth. The wait of the 220 and even the 229 have been bothering my back so I wanted something lighter. The G22 loaded weighs the same as my 229 unloaded. I don't want to carry a pocket gun for EDC but I did need to reduce the weight I carry.

Posts: 323 | Registered: October 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Don't forget to obtain an alloy mainspring seat as well. The stock part is plastic. It's uhh...somewhat important to the function of fabulous, not-so-stoveproof SIG.

And make sure that the guide rod isn't made up of that dastardly poly stuff that SIG started using a lot of not so long ago...

The hammer stop is my only plastic piece left. After that, my gun is BBQ proof. Wink

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:

And it's not the first time I've done it, either. That RTF used to be a custom 229. Couldn't be more pleased, especially after shooting it.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
quote:
Originally posted by sig239srt:
I would like one of these!

You joining the imperial storm troopers? Razz

Seriously. Why not call it the Herp Derp, or ACP.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me a fan of the Gen 4 model...

Posts: 273 | Location: Nevada | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's a great Storm case by Pelican.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shenaniguns:
Call me a fan of the Gen 4 model...

What kind of sights are those?

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
^^^Ameriglo CAP night sights.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalo...ts/complete-sets/cap

Correct! Eventhough the neon yellow sights can be charged, I prefer the orange version that pops out at you.

Posts: 273 | Location: Nevada | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Edit

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That's a great Storm case by Pelican.

It is, I like the ability to choose just the soft case when I go to the range and both when I travel.

Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I think those CAP sights are the cat's meow. I have them on all my Glocks. Fast and accurate, and not 'busy' looking.

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
I think those CAP sights are the cat's meow. I have them on all my Glocks. Fast and accurate, and not 'busy' looking.

I agree, they are fast due to the high visibility front sight yet precise at distance. Plus I like that they have a low sight over bore ratio.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I had I-dots on my Gen 3 G19 I sold, but I might be looking into those Cap sights for my G30S..

Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking about the G30S...I'd like to get a look at one in person.

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shenaniguns:
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:

I agree, they are fast due to the high visibility front sight yet precise at distance. Plus I like that they have a low sight over bore ratio.

+1 I've put these sights on three of my Glocks. They're awesome.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Whtwolf14:
I keep thinking about the G30S...I'd like to get a look at one in person.

Same here.. especially after seeing that with the extended mag, it's got the same grip as a G19

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
You will buy another Glock!!

I took the 30S to the range last Saturday.
I like it.
It has a true 6 o'clock” sight picture, hence my shots were a bit high at first.
Probably shot at 10 to 15 yards.

I also bought a G36 frame for $250 on GB to run this G30S slide on.
But I like the G30S frame better, I may end up selling this G36 frame unless the wife likes it.

G36 frame on the left.

G36 mag on the right..

G30S fits in my G19 holsters that don't have a thumb break, I only have one that does, my Miami Classic that I rarely use.
I carry my G17 in the MC anyway.

It is very close in size to my G19..
The loaded G30S weighs about an ounce less than the loaded G19.

I like that the G30S slide is more angled / melted (whatever) on the muzzle end.

I didn't like the finger grooves of the Gen 3 G19 I sold, but the grooves of the G30S don't seem to bother me.

I found I like the Pearce mag base plates over the stock base plates.
I also bought 1 9rd mag for the G30S but it really doesn't make the pistol much smaller.
I also found the 9 rd mag will pinch my little finger (and the G36 mags do that too), but the 10 rd mags don't seem to pinch my finger at all.

I'm really digging it.
To recap my G30 story;
After much research reading about how guys were making their own G30SF / G36 hybrids, I decided to to that.
So I bought a G30SF with intention of buying a G36 to run that slide on the G30SF.
Well, I bought that G30SF on a Saturday, that Monday they announced the G30S at the shot show..
So I sold my new unfired G30SF, luckily for what I paid for it, and went on the search for the G30S.

After losing a few GB auctions, a guy put one up starting at $700 with a buy it now price of $750 so I bought it.
My FFL only charges $15 for transfers.

I probably paid a little too much, but I'd rather pay than wait it out.
At that time there were only 2 or 3 auctions for the G30S at a time.
Looks like now there are a lot more of them.

I have no regrets..
I'm pretty new to 45ACP pistols, never cared for the caliber until I bought my G21.