SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My son is slowly taking over my position as the gun crank that just has to have everything. He already has a Glock 22 which resides in my safe and said just the other day that he is ordering a Glock 9mm.

A guy at his work said one of the major pushers had a "good deal" on Glocks, sot they just might as well order two!

I havent seen my son in over a week since I've geen out of the country, but I'm sure he has ordered it and I am anxiously awaiting to see whqt he got.

I'll have to admit, I'm not the biggest Glock supporter, however, a gun is a gun.......right?

I just never fell in love with the trigger and lock system. I'm sure it will "grow on you", but it just hasn't happened to me yet.

Like an old guy use to say on a local tv fishing show, years ago...."Hey, they all count one!"

So true....so true!

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I hated Gen 1 to 3 Glocks because I am left-handed and my hands are too large to manipulate the mag release on the left side. They finally got me with the Gen 4. My G19 is currently my favorite pistol and I have 2 more coming. Another 19 and a 26. Touché Glock...Touché.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
I hated Gen 1 to 3 Glocks because I am left-handed and my hands are too large to manipulate the mag release on the left side. They finally got me with the Gen 4. My G19 is currently my favorite pistol and I have 2 more coming. Another 19 and a 26. Touché Glock...Touché.

I'm with you....not a lefty, but never LIKED the Gen 2 or 3 Glocks. I respected them, carried them on duty, but never liked them. For me, the feel was off....too fat, finger grooves in the wrong places, etc. Then I handled a Gen 4.....I own 2 now (17 & 19), the 19 replaced my P220 as EDC & my G30 as BUG. Now if I can get the dept to let me switch to the G17 for duty.....

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was a LEO gun that the buyer backed out of buying. Have you tried West Coast Armory in Factoria? I think my friend saw a 17 or 19 in the second store that doesn't have the range.

quote:
Originally posted by spdski:
quote:
Originally posted by frolicking dirtchild:
Oh lord I found a an FDE Glock 17 Gen4. Must.Pull.Trigger.Buy....Agggh. My poor Visa card.

Any idea if they sell it through the blue label program? I've yet to see one in my area except for the standard red label ones and I'm too cheap to go that route.

"One does not simply walk into this topic"
- CheeseItBaggins- Gamefaqs 2/22/2010
Sig MK 25
Springfield MC Operator
Glock 19
Glock 17
S&W M13 3"
S&W M28-2 Highway Patrol

Posts: 360 | Location: Tacoma, Washington State | Registered: August 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RustyNut
posted Hide Post
I have to say when I picked up a Gen 4 I thought this isn't bad for a Glock. But buy one? Not when there are SIGs and M&Ps running around.

Posts: 37 | Location: MN USA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RustyNut:
I have to say when I picked up a Gen 4 I thought this isn't bad for a Glock. But buy one? Not when there are SIGs and M&Ps running around.
he he he

That's right, you're not interested.

You keep telling yourself that. Razz

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carrying the G32 today, though I have to admit once I get the LEM trigger installed on the HK45c that the Glock might get a break. Maybe. The idea of strapping something so expensive to my side is a tough pill to swallow. By the time I'm done it will cost as much as two Glocks!

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wholesale dick merchant
posted Hide Post
Just bought Glock 21 gen 4 the day after the school shooting. I see an AWB in the very near future, i wanted the 13 rd mags while they are still avaiable.

Posts: 319 | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I can only get my Glock 19 to shoot like my Sigs

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildflush:
If I can only get my Glock 19 to shoot like my Sigs

If only I could get my pickup to run like a Maserati.. Roll Eyes

The Glock pistol is what it is..
The best COMBAT handgun available... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by RustyNut:
he he he

That's right, you're not interested.

You keep telling yourself that. Razz

You want the big black Glock in your hands again. You know you do RustyNut. It is OK. We are here for ya.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To follow up on the above post.....I got back to town today after a cruise to Honduras, Belize and Mexico.....and my kid didn't buy just one Glock....he bought two.....and a bunch of magazines!

He had a 2nd gen 40 s&W......then he bought a 3rd gen 9 and a 3rd gen 45 ACP.

My boy has definitely got the bug. I thought I was the only person that bought guns in small, medium and large? Eek

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adirondack Mtn Guy, The One Stop Shop
Picture of AdkMtnGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
To follow up on the above post.....I got back to town today after a cruise to Honduras, Belize and Mexico.....and my kid didn't buy just one Glock....he bought two.....and a bunch of magazines!

He had a 2nd gen 40 s&W......then he bought a 3rd gen 9 and a 3rd gen 45 ACP.

My boy has definitely got the bug. I thought I was the only person that bought guns in small, medium and large? Eek

Well you're teaching him well Charlie!

Take Care, God Bless, and be safe!
~AdkMtnGuy
WY0ADK

http://www.MacGregorSpecialties.com
NRA Certified Instructor
Defensive Shooting Instructor
Oath Keeper
Μολὼν Λαβέ

"Pain is your friend, it lets you know you're still alive and therefore you've still got fight left in you..." -me

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9 - New Line of Duty June 11, 2010 - WOOF!
And another one on top, Feb 14, 2012!

Challenge my Brute! http://mac.mybrute.com

Posts: 1695 | Location: Circle of Protection | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well, Para, Santa broke down and brought my wife a G26 for Christmas. Does that count?

He also should have brought her a hydraulic press to load those stout little mags. They have me close to losing my man card along with two of my favorite thumbs. Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Decon
posted Hide Post
New Gen 4 G17 yesterday. Razz This make 7 since this thread started. It has the 336 ejector and the
0-2-1 recoil RSA. I'm gonna call Glock next week to see about getting those replaced.

Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1582 | Location: Houston TX | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Well, Para, Santa broke down and brought my wife a G26 for Christmas. Does that count?

He also should have brought her a hydraulic press to load those stout little mags. They have me close to losing my man card along with two of my favorite thumbs. Big Grin

This will be your new best friend..

Uplula - Amazon

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Uplula - Amazon

Would my wife be allowed to use that thing when she does the shooting part of qualifying for a CCW in Texas?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Uplula - Amazon

Would my wife be allowed to use that thing when she does the shooting part of qualifying for a CCW in Texas?

Yes, there are no rules against it.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Thanks PPGMD.

posted Hide Post
No. Don't like the look. Don't like the feel. Can't think of one thing to say good about them. Some say they shoot great but so does my 96A1, 92A1 and Sig Pro.

Posts: 17 | Registered: December 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post