SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm not the biggest fan of them but I do own 4. A Gen2 G19, Gen3 G19, Gen2 G23, and a Gen3 G23.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striperkid,

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
I need a 26 and 40MOS and a 21 and a .......

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'm doing the same thing, you're just a bit ahead of me. Nice to see a gen 1 17 in there. I badly want a 17L in the stable, and I know a 26 will have to happen at some point.

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Well I shot my new (and first) Glock yesterday. G20.

Took it out of the box, loaded up the three mags, and shot 45 rounds quickly, at about 10 yards. Pretty good accuracy for the first time. Placed them all in a salad plate-sized area of the target. No hiccups at all. Now to buy some 200 grain FMJ Underwood loads for woods-carry. Good to go.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gundawg :
I've seen 4 dozen photos of stippling done by 5b gunworks,
but have not seen the particular design you posted, anywhere.

Did you request that pattern , specifically ?

did they offer it to you with a pattern name?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
gundawg :

Tons of photos of it on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/5BGunWorx/

It's their "Basketweave" pattern. Seems to be their most popular pattern, based on the number of times it shows up in their photos.

Here are all 11 of the standard stippling patterns available from them: https://www.facebook.com/media...2731106627222&type=3

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Saw this as a signature line on another site. "Kimbers are what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd D. Barber,

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
gundawg :

Tons of photos of it on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/5BGunWorx/

It's their "Basketweave" pattern. Seems to be their most popular pattern, based on the number of times it shows up in their photos.

Here are all 11 of the standard stippling patterns available from them: https://www.facebook.com/media...2731106627222&type=3

Rogue is correct, basket weave is his #1 pattern, kind of his go to and while others do it he seems to have really honed it, but he offers a lot of options.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Saw this as a signature line on another site. "Kimbers re what you show your friends, Glocks are what you show your enemies"

Love it ...

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I had thought about doing a sig 320 this year but I have over 15 mags for my 23. So I think I am going to do a 23 with the cutout for a optic. It isn't on the GSSF list so I may get a different one, maybe a 43 and then buy the new g23 rmr

I have never wanted stipling but dang that basket weave looks cool. It just might make me Re consider Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock . . . I sure did - a G26 Gen 3. Smile

Handled Gen 3 and 4 and preferred the less aggressive grip texture and smaller mag release. Didn’t even try the Gen 4 switchable backstraps. The 2 mags I got with the Gen 3 are Gen 4 mags – notched on both sides to work with the Gen 4’s reversible magazine catch.

Yesterday morning I got Gander Mountain’s sale email which also mentioned that it was the last day for 10% off firearms. $495 and $560 for Gen 3 and 4, respectively. With tax, total GM price would be on par with a GB purchase (figuring in credit card upcharge, shipping, and transfer fee) but without the wait and trip to the FFL.

I called GM and they had both Gens in stock (so I could handle both). I was ready to head out but just for grins decided to call the LGS. To my surprise they had both in stock and prices were only $5 over GM’s.

When I got to the LGS the tag on the Gen 3 was $539 Frown (but then guy said it’s $499 and they just hadn’t changed the tag yet).

They got my $ and I got the G26 and surprise, a free all-day range pass. Will go next week.

FYI, from the Manual:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mikeyspizza,

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought #5 last weekend. Found a G34 for a price I was ok with, so it followed me home.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Have a few Glocks, been mostly carrying HK's & PPS 1's for several years depending upon season, occasion, etc. Decided to pick up a G43 six months ago just for shits and grins. Amazingly, over the course of time, this gun has somehow become my daily carry....with single stack Walthers, Rugers, Sigs and Berettas now just taking up space in the safe. I'm so hooked on this gun that I just ordered another one today - along with Ameriglos, Talons & Tarans to fit it. I gotta stop reading this freaking thread!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine's a 17A. The A is for Australia. Out government requires 5" barrels for autos and mags restricted to 10 rounds. Glock has been good enough to oblige by making a pistol that suits our laws. I'd post a pick but I think we all know what a G17 looks like.

Posts: 18 | Location: Australia  | Registered: December 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omnivore:
Mine's a 17A. The A is for Australia. Out government requires 5" barrels for autos and mags restricted to 10 rounds. Glock has been good enough to oblige by making a pistol that suits our laws. I'd post a pick but I think we all know what a G17 looks like.

I'd say your 17A looks a little different than my G17s.. Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is anyone sad that they traded their gen three for a gen 4 ?

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nope. Love the gen 4's.
The only gen 3 I shoot actively is the 26 I carry regularly.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm happy I traded a new Gen 4 G22 for a new Gen 3 G22.
I don't like the Gen 4 grip texture.
But the guy I traded with wanted the Gen 4 grip texture.

I need something to run my G31 barrel in.. Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not at all. The Gen 4 has several significant advantages over the Gen 3, and no disadvantages.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post