SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Handled the Gen. 5s at the range Friday (but not available yet for range rental use..). Sweet! But; I'm thinking something like the 36 in .40 would scratch my itch.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
I didn't have any luck with my search so I'll ask it here. Is there any chance of a Gen 5 Glock 34? It would be for competition and cheaper than the 320 X5 I'm also considering.

As far as I know, only the 17 and 19 exist as Gen 5 at this time.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
The Gen 5's I have, the 19.5 and 17.5 were ordered with Amerglo night sights, all steel and they are right on out of the box...GREAT GUNS, NUFF SAID..

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TENWOLVES:
The Gen 5's I have, the 19.5 and 17.5 were ordered with Amerglo night sights, all steel and they are right on out of the box...GREAT GUNS, NUFF SAID..

My 19.5 also came with Ameriglos. I thought the rear was off a tad (need to be drifted a tiny bit left), but it shoots fine so I left it as is.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
Here's some fresh pictures of my G17 with the 6MOA Type 2, and it's (mostly) twin brother G19. The G19 is stock internally, to meet department standards for CCW guns, no magwell, no RMR as well.

Here's my other G17

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by 5632:
glock was the first 9mm I ever had. I could never hit anything I aimed at. I got rid of it and now have Sig and Beretta and will never touch a glock again.

Glock 9mm was the first combat auto I ever had. I shot low and left of anything I aimed at. Over time I learned my grip and trigger finger and lack of range time were the problem and now I shoot dead center.
I no longer blame the gun.

This was my experience as well. Once I corrected my poor shooting technique, the Glock turned out to be very accurate.
True form every quality handgun, I think. Smile

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a Gen 4 G34. Gonna give it a run this Thursday.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread started the same day I joined the forum. Never posted in this thread before, as I’m not going to post just to say “nope, not me”. I had zero interest in Glock. I have one token Sig, a P229. I like it, but it’s pretty much a safe queen. Admittedly, I’m a H&K fanboy. My wife has been going to the range with me lately and always wants the P30sk. So today I bought her one for Christmas. It was right next to the Gen 5 Glock 19. I asked to hold it. The experience confirmed my belief. Did not like how it felt in my hand. Out of curiosity, and I don’t know why, I asked to hold the Gen 4. Never held one before. Wow, I think they used a model of my hand when designing it. Long story short, I own a Glock.

rdbtwnthlns

Posts: 463 | Location: PA | Registered: March 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cazio:
I'm still looking for my first glock. I know it will be a 19 but trying to find one locally at a good price.

Ok I finally did it, I order a gen 5 Glock 19 a couple days ago and hopefully I should have it middle of next week. I shot about 75 rounds out of a rental gen 4 and can't wait to get out with the gen 5 side by side with my 320.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Been really enjoying my Gen 5 G19 over the past few months. So much so that I am seriously considering buying a Gen 5 G17 for Christmas as one, I've never owned a full-size model Glock, the G17 is the model that started it all, and last but not least, I have a GSSF Blue Label purchase coupon available to use. I suspect that Glock may raise prices in January too, so now would probably be the time to lock in a G17 at the current Blue Label price. Decisions...decisions...

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Went this afternoon to my Blue Label dealer and picked out my Gen 5 G17 from a couple different ones I looked at and tried out, did the paperwork, provided ID and CWP, but evidently NICS here in Florida was getting pinged so hard that waited almost an hour and had only moved up to number 4 in the list. It was already 15 minutes past the shop's closing time, so I'll have to go back to pick it up some time this coming week. At least the one I picked out and decided on has a superb stock trigger, felt virtually identical to the one I picked out on my Gen 5 G19 a few months ago. And yes, while it was only very slight, there was a detectable difference between the one I picked and the others I felt. Definitely looking forward to picking it up! Smile

-Dtech

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Obvious
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
Went this afternoon to my Blue Label dealer and picked out my Gen 5 G17 from a couple different ones I looked at and tried out, did the paperwork, provided ID and CWP, but evidently NICS here in Florida was getting pinged so hard that waited almost an hour and had only moved up to number 4 in the list. It was already 15 minutes past the shop's closing time, so I'll have to go back to pick it up some time this coming week. At least the one I picked out and decided on has a superb stock trigger, felt virtually identical to the one I picked out on my Gen 5 G19 a few months ago. And yes, while it was only very slight, there was a detectable difference between the one I picked and the others I felt. Definitely looking forward to picking it up! Smile

Were they calling NICS? If so, they should look into the online portal. It is much quicker.

Posts: 3364 | Registered: July 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
This the reason why I love the fact that Arkansas allows those with concealed handgun licenses to skip the NICS check.

Even though I can carry just with my LE creds, I keep my CHL current for situations like that.

When I bought my Gen 5 G19 from my Blue Label dealer a little while back, I just showed DL, LE ID, and CHL, filled out the 4473, paid, and walked out.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I have a GSSF Blue Label purchase coupon available to use...

How do I get one? There are no GSSF matches in my area, and as far as I can tell, competing in one is how you get it.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
You need to sign up for membership in the GSSF and be a member for at least a year. I've had a membership for quite some time now, but it is not necessary to compete in a match to get the coupons. You get one a year.

As for the NICS, from the perspective of the law abiding consumer, I agree that it would be nice to not have to get a NICS check if you have a CWP. The only problem with that is if someone has something recent on their record and the shop only goes by the fact that they have a CWP in hand, they could very well be selling a gun to a recent felon and not know it. I'm ok with having to do the NICS check as long as I can (usually) take delivery of the gun the same day.

The Blue Label dealer in my area is one of the largest volume dealers in Florida if not the South East and does use the online system. There are no shops I deal with, not even smaller ones that have used the call in method for some years now. Florida FDLE were just being overwhelmed with the number of online requests being sent through the system for processing. All Florida purchases go through FDLE, not directly through NICS which is why there can be delays in Florida when they get overwhelmed. Your chances of having to wait until another day also exponentially go up depending on how close to closing time you show up at the shop. In my case, 45 minutes is usually plenty as the checks normally are relatively instant to only a few minute wait, but for obvious reasons, the system was much busier.

A notable observation while I was there was that including myself, every other person in the shop, whether LE or civilian had a Glock pistol case in front of them for purchase except for one rifle (A LWRC) that one gentleman was purchasing. In the time I was there, close to 10 Glocks were sold/being picked up, and that was just around closing time.

While talking with the gun sales guy handling my purchase, he did mention that they were sold out of the M&P M2.0 Compacts. Those seem to be selling real well too along with the other M2.0 models.

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
quote:
You need to sign up for membership in the GSSF and be a member for at least a year. I've had a membership for quite some time now, but it is not necessary to compete in a match to get the coupons. You get one a year...

Thanks, Dtech! I Googled it and found the membership app, I'll do it after the Christmas expenses are done. Between that short delay and the year before I get a coupon, maybe I can decide whether to get a 10mm or a Compact. Big Grin

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
You need to sign up for membership in the GSSF and be a member for at least a year. I've had a membership for quite some time now, but it is not necessary to compete in a match to get the coupons. You get one a year...

Thanks, Dtech! I Googled it and found the membership app, I'll do it after the Christmas expenses are done. Between that short delay and the year before I get a coupon, maybe I can decide whether to get a 10mm or a Compact. Big Grin

You are most welcome. One thing I suggest and that just came to mind (sorry trying to multitask Big Grin ) is to look at the membership pricing carefully. It is better to go with a multi-year membership not just for pricing but because if you do, then it is my understanding last I read about it and spoke to a GSSF individual about it as well that there is no one year wait if you go the multi-year route. The pricing works out better the longer the time you get the membership for and you will get a coupon once a year for the duration of the membership.

-Dtech

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
...I have a GSSF Blue Label purchase coupon available to use...

How do I get one? There are no GSSF matches in my area, and as far as I can tell, competing in one is how you get it.

Get a 2 year membership to start. If I remember correctly, it is $65, but you will recoup that with your first purchase (typically).

Also, what part of Illinois are you? There is a match in Sparta, IL in March. There are also matches in Atlanta, IN, 2 in Kentucky....Park City and Lexington and 1 in Columbia, MO. Depending on how far you are willing to drive, they may be closer than you think.

Over the past 3 years, we have won 3 random pistols in addition to cash and 2 year memberships. We made the trek to Talladega last month for the Gunny Match and between 8 divisions, we won random prizes in 5 of them. My wife won a random pistol and I won 4 different $50 random prizes.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Erick85:
...Also, what part of Illinois are you? There is a match in Sparta, IL in March...

I'm over 300 miles north, between Mendota and DeKalb. None of the matches you mention are within a reasonable travel distance, unfortunately.

Congrats on all the loot you and your wife collected! I've heard Glock is pretty generous at those matches.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm wrong but if you get a two or more year membership you get a coupon and with a one year you don't get a coupon for a year. I think that was the deal when I was searching but here is the link. http://gssfonline.com/hot-topics.cfm

UPDATED POST

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post