SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
My thoughts exactly...there called 'drop-free'...

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 806 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Well, I made it to the range for the first time in over a year.

Put some rounds through my new G19X, my beater truck gun a 1990 Gen 2 G17, my Kahr CW380, and a used 870 I bought a couple years ago.

The G19X trigger did feel a bit different than my other (older) Glocks, but I like it.
Although side by side, I feel I did better with my Gen 2 G17.

BTW I'm no marksman or expert.
I'm just a guy that occasionally hits the gun range.

Probably 10 yards or so.
On the small colored shapes, I shot at them until I hit them.
Notice less rounds with the Gen 2.

2018 G19X

1990 Gen 2 G17

It is no wonder I favor and keep my Gen 2 and Gen 2.5 Glocks.

Nice to know that the 1987 870 Magnum I bought has no issues.
I bought it 2 years ago and never had a chance to shoot it.
Blued with walnut..
As much as I want to keep it stock, I'm going to have to put an S&J Hardware safety on it.

A combination of bird shot and SD buckshot.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
<snip>G19 Gen5 grip<snip>

I've not had problems with the mag relief cut on the G19 grip, but I have small hands and don't use my pinkie for my strong hand hold on the grip. It's not much different than how it intrudes on my Gen2. But I can see how someone with a meatier hand could be put off by it. Personally I still prefer the full size Gen5 grip over the compact, which is the reason for me favoring the G19X, G17G5 and G34G5 over the regular G19G5. The Gen5 G19 is the first of that model's lineage that I have absolutely no desire to own.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent about an hour this evening looking at gunbroker and reading reviews, I found a g40 mos with a trijicon RMR on it for 1150.00, I’m really trying to convince myself I don’t need it, I fortunately at this point with my new job and our move, I’d have to get rid of something to make room for it.

I figure when I’m down at my dads place this summer, I’ll look In the sage and see if I have anything kicking around that dosent hold some sort of sentimental value. I’m pretty sure I have a few Remington rifles that I will likely never use again or miss since they havnt been touched for 7 years. If I get rid of those, I think I could convince my wife I need the g40.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ventured to the dark side again, well several shades of brown to be exact.
Got me a G19x
Hopefully can test it out this Saturday, boy I wish it was black.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Do you mind if I ask who is doing the RMR cut for you, and how much it’s costing?

I really want a G19 MOS and kept hoping Glock would release a gen 5 version of it, but that hasn’t happened yet.....

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I do hate to admit it...The Gen5 is one of the best pistols to hit the market in years.

Being issued this, led to the purchase of that.

And I have a third 17 that is being sent off to have cut for an RMR.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

My guess is to assist in pulling out a stuck or sticky magazine was probably a milspec or leo spec somewhere.

In case of a failure to extract, aka "double feed" stoppage you need to be able to have a grasp on the magazine to forcibly pull it out. This is because the top round in the magazine is pinched between the case that didn't extract and the slide and is hanging the mag up.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'm also interested in Kevmo's question, I'd like to know who's milling your slide.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
I'm also interested in Kevmo's question, I'd like to know who's milling your slide.

Mark at L and M Precision has done several glocks and an hk for me - all with flawless results.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a G17 this past weekend, too good a deal to pass up.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

It is no wonder I favor and keep my Gen 2 and Gen 2.5 Glocks.

^^^ This! ^^^

Mine aren't going anywhere. Now if only I could slap a 40 MOS upper on a Gen2 22...

Looks like I'll just have to keep the carbine kit for it too. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

Meet “Boop” (short for baby poop) my new 19X. I want to dislike Glocks, but it is hard to argue with the results.

First 38 rounds, 124g Speer Lawman at 7 yds.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
The Gen5 G19 is the first of that model's lineage that I have absolutely no desire to own.

Yeah, I’m right there with you, and I was looking to make a generational set. I just don’t need anything it does “better” than the Gen 4 I carry to want to deal with that half moon cut again that I don’t love on my gen 2’s. I’ve got some Glock 19’s without finger bumps on the front strap, and I’ve got one with the backstraps. I don’t see the need to marry those features and so I can live with what I’ve got.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I really don't need another Glock, but I couldn't pass this one up. I bought from a revolver guy who, shot one box of ammo through it & decided he still hated semi autos. I paid $100 less than Blue Label price at my local LE toy store.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I am loving my Gen 5 G34. It just feels right, it shoots right, its awesome.

Now I need a gen 5 G17 and 19

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
What do people think about the magwell pinky cutout on the G19 Gen 5? Only thing I don’t like about it.

Mine was rubbing my pinkie raw in class on Sat.

When Blacklist or Agency comes out with a carry magwell for the G5, I'll install one.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by PennSig:
As for the Gen 5 magwell pinky cutout my first impression is why is it necessary?

My guess is to assist in pulling out a stuck or sticky magazine was probably a milspec or leo spec somewhere.

That is the intention. However, has anyone ever had any issues with factory Glock mags not dropping freely like butter? I fondled a Glock 19 Gen 5 and it felt great except for my pinky going into the cutout. I guess there’s always mag plugs that will fill it. It just seems like a needless modification. I like everything else about the Gen 5 though.

A Type 3 malfunction locks the mag in place, you need to rip it out and it isn't always easy.

I would have preferred cut outs on the sides rather than the front.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vickers baseplates take care of that problem

quote:
What do people think about the magwell pinky cutout on the G19 Gen 5? Only thing I don’t like about it.

When glock flared the base of the gen 5 pistols, creating a built-in funnel, they eliminated the opportunity for aftermarket mags like agency arms products.

The agency arms minimalist well works fine to cover up the front cutout on pistols like the G34/35; I have them on mine and the front cutout disappears. The entire magwell is still smaller than the vickers baseplate, allowing extraction with the baseplate.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
How do all the other guns handle Type 3 malfunctions without side cuts?

I guess they never have it or the shooters just die?

Lol.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Was at a gun show over the weekend, and saw the weirdest Glock I have ever seen. It was a Glock 19,but with a collapsible grip. Was going for $1400.00.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post