SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by herobuddy:
Getting a FDE Gen 4 Model 19 just for the color and to have something in 9mm.

Hard ones to find; sell really quick and simply can't get enough of them. Nearly as fast as those damnable, near invisible Shields.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:
Originally posted by herobuddy:
Getting a FDE Gen 4 Model 19 just for the color and to have something in 9mm.

Hard ones to find; sell really quick and simply can't get enough of them. Nearly as fast as those damnable, near invisible Shields.

The one I snagged had not even hit the shelf yet. Who knows how long it would have lasted.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B D Johnson:
Wouldn't have a Glock..............Notimpressed whatsoever. If I owned one, I'd call the bitch Gladys.

I'm a Sig and 1911 guy. Bought my first and only Glock (Gen4 G34) last year. I named her Gladys. Please show a little more respect for my bitch.

P.S. After you buy your Glock, you can name her anything you want.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:

Also after you buy a Glock, you're probably going to buy another one... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wouldn't have a Glock..............Notimpressed whatsoever. If I owned one, I'd call the bitch Gladys.

What model is Gladys?
Congrats on purchasing your first Glock! Smile You will love it.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
quote:

I'm a Sig and 1911 guy. Bought my first and only Glock (Gen4 G34) last year. I named her Gladys. Please show a little more respect for my bitch.

Like you, I am a 1911 and Sig guy, as well. I almost bought a Glock, but went for a Kahr PM9 instead. I am real pleased with my choice. Maybe my day will come.

I even prefer the Kahr over my Boberg an posted it on the Boberg thread...
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/9060021962/p/7

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

What model is Gladys?
I imagine BD posting while wearing a wife beater.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have a 2022 and was looking at glocks. know nothing about them other than the famed brass to the face syndrom thats going around from what i see on here.im getting ready to update my security officer license so what 9mm glock would compare to the 2022 as far as size goes?looking at the discount you can get. from what ive read you can get a new glock for 400$ area with it.

Posts: 298 | Location: kcmo | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imArkAngel:
i have a 2022 and was looking at glocks. know nothing about them other than the famed brass to the face syndrom thats going around from what i see on here.im getting ready to update my security officer license so what 9mm glock would compare to the 2022 as far as size goes?looking at the discount you can get. from what ive read you can get a new glock for 400$ area with it.

I'd say a G19..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

What model is Gladys?
I imagine BD posting while wearing a wife beater.

And yelling "Hey Stella!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1A0p0F_iH8
That's what happens when you ride too many streetcars. Wink T.W. had such a way with words...

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned\Troll
posted Hide Post
bought a G19 4 Gen made in 8/2012. Gun out of the box is junk. The trigger is horrible. Polished internal parts helps some plus put in a 3.5 connector. Pull down to 5.25 lbs. Trigger will still tear up your finger if shoot a lot at the range. My Sig's and S&W revolvers I could shoot all day long. With the Glock I come home with a sore finger.
You could keep a Glock stock for purely self defense with little or no maintenance. It is not a fun gun to shoot and not even close to accuracy of a Sig. Partly due to the trigger and sights.
I have sent away for after market parts, trigger bar, different connector and different sights and some springs. Probably about $300 worth counting a sight pusher. I have many guns and this one I will try and upgrade because otherwise I would sell it or throw it off a cliff after I shot it up with one of my Sig's.
Maybe the Gen 3's were better out of the box but the current production of Glocks suck. Save your money.
P>S> With all my Sigs and S&W revolvers they all shoot great right out of the box, and in over 10 years I have not have to put a dime into them with the exception of changing recoil springs as part of maintenance.

Posts: 463 | Location: FL | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Poor baby. Sounds rough.

Banned\Troll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:
Recently purchased second-hand (not much used) G17 gen 4 as my first pistol.

So far all works fine, no jams.
Although, recently during cleaning i saw some kind of scratch (or I don't know what is that- not visible well, had to use good light on it) on the inner part of the slide.

I would love to hear any opinions, if I should be worried about it or it's pretty normal... :>

I think I can tell you exactly what those scratches are. Search for a video on u tube, Glock slide disassembly, there are quite a few. To get the back plate off you push down toward the front of the slide with a small screw driver on the black part you have circled. Who ever took the slide apart slipped with the screw driver hence the scratch. The black part circled is plastic and can be replaced for $3 to $4. Just goggle Glock Parts, there are many websites.
I would not be bothered by the scratch but I would take the slide apart, it is really easy after you see the videos. Check that black plastic part for cracks. The firing pin rides inside of it. It is probably just marked up by the guy with fat fingers who scratched the slide and is not a problem you should worry about.

Posts: 463 | Location: FL | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RM686:
bought a G19 4 Gen made in 8/2012. Gun out of the box is junk. The trigger is horrible. Polished internal parts helps some plus put in a 3.5 connector. Pull down to 5.25 lbs. Trigger will still tear up your finger if shoot a lot at the range. My Sig's and S&W revolvers I could shoot all day long. With the Glock I come home with a sore finger.
You could keep a Glock stock for purely self defense with little or no maintenance. It is not a fun gun to shoot and not even close to accuracy of a Sig. Partly due to the trigger and sights.
I have sent away for after market parts, trigger bar, different connector and different sights and some springs. Probably about $300 worth counting a sight pusher. I have many guns and this one I will try and upgrade because otherwise I would sell it or throw it off a cliff after I shot it up with one of my Sig's.
Maybe the Gen 3's were better out of the box but the current production of Glocks suck. Save your money.
P>S> With all my Sigs and S&W revolvers they all shoot great right out of the box, and in over 10 years I have not have to put a dime into them with the exception of changing recoil springs as part of maintenance.

All I did to my Gen 3 G19 was replace the connector $15,
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/De...px?PROD=1031&CAT=163

and swap a smooth faced trigger for the stock grooved trigger $17.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/De...spx?PROD=477&CAT=162

After that she was good to go.

If you expect your Glock trigger to feel as smooth as your Sig trigger, then you're a fool..

I actually prefer the shorter trigger of the Glock over the long Sig pull.

Good luck with it.. Roll Eyes

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, doesn't sound quite right, does it?

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, he did buy a sight pusher for his one Glock pistol.

I have a gunsmith install mine for free.. Big Grin

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RM686:
quote:
Originally posted by pawelm:
Recently purchased second-hand (not much used) G17 gen 4 as my first pistol.

So far all works fine, no jams.
Although, recently during cleaning i saw some kind of scratch (or I don't know what is that- not visible well, had to use good light on it) on the inner part of the slide.

I would love to hear any opinions, if I should be worried about it or it's pretty normal... :>

I think I can tell you exactly what those scratches are. Search for a video on u tube, Glock slide disassembly, there are quite a few. To get the back plate off you push down toward the front of the slide with a small screw driver on the black part you have circled. Who ever took the slide apart slipped with the screw driver hence the scratch. The black part circled is plastic and can be replaced for $3 to $4. Just goggle Glock Parts, there are many websites.
I would not be bothered by the scratch but I would take the slide apart, it is really easy after you see the videos. Check that black plastic part for cracks. The firing pin rides inside of it. It is probably just marked up by the guy with fat fingers who scratched the slide and is not a problem you should worry about.

A $10 Glock tool can help with that in the future.
The round tip will stay in that slot better.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/De...spx?PROD=626&CAT=111

Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
I've fallen again... I'm so weak...

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned\Troll
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are a number of post on the Glock Talk site where people say after firing a few hundred rounds the trigger safety causes there finger to be sore if they fire a lot of rounds. Some file down the safety so its flush when they pull the trigger. All I said was it is not a fun gun to shoot. There have been many complaints about the pull of the Gen 4 triggers vs the Gen3 . I like to spend all day at the range and maybe go through 350 rounds. I can shoot a 1 inch group with a sig vs a 2 inch group with the glock at ten meters.
Why are their so many after market parts, triggers, connectors, spring sets and custom trigger Glock packages available if this gun is so great out of the box.
Give me a break. I don't see anyone selling aftermarket triggers for Sig's.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It seems to me you're trying to sell us on your story. You have to buy 300 bucks worth of parts for your Glock?

With any type of product, there's always the possibility of getting a lemon. Maybe that's what happened to you. Then again, maybe there's something else behind the words you've posted about your horrible experience.