SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Don't get them wet or feed them after midnight

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
This thread is costing me $$$...

I just purchased this NIB Glock 48 MOS with CH Precision Adapter Plate and new Holosun 507K X2 red dot optic mounted. I was never a huge Glock guy due to the fat grip and blocky slide of the G19 but I’m all in with the slimline models (G43x and G48), along with the 15 round flush fit magazines from Shield Arms.

How are the iron sights with the 507K and CH plate? I am considering this option but want to know if I need taller than normal sights. I am not aware of any G43X/G48 suppressor height sights, but some standard height ones are taller than others (Trijicon HD's are a bit taller, as are XS Minimalists).

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I checked with C&H on my 43X MOS and they said that you would NOT be able to use the stock irons (even though their website seems to indicate otherwise).

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:

You probably already know, but you can run 40cal on your 32 with a simple 23 barrel swap using the same magazines.

I run .40 in my G32's, G31, G33, but also run them with 9mm barrels and magazines, for use on a range.

My G35 normally has a .357 Sig barrel, but also a match .40 barrel, and a 9mm conversion barrel. I just put a Bar-sto 9mm conversion in a G35 and took it to the range. It groups tightly, and its lock up is tight. No play, including pushing down on the barrel hood. With no spring change, or anything else but the magazine and the barrel, glocks run fine. It's a lot less expensive to run 9mm than .40 or .357, but with the barrels, there are options.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
My Shield Arms 15 rounders shipped in 10 days. Now to find a 43xMOS.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Woot! My blue label dealer just emailed me and said they have a gen5 23 with my name on it.

Sadly there isn't a 357 sig barrel out for the gen5 yet. So it's going to be a long wait. Unless I go buy some .40 ammo.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Found a NIB (made last month!) G19 gen 5 MOS today at my LGS after looking for a while now for a reasonably priced example. Best part was I was just there getting ammo!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is Glock still making the 2 tone 43x and 48? I realize guns are hard to come by right now, but i have seen few of the 2 tone slimlines as they were first introduced.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
I love my G27 (my EDC). A local shop I frequent just had a G20 come in.....I am seriously tempted.

My wife and daughter are going on vacation to Fla. in a week, I am not going. I might have to purchase that to ease my pain.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creedbratton2:
Is Glock still making the 2 tone 43x and 48? I realize guns are hard to come by right now, but i have seen few of the 2 tone slimlines as they were first introduced.

I’m pretty sure the silver slide 43x and 48 were discontinued when the standard black slide versions were released.

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
makes sense they were discontinued, I guess, disappointing though.

Posts: 377 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not the result wanted but, CCR's CPII would be an excellent solution to your conundrum..
Better finish overall than original Glock finish you're looking for.
Just send them the slide (and barrel if desired) and they will take care of the rest.. Big Grin

Just an option to consider...... Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Picked it up.

My gen3 32 barrel fits, but it's loose and there's way too much of a gap. Not going to risk it. In the safe it goes until an aftermarket solution presents itself.

Also doesn't fit any of my kydex holsters.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have never been one of those folks who had any issues with .40. I actually have always kind of liked it. I have, however, never cared for it in Glocks. I’ve always kinda felt it was a quick afterthought as far as Glocks design. I would be curious to hear a comparison of this Gen 5 vs a Gen 3. I’ve never shot a Gen 4 .40 and have heard that is where they finally got the .40 worked out so to speak.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Picked it up.

My gen3 32 barrel fits, but it's loose and there's way too much of a gap. Not going to risk it. In the safe it goes until an aftermarket solution presents itself.

Also doesn't fit any of my kydex holsters.

Found this with a little Google-foo..
Not sure of it's accuracy, but it seems to fit your findings..

Will a “regular” lone wolf conversion barrel work in a Gen5 G23? Or do I need to order a conversion barrel specifically for a Gen5 pistol? TIA.

This is a no. You will need a Gen5 conversion specific barrel (which I have not seen yet). I have both a Gen5 22 and 23. When Glock made the slide fatter/heavier, they also made the barrel thicker. I found this out when trying to put in a Gen 1-4 23 barrel. The barrel fit was sloppy due to the Gen5 23 having a larger hole in the slide for the barrel. So bottom line, the Gen1-4 barrels are smaller in diameter than the Gen5 .40S&W barrel. So far, the only backwards compatible Gen5s for barrels is the Gen5 19 and 26. All others need Gen5 specific barrels.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Supposedly the Gen 3 was designed around 9mm, then ported up to .40. Then the Gen 4 was the opposite. With the Gen 5, the didn't even bother with .40 for years. But it seems like Glock did a pretty thorough redesign of the Gen 5 for .40. Note the the slide of Gen 5 .40s are thicker than the 9mm versions. I don't think that was the case with the earlier generations.

quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I have never been one of those folks who had any issues with .40. I actually have always kind of liked it. I have, however, never cared for it in Glocks. I’ve always kinda felt it was a quick afterthought as far as Glocks design. I would be curious to hear a comparison of this Gen 5 vs a Gen 3. I’ve never shot a Gen 4 .40 and have heard that is where they finally got the .40 worked out so to speak.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
So, I'm a bit behind the curve on all this...

what is y'alls opinion (both good and bad) on a Generation 3 Glock 32?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a Gen 3 G32. Great choice for personal carry.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Still using my 15+ year old gen3 32 as an off duty carry gun.

Not minority enough!

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:

It’s only disappointing from a looks standpoint, because I agree they do look nice. However, the newer models of the 43x and 48 with the black slides run better with Shield Arms S15 magazines. The older silver slide models of the 43x/48 can have failures with them and require stronger springs to be installed in the S15 magazines.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aparoche,

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post