SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scully12:
I haven't logged into this site in a while and must admit that I'm really shocked at how nasty the comments are. Whatever happened to civility? You sound like a bunch of knuckle-dragging morons just because someone doesn't like a Glock? Give me a break. I'm outta here. You're just a bunch of "haters."

Oh, and NO...I WON'T BE BUYING A GLOCK!
RM686, that was a mistake. I can see this is you, man. Your posts and this post from "Scully12" have the same IP address, numbnuts.- 72.185.24.174

Banned, baby

That was amateurish, man. Methinks you ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Good riddance! Thanks parabellum.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I haven't logged into this site in a while and must admit that I'm really shocked at how nasty the comments are. Whatever happened to civility? You sound like a bunch of knuckle-dragging morons just because someone doesn't like a Glock? Give me a break. I'm outta here. You're just a bunch of "haters."

RM686, that was a mistake. I can see this is you, man. Your posts and this post from "Scully12" have the same IP address, numbnuts.- 72.185.24.174

Banned, baby

That was amateurish, man. Methinks you ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

This is funny stuff!

David W.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm no Para, but damn, these 'types' are starting to become easy to spot for me.......

Posts: 6311 | Location: Orlando, Florida, U.S. | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
I think RM686 was SMOKING FUCKING DOPE!!! Wink

Posts: 474 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge, February 2010:
In reply to the OP, nope, sorry. I cannot stand the trigger pull and so the rest becomes meaningless. I also tend to buck the trend and so far, everyone, their grandma and their dog owns a Glock and so that means this stubborn S.O.B. never will. Razz

quote:
Thanks for sharing.

...19 months later...

Yup. Went to the range the day before yesterday and met up with a friend. He brought a Glock 20 he had bought a few months back. I put one magazine through it, and one only. At 50 feet, I had ten shots touching, all in one ragged string through the bull. The "flyers" were within a palm's width of the bull, all fifteen rounds in a chest-sized group. This was after shooting about a hundred rounds apiece through my 220 and 229, and I did not nearly so well with either of them.

I have heard countless times that no matter what you think of how they look, or feel, what you think of the trigger or the grip angle etc, not to count them out until you have a chance to shoot one. The folks who said that were right, and I was stubborn, and wrong. I'm now scheming, trying to figure out how to work a Glock 19 into my already-exhausted gun budget.

Para, you were right. I was wrong. I will be buying a Glock. And I'm looking forward to it, too. Big Grin

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Resistance is futile.

We are Glock ...

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Bob, when the slide locked back on that Glock, my jaw was also locked firmly agape. The difference in shootability is... undeniable. I'd have to be a moron at this point to resist.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
The difference in shootability is... undeniable. I'd have to be a moron at this point to resist.

Welcome! Muahahahahaha!

I just ordered my first Gen4, a G-19, should be here next week. A set of Warren tactical sights, Ghost tactical connector. I'm excited. They aren't pretty & they may live in your sock drawer waaaayyyy at the back, but damn if Gladys don't know how to bang! Wink

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Do the problems that Glock owners have been having since the release of the Gen 4 (which seem to also effect the new production Gen 3 guns) chnage the basic premise of this thread. Have the problems made it so that having a Glock in your collection is not a must have any more?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Do the problems that Glock owners have been having since the release of the Gen 4 (which seem to also effect the new production Gen 3 guns) chnage the basic premise of this thread. Have the problems made it so that having a Glock in your collection is not a must have any more?
There are more than 4 million Glocks in the world. I have several and they don't bean me with brass. This is because the overwhelming majority of Glocks produced do not exhibit the symptoms of the recent issue.

Why in the world would a problem affecting a small fraction of a percent of of the Glocks in the world suddenly make it a pariah? And by the way, these Glocks pelting shooters with brass- they still function. The bullet comes out the barrel and eventually strikes something.

So, the answer to your question is no.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
For now they're a small fraction. But it seems like all new production will be touched by the issues, unless Glock manages to dial them out (which, admittedly, they SHOULD be able to do.)

Also, of the older glocks in circulation, how many are on the market at any one time, compared to the flow of new production out of the factories?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
There are more than 4 million Glocks in the world. I have several and they don't bean me with brass. This is because the overwhelming majority of Glocks produced do not exhibit the symptoms of the recent issue.

Why in the world would a problem affecting a small fraction of a percent of of the Glocks in the world suddenly make it a pariah? And by the way, these Glocks pelting shooters with brass- they still function. The bullet comes out the barrel and eventually strikes something.

So, the answer to your question is no.

Picture of spdski
posted Hide Post
Meh, I'll disagree. I have 3 Gen 4 guns. All flawless.

A few people are having some unfortunate issues. I tend to think the internet is hugely amplifying the voices of those few.

My dealer still can't get everything they want to stay in stock. Large police departments are still switching to gen 4s without problems.

So, in the end, all is well in the land of the glock.

Posts: 1273 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Well, I traded my Gen 3 G19 for a W German P226 this week.
No reliability or face brassing issues with the G19, I just can't do the finger grooves.. Frown

Since exhausting my efforts to find a Gen 2 G19, I found this Friday and acquired it on Saturday.

A Gen 2 G21.. Big Grin
Seems to be well taken care of..

Back to buying 45acp ammo again.. Wink

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Saw 2 excellent condition gen 2 Glock 19's Friday. It was all I could do to not buy one. At $ 399.00 it was a good deal

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Saw 2 excellent condition gen 2 Glock 19's Friday. It was all I could do to not buy one. At $ 399.00 it was a good deal

I'll get one eventually, along with a Gen 1 G17...
But I think my firearm plate is full for awhile.. Cool

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Recently traded an Exeter 229 for a Glock 19. Then traded a Kel-tec PF9 for a Glock 23.

Now I have 1 manual of arms instead of 2, and 1 trigger to practice instead of 3.

I guess I've joined the cult.

Well . . . I kept the West German P220. Just for the enjoyment. Cool

Posts: 28 | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Now trade the 19 for a 27, and you'll only have one caliber also.

quote:
Originally posted by james8900:
Recently traded an Exeter 229 for a Glock 19. Then traded a Kel-tec PF9 for a Glock 23.

Now I have 1 manual of arms instead of 2, and 1 trigger to practice instead of 3.

I guess I've joined the cult.

Well . . . I kept the West German P220. Just for the enjoyment. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Just as with a 1911, you must own a Glock at some point in your life.

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post