SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
I didn't say they didn"t work for me. I said that I wish that Glock would make a more ergonomic grip. Do you have to be completely 100% satisfied with a gun in order to like it? You can't wish that something about it was different? Good lord, its really not that big of a deal.

Your exact words were "It's inexcusable for Glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way."

How many MILLIONS of people does it work for? Yet because you feel it should be different it's suddenly handicapping their (wildly successful) pistols?

You're right, it's not that big of a deal. If you don't like the grip of your own glocks, there are plenty of solutions to fix that. Aftermarket frames, aftermarket frame modifications, etc.

But to declare that Glock is 'handicapping their pistols' and that continuing to produce a highly successful model that works for the vast majority of their market is 'inexcusable' is flat out ridiculous.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
I succumbed-a G43. Smile

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't say they didn"t work for me. I said that I wish that Glock would make a more ergonomic grip. Do you have to be completely 100% satisfied with a gun in order to like it? You can't wish that something about it was different? Good lord, its really not that big of a deal.

They they didn't work for me for years neither. I was being a little bitch. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
They they didn't work for me for years neither. I was being a little bitch. Big Grin

You know, I realize you say this kind of tongue-in-cheek, but this is a perfect description of my years-long aversion to glocks, and I suspect many others are the same.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:

Apologies if I came across as pissy. Seriously. Occasionally, a post in this thread reminds me of the signature line of a member on another forum I post on...

"Glocks blow up, SIGs have a high bore axis, Beretta locking blocks break, Ruger is anti-gun, 1911s are unreliable, and HK hates you. Get over it."

Honestly, the grip area on my G30 doesn't feel as ergonomic as other brands. But man, she will run all day. I swear she occasionally whispers to me "I'll let you grasp my blocky butt, so long as you keep feeding me". Big Grin

No worries man. Shoot whatcha like! Smile

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think what people are saying is that the top end and mechanicals in a glock are top of the line. It's just that the ergos are from the 80's or early 90's.

I buy glocks and the first thing I have to do is whittle the underside of the trigger guard. My knuckle won't fit between that and the finger groove hump. Pushes my fingers on top of the humps instead of between them. My hand ar not large, I broke my middle finger and the knuckle is a bit swollen with arthritis, but fits my other pistols.

There is a whole cottage industry reducing, reshaping, and retexturing the most popular pistol on the market. One would think that Glock would see this and redesign the lower end of the pistol.

People would clamor over these and they could tack another $100 on them and call them "custom shop" pistols.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
There is a whole cottage industry reducing, reshaping, and retexturing the most popular pistol on the market. One would think that Glock would see this and redesign the lower end of the pistol.

People would clamor over these and they could tack another $100 on them and call them "custom shop" pistols.

I really liked this whole post (some portions not copied here), but this part was really great (IMHO). I thought at some point, Glock would redesign the bottom portion somewhat (more than ambi & finger grooves). And yes...I might even pay a little more for for that.

At the same time...I still shoot Glocks a lot.

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gentleone
posted Hide Post
My first gun was a G19 gen3. I gave it to my sister.

Then I bought a G23 gen4 and sold it.

Then I bought a G19 gen4 and sold it.

Then I bought a G17 gen3 and sold it.

I am now the proud owner of a G34 gen4 and love it. I don't think I will sell it(...).

Posts: 485 | Location: SE Houston, TX | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Picked up a new Gen4 G19. I didn't care for the 19 until I'd shot the 17 a bunch and the Gen 4 19 feels much better and different to me than the Gen 3 19.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8342 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Picked up a new Gen4 G19... I didn't care for the 19 until I'd shot the.....Gen 4 19 feels much better and different to me than the Gen 3 19.

Most definitely. For me too, the gen3 and gen4 19's are a night and day difference. The Gen3 always felt too big in the grip. The Gen4 is perfect.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have to agree agony before the Glock Gen 4 came out you couldn't have given me a Glock, and now I five of them, all Gen 4"s

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Just got a Gen4 G26. I can tell I am going to put some mileage on this one.

As Sean Connery would say, "Its fantashtic!"

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am down to 2 43's.1 Black on FDE frame and Black on Grey frame. I shoot them a little and they are awesome guns but the one i have absolutely fallen for is my Glock 40 10mm long slide. To date i have probably 2,000 rounds thru it. I have fired Sig 180 grain fmj,Sig 180 grain premium defense (both sig ammo types are VERY hot) Federal 180 grain FMJ, Blazer 200 grain FMJ, Federal 180 grain Hydra shoks, Sellier and Bellot 180 Grain FMJ, 200 Grain PMC FMJ's, 175 grain silvertips, and 1 box of Hornady 155 grain hollow points.
From hot ammo to real mild it does not miss a beat, very accurate and easy to shoot. The more mild stuff is like shooting 9mm.
10mm has become very plentiful and if you hunt for some deals i can make it affordable although it is still on the high side compared to .45 or 9mm.
The G40 is my favorite Glock and really fills a bunch of different roles.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Brought home a rescue the other day - gen 2.5 G27. Some asshat had milled the lower for one of those safeties - which I immediately removed. Then a complete detail stripping, with cleaning, a couple drops of oil, and a light film of grease on the metal frame rails and the bottom of the slide. Then a new RSA, and a smooth trigger with trigger bar; presto, solid shooter grade G27.

Midway had ETS mags on sale, so I figured I'd get one with my other parts to round out the order. Fantastic results so far, but only 150 through it as of now. I would not hesitate to get another (or six) Cool

I think a nice clean gen4 G22 police trade in with nights would be a good compliment to this gun, so that's what I'm keeping an eye out for now.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The G-26 with 15 round magazine and x-grip has the perfect grip shape to me. I wish they made the g-19 this shape.

I wonder if one of the glock choppers could get it close.

TCB all the time...

posted Hide Post
I may actually thin my Glock herd a bit. I have an excess of G17 pistols, and the G34 MOS has lost its allure, now that I have a G19 MOS. This does not mean I am finished buying Glocks, just that I have settled upon G19-sized weapons as the sweet spot, and may add a G30S for upcoming travel to "occupied" states.

My skinny fingers actually like the Gen4 G19 finger groove spacing, and I like the way that a G19-length pistol clears leather with some high-riding holsters, compared to longer Glocks. This includes the Safariland 6360, mandated as my duty holster; duty pants have a higher waist band than most pants.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 19M and 17M models should be making their way to us this summer according to The Firearm Blog. No finger grooves...

Posts: 3210 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
The 19M and 17M models should be making their way to us this summer according to The Firearm Blog. No finger grooves...

Full M models? Or Gen 4 with no finger grooves and front serrations? Glock spends more time on changing internals that work, than externals that people are not too crazy about.

TCB all the time...