SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Here’s my next glock purchase to store away until my son is old enough and it will be his

https://lipseysguns.com/lipsey...ive-retro-glock-p80/

Posts: 425 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Is the 17 a solid gun in production class shooting sports? I like the idea of the factory Mag well bevel and consistent trigger. It’s just something I’ve wanted to get into and I’d like to do it with a full size 9. The 34 looks to be range only but the 17 could be a winter carry gun too.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
Here’s my next glock purchase to store away until my son is old enough and it will be his

https://lipseysguns.com/lipsey...ive-retro-glock-p80/

I owned a Gen 1 G17 for a few years.
The grip texture is terrible.
Like a wet fish in a slightly sweaty hand.

But it's all good though, I have several firearms I keep only to give to my kids.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice Gen1 ya got there.

My earliest is a Gen2 model 22. Seems like every time I think about conversion barrels, it gets to have another. It isn't much to look at, but it sure is fun!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I was in a local store, a regional chain, and looked at the gun section.

They had 1 NIB Glock , a Gen 4 G22 standard sights for $599.

Considering the shortages of the Glock's, is this on the upper end of A G22 price range ?

I didn't buy it, but it was the first new Glock for sale I've seen in months.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I just installed what I think are my favorite after-market Glock sights to date. TruGlo TFX Pros. I thought my XS sights were bright. These are the brightest night sights I've seen. Man, they just jump out at you on the dark.
With the open sight tops for the fiber optics, you can see the glow from the top in the dark.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another 43X Big Grin

Girlfriend stole the first one, had to get one for me.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have gotten a few glocks lately. Have a 19 gen 3 I have had for awhile. Last month I found a really nice, hardly used g20 gen 3 in box with lone wolf trigger and connector for cheap money. What a difference that trigger made.
Found a G35 gen 3 , again, hardly used for cheap money. Wanted a better trigger Figured out how to put the apex action enhancement kit in last night. Got to get some 40sw loaded up to get it to the range. Trigger feels better in dry firing it.
Both guns were under $450, lnib. The g35 had 6 mags! The g20 had the nice trigger.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glocks are so rare and in demand around here I've been grabbing some as I see them at the LGS for good prices.

First was a trade-in that netted a G19MOS
Next was a G43X
And then I saw a G45MOS

Yesterday a G17MOS looked nice but I didn't bite, and then I saw a G34MOS...

I'm not too happy that the G43X MOS was released shortly after I got the 43X. Couple local stores had some last week but I missed them. I'll probably get one eventually.

I will say the Gen 5 grip really does fit me better than the Gen 3 and Gen 4. It's a small change but it makes a difference.

And I'm only getting MOS versions because the extra cost isn't much and I'm not into custom milling slides for optics.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Way back when Para started this thread I said I'd never owned nor shot a GLOCK. It simply didn't interest me when there's so many 1911 pistols I'd like to have.

Fast forward to September 2020 and I saw one of the (very) elusive brand new GLOCK 19/gen5 pistols in my favorite gun shop. It's now mine. Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Big Grin I didn't say I'd keep it. I wanted you to know that I had succumbed to your prophecy. Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
Everyone needs at least one Glock.

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger 2 Tank:
Everyone needs at least one Glock.

I concur..
Love 'em or hate 'em, everyone should own at least one Glock.
To own at least one of the most reliable firearms made...

Kind of like everyone should own at least 1 revolver...

I have several Glock pistols.
I don't need a G43X, but I feel the need to acquire one.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I picked up this 26Gen5 last month and have been shooting the snot out of it.

I'm impressed.
This Gen5 has the crispest (is that a word) trigger of any new Glock I've bought. The slide to barrel fit is tight, and the pistol shoots nice little groups on paper.

I put on night sights and that's it, that's all this little fella needs.

I have many Gen3 & Gen4 guns, but I think this new G5 26 is going to replace my beloved 27 as my everyday companion.

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Well I lucked out stopped by my LGS an got the last G17 P80

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Not so much a Glock question, but accessory question.

I have used them in the past, and never had any problems.

But now, I hardly hear or see anyone using the Glock "+2" magazine extensions.

Did they go out of vogue, production, or just proved to be unreliable?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

I use OEM Glock +2s on my Gen 2 G17 truck gun and my HD G45..
I use a rubber mallet to get them on and off the mag..

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I use a rubber mallet to get them on and off the mag..

You do? You should try my method some time, it's much easier. Just drop a fully loaded magazine on the floor, it'll disassemble itself in spectacular fashion. Though, it tends to launch parts all over the place. I'm still looking for the locking insert on the one that I dropped in my bedroom about a year ago.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:

They're still in production. My LGS usually seems to have the OEM +2 Glock mags in stock, thought they seems to always be in coyote brown color. I've picked up a few and keep them in my G17 Gens 5s.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post