SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Went and shot this again tonight...
I'm so enjoying this G27.
I'm finding this gun alone does so much in
one package.
Reliablilty, easy of carry, capacity, shootability for speed and accuracy.

Hard to find a reason to CCW anything else really..

I bet the 357sig barrel will be a nice set up also...

I have the 357 Sig barrel in my Gen 4 27. I love it!

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Just bought a G19.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Made my switch from Sig pistols to Glocks (specifically the Glock 19) back in 2005.

Have owned seven Gen 3s, two Gen 4s, and currently owned three Gen 2s. A while back I picked up one of the two-tone nickel-boron Gen 3 Glock 19s. I love that two-tone look. So...

I just sold my three Gen 2 19s to a buddy and purchased another Gen 3 Glock 19 - going to send it off to have the slide re-finished.

What can I say, I like having an exact duplicate spare of my EDC gun.

The big decision is - who am I going to have do the work?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orive 8:
Made my switch from Sig pistols to Glocks (specifically the Glock 19) back in 2005.

Have owned seven Gen 3s, two Gen 4s, and currently owned three Gen 2s. A while back I picked up one of the two-tone nickel-boron Gen 3 Glock 19s. I love that two-tone look. So...

I just sold my three Gen 2 19s to a buddy and purchased another Gen 3 Glock 19 - going to send it off to have the slide re-finished.

What can I say, I like having an exact duplicate spare of my EDC gun.

The big decision is - who am I going to have do the work?

CCR has done a lot of work for me..
CCR

Their CPII (nickel boron) is a nice finish.
Brad does great work..
You can either strip the slide yourself and send it or he can disassemble it for you.
Last Glock slide I sent him I stripped, but had him install the new channel liner for me.

Very close to the finish of your other G19, I bought one of those Talos but traded it off.

Actually traded that Gen 3 G19 for this West German P226.

Then had CCR refinish the entire pistol..

Sometimes their turnaround times are a bit long, but they have a reservation system to where you don't send the gun (or parts) in until they are ready to do the work.
But being this is your back up pistol, the turnaround time shouldn't be a problem.
Just tell Mary 1lowlife sent ya.. Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I put an order in g19, 90 to 120 days for delivery.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A year ago I would have said NO to a Glock. Just received my Glock 32 gen.4. Have 7 factory 13rd magazines and man do I love this gun!

Posts: 93 | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJC:
A year ago I would have said NO to a Glock. Just received my Glock 32 gen.4. Have 7 factory 13rd magazines and man do I love this gun!

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kone
posted Hide Post
Finally, after 24 years of shooting and 8 years of gun ownership, I'm finally getting a Glock.

I was originally was in the market for a Gen 4, G26, but ultimately decided on a Gen 4, G19.

Now gotta wait 10 days.

NRA Life Member

Dan Wesson CBOB 1911
Remington 1911 Government R1
Glock 43 BFG w/ICE Claw night sights
Glock 19 Gen 5
Colt LE6920CMP-OD bullet button removed
Mossberg 500 20g 18.5
Mossberg 590 Shockwave 20g
Mossberg 500 12g 20
Mossberg 930 HD 18.5

Posts: 352 | Location: Near Northtown, Nevada | Registered: August 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I've got, as near as I can tell, an all-original, all-matching gen 1 17 CC serial prefix and Austrian proof marks, with the overhang sights in the (aftermarket) case, and two original NFML 17rd mags. The internals are black lacquered and the pistol shows all the signs of being a department-issued duty gun. I'm thinking about sending it to Glock to have it gone through and updated, along with the mags since the states they would have been pre-ban in are all passing their own more restrictive legislation. Is there any reason not to, or maybe pull out the black parts and throw a parts kit in before sending it to Glock? I'm just wondering what folks think on the value of these things. I do not have the original box or paperwork, the finish on the slide is toast, so it's definitely no safe queen.

Just curious what the elders in the Way of the Glock think.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I would not upgrade that pistol, no.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks for weighing in, Para. I will leave it as-is.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by TJC:

I have a Gen 3 G32. I love that pistol.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So... I bought a Glock. Ten years plus of resistance and I finally succumbed. Glock 20 was at my house for two days before I dropped it off at my guys to get the slide cerakoted.

I feel so dirty...

Posts: 352 | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harm:
So... I bought a Glock. Ten years plus of resistance and I finally succumbed. Glock 20 was at my house for two days before I dropped it off at my guys to get the slide cerakoted.

I feel so dirty...

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harm:

I feel so dirty...

Hey now, if you're going to fall to the Dark Side, a 10mm isn't a bad way to do it. First Glock I shot was a 20. I was a convert halfway through the first mag.

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Guilty as charged. New baby pooped.. G19 Gen4.

Been waiting for on this one for a few months.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Joe,

You're not in El Paso, are you?

I was with 4th BDE. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Hi Edmond, I'm in SATX now. Outside of Camp Stanley. I was in Drum with the 87th.

Thanks for you service brother!

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fifthward
posted Hide Post
Damnit!!

The force is STRONG!

Just picked up the 34...to compliment the 26.

Popped Trijicon HDs on both...ready to rock n roll!

--------------------------------------------

"No I'm not crazy, and neither am I. Next question!"

Posts: 766 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
Thanks for you service brother!

Thanks for your service! Big Grin

I'm with 1st AD now in El Paso. The PX has a EMP in 9mm that's calling my name. LOL.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post