SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
Found a lightly used (50 rounds)g45 for $450.00 and a NIB g19 Gen 5 for $499.00 and plan on sleeping on it and decision tomorrow. I will probably be happy with either.
You would be happy with either one.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
Almost, but not since I discovered CZ's. The CZickness is more addictive than the SIGness.

It Ain't Over 'til It's Over.
It's not over yet.
Give it time.
Thanks for posting.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:
quote:
Found a lightly used (50 rounds)g45 for $450.00 and a NIB g19 Gen 5 for $499.00 and plan on sleeping on it and decision tomorrow. I will probably be happy with either.
You would be happy with either one.

^ I concur..
Buy both, you know you want to.... Wink

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
Almost, but not since I discovered CZ's. The CZickness is more addictive than the SIGness.

No law that says you can't enjoy both ... although CZ people seem to have this venom like hate for all things Glock ... especially the Plastic CZ'ers

(edited for political comment)

But anyway, this is a Glock thread in a SiG forum so the the SiGness is kinda OK here, most of us already have our SiG shots.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
I’ve owned every generation of Glock 19, and just recently picked up the Gen 5. All I can say is — as a southpaw — the Gen 5 is the cat’s balls! The ambi slide release, lack of finger grooves, and the medium beavertail because my mitts seem to be getting meatier and more prone to slide bite, all equal a damn near perfect gun!

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
The Glocks have grown in number for me, but I still like most the first one, a G19, Gen 3. It’s the most versatile handgun I have, and it is great for carry, especially with a spare G17 magazine complete with X-Grip.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Almost ready to commit with the local NIB g19 Gen5 for $499.00 but sales tax would have brought it up to $540.00.I took one last look online and struck a deal on a NIB g19 Gen5 with 2 ten round magazines shipped to my FFL for $425.00 and I'm happy with that deal.
I pay my FFL a little more than others charge($30.00) but he is happy to get that business and I'm happy he does a good job.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
Since we are on the topic of Glocks... is the most recent version of the 17L Gen 2 or Gen 3?

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of Glocks for 20+ years and my favorite has always been the G19, especially the G19.5. However, I recently purchased a G48 and the thinner grip is a winner in my opinion. Its like a single stack G19 and fits perfectly in my medium size hands. I have a feeling the G48 will surpass the G19 as my favorite Glock in the near future.

Posts: 62 | Registered: April 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well I added another one to the collection. I really didn't mean to. I threw a bid in on a Gen 2 G21 last week and I won ($280). Oh well. It can keep my Gen 4 G21 company Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Well I added another one to the collection. I really didn't mean to. I threw a bid in on a Gen 2 G21 last week and I won ($280). Oh well. It can keep my Gen 4 G21 company Smile

Congrats on your new acquisition, and price paid for it. Big Grin

My Gen 2 G21 is the softest shooting 45ACP I've ever owned..
Had CCR refinish the slide and barrel in CPII.

Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Well it's not a Glock but it's patterned after one. I've been wanting a CCW with more capacity than my Kahr PM9 and lighter than the P226. So I got a Shadow Systems MR918. A spiffed up Gen4 G19 essentially. It points really nicely and the AmeriGlo fluorescent yellow front sight is great.

I have yet to shoot it.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My g19 came in today and hope to get a little range time in this weekend. This is my first Glock and I have never even fired one. The last couple of years my CC is a P239 9mm. I weighed my 239 with 8 rounds in mag and 1 in pipe and right at 2 lbs....weighed the Glock with 15 rounds in mag and right at 2 lbs. g19 and 239 are almost identical in size with the 19 just slightly wider but it fits my 239 holster perfect.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
My g19 came in today and hope to get a little range time in this weekend. This is my first Glock and I have never even fired one. The last couple of years my CC is a P239 9mm. I weighed my 239 with 8 rounds in mag and 1 in pipe and right at 2 lbs....weighed the Glock with 15 rounds in mag and right at 2 lbs. g19 and 239 are almost identical in size with the 19 just slightly wider but it fits my 239 holster perfect.

Congrats....

If you're not accustomed to Glocks, or some other polymer framed handguns, research the 'low and left' (right handed) phenomenon before you hit the range.

After years of owning Sigs I had it when I got into XD pistols and then on to Glocks.

Glock +2 mag extensions are an easy way to add a couple rounds.

Good luck..

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I’m already afflicted with the low left syndrome at times. I picked up several Glock +2 plates (+3 with 9mm) and changed one mag out.

Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
It happened again... a Gen 4 G34 followed me home.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
Well it's not a Glock but it's patterned after one. I've been wanting a CCW with more capacity than my Kahr PM9 and lighter than the P226. So I got a Shadow Systems MR918. A spiffed up Gen4 G19 essentially. It points really nicely and the AmeriGlo fluorescent yellow front sight is great.

I have yet to shoot it.

You will LOVE it! I have never purchased a "non Glock/Glock" until this one and I bring it to the range every time. I've had it a month and have 600 rounds through it. Truly enjoy it, and wish Glock would pick up some of the ideas Shadow put together.

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had good luck with a G23 with 9mm after market Storm Lake bbl. Equally accurate and reliable. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:

Happy 60th birthday to me.

G19 Gen 5 MOS.

Ordered a Trijicon SRO 2.5 MOA to go with it.

What the hell, you only turn 60 once, right? Big Grin

With Talon’s and an SRO.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstan9615a
posted Hide Post
NO I Never will they are FUGLY Guns.

Posts: 61 | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post