Underdog
You will buy a Glock
quote:
Originally posted by Covert_Carry:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
I held a couple of Glocks a few weeks ago. Remembered why I sold my last one. They still haven't fixed the biggest problems IMO.

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

What exactly are the biggest problems IYO?

I've shot several. The backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, etc.

However, if I bought a Glock, it would be a 10mm. Unless Sig makes a better one.

I’d have agreed with you until I shot a Gen 5 Glock 17. I almost always do a trigger job on any gun I buy except this one there is no need.

It’s my first Glock and probably not my last.
April 04, 2021, 10:50 PM
1lowlife
quote:
I've shot several.
The backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, etc.

However, if I bought a Glock, it would be a 10mm. Unless Sig makes a better one.

Mushy trigger.
That's funny..

If you don't like the Glock backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, then why would you buy one in the over rated 10MM caliber?

Just move on.... Big Grin
April 09, 2021, 06:35 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I held a couple of Glocks a few weeks ago. Remembered why I sold my last one. They still haven't fixed the biggest problems IMO.

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

I’d have agreed with you until I shot a Gen 5 Glock 17. I almost always do a trigger job on any gun I buy except this one there is no need.

It’s my first Glock and probably not my last.

I’m very impressed with the new Gen5 models, made the mistake of selling off a 45 and wish I kept it. As soon as a Gen5 21 comes around, will pick up one as a suppressor host.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
April 09, 2021, 06:36 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
quote:
quote:

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

I might suggest looking at Zev to do a reduction, stipple, and a trigger pack. Made a huge difference on my Gen3.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
April 09, 2021, 10:34 PM
Sunset_Va
I bought a used G22 Gen 4 last fall. Also bought a Rock Slide 357 Sig G 31 barrel in stainless about the same time.

Just got around to shooting it today with the 357 Sig barrel, and was impressed with the accuracy.And function was perfect in 50 rounds.

The Rock Slide barrel has conventional rifling. Anyone else have a Rock Slide barrel in their Glock?

美しい犬
April 10, 2021, 12:36 PM
220-9er
What exactly are the biggest problems IYO?[/QUOTE]

"I've shot several. The backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, etc."

I've had a Gen 3 G19 for about 15 years and never liked those things myself. It just didn't feel right in spite of good accuracy and perfect reliability.
Then I bought a Houge Grip Sleeve and put in a NY1 trigger spring that made all the difference for me for almost no money. Also easy enough to undo if you don't like it.

April 11, 2021, 09:12 PM
cmartin
Shot many but never thought I would buy. G44 came home since I have more 22LR than 9MM or 45ACP. Like it well enough so far. 200 rounds.
April 13, 2021, 05:54 AM
Blume9mm
Since this is the longest thread ever and no one is going to go back and read what I've posted before... at the risk of repeating myself... and I know most of you love Glocks...

I'll throw my 1 cent in... I don't care for them... don't like the way they look... no curves too square (see my comment about the Sig P230/232) also, and I know it makes me a wimp, I don't care for striker fired pistols for carry. Maybe it's just that I don't feel I have the discipline for them.... now with that said... I got forced into buying a Glock because it shoots the same ammo and takes the same magazines as a rifle I just bought and the same for the braced pistol I bought. And I will at some time be buying another Glock because I will need it because I can convert the rifle and braced pistol to a different caliber. And as I've said about Glocks... they aren't half as ugly once you own and shoot one.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
April 13, 2021, 06:16 AM
Micropterus
This thread has probably reached everyone, everywhere, throughout the world. There are people in unreached tribes in the heart of the Amazon that own Glocks now due to this thread. So, perhaps the title should read "You will buy ANOTHER Glock."

April 13, 2021, 05:29 PM
patw
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
This thread has probably reached everyone, everywhere, throughout the world. There are people in unreached tribes in the heart of the Amazon that own Glocks now due to this thread. So, perhaps the title should read "You will buy ANOTHER Glock."

I have to agree. They should be called the "Rabbit Gun", as they seem to multiply like rabbits.
April 15, 2021, 08:18 PM
Nev
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

I have to agree. They should be called the "Rabbit Gun", as they seem to multiply like rabbits.

Really?
Even more so than Sigs? How many Glocks do you have?

I have a 220, 239 x 2 (9mm, .40 & .357 sig barrels), M11 A-1, P6, 229 (.40 & .357 barrels, and yet I need more:
-220 in 10mm
-1911 caliber TBD
-And a few others for future yet to be established desires

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs
April 16, 2021, 10:12 AM
JWF
quote:
Originally posted by Nev:
quote:

Really?

I have a 220, 239 x 2 (9mm, .40 & .357 sig barrels), M11 A-1, P6, 229 (.40 & .357 barrels, and yet I need more:
-220 in 10mm
-1911 caliber TBD

Well, let me see. G19, G21, G26, G30SF, G42, G43, and a G43x. I am presently on a quest for a G43x MOS. And I am sure some would consider me a slacker.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry
April 16, 2021, 06:13 PM
CPD SIG
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

DONT START!
This thread has probably cost me more money than I care to think about.
A G-21
Two G-17's
A G-30
A G-19
Sold that one, only to get another G-19.
Somewhere another G-21 found its way into the safe, and I seriously don't know how!

My wife has just recently got her CCL, and she really likes the G-43x...
Now I can't go running around with her having a G-43x and me not having one. And the RDS on the G-43x just seems to work really well. Kinda between the Holosun, Trigicon or maybe the Vortec.

That Para and his evil empire of plastic guns is really taken hold!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
April 16, 2021, 06:37 PM
roberth
Bought a Glock 34, should be fun.

Stupid Glocks. Big Grin Big Grin
April 17, 2021, 11:30 AM
Texas Bob C.
Glocks are like Cheetos, just one won't do.
April 19, 2021, 05:30 PM
falcon17
Bought a Glock 19x last week. Gotta say it’s a nice shooter.

Sig P226 W German
Sig P220 W German
Sig P228 W German
April 21, 2021, 08:21 AM
Blume9mm
As I've said, not a fan of Glocks but I bought one and a '19 is on my list if and when I might have to scale down to 9mm...

all because I got this whim to buy two guns... rifle and big ass 'pistol' (short barrel & brace on a rifle frame) that only takes Glock magazines...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"
April 21, 2021, 08:38 PM
bobtheelf
quote:
quote:

Really?

-220 in 10mm
-1911 caliber TBD

I have a 43, 43x, 26, two 19s, 17, 23, and 32. Still need one in 10mm and maybe a 45.
April 21, 2021, 09:04 PM
Nev
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
quote:
quote:

Really?

-220 in 10mm
-1911 caliber TBD

I have a 43, 43x, 26, two 19s, 17, 23, and 32. Still need one in 10mm and maybe a 45.

Have to admit I've heard good things about the G29. That's what my brother-in-law got, while his son got a 220 in 10mm.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs
April 22, 2021, 12:16 PM
Rexster
It’s been a while since I posted an update, so some of what I am saying might be a repeat. In October of 2017, when it was time for my duty pistol qual, I shot my two non-MOS G19 pistols, back-to-back, for a total of 100 rounds, which meant 80 rounds fired right-handed. Shooting was not a problem, but my right wrist and thumb soon swelled, and there was a bit of discoloration. It took almost two weeks for the pain to go away. I then repeated the quals, with a G17, and a full-sized, all-steel 1911 pistol. No pain, no swelling. My days of shooting compact Glocks, with duty/service cartridges, with my right hand, were finished. I cleaned those two G19 pistols, and my G19 MOS, and put them in the safe. In 2020, I traded them. I sold my G26 even sooner, to one of my former rookie trainees.

Since then, I have added a G19x, a pre-owned but pristine Gen5 G17, which had been given the non-Vickers Wilson Combat package, and a Gen3 G17C, which had been extensively modified by Robar, to include the grip mod to make it 1911-like, and the NP3 coating. Going forward, if I am carrying a Glock, it is probably going to be one with a full-sized grip, that reaches all the way to the “heel bone” of my hand.

Well, I would like to make an exception, and buy a replacement G26, to be a back-up pistol, positioned for lefty access. That is a niche, but it seems important enough. My left hand is healthier, and aging much better than my right hand.

Have Colts, will travel