SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 516 517 518 519

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wandered into one LGS today for the first time since perhaps Christmas, to see about ammo. No firearm purchase = no ammo (except in two calibers and limited to one box); but there were a couple of Gen 5 G22s, and a G17. One G22 was a Blue Label; whipped out my retired Military ID, license, etc. and brought it home. May name her Marlena. Smile

Posts: 2313 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
New Glockstore opened in Nashville today... I'm sure I'll be adding to the collection soon

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 9984 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I held a couple of Glocks a few weeks ago. Remembered why I sold my last one. They still haven't fixed the biggest problems IMO.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Covert_Carry:
I held a couple of Glocks a few weeks ago. Remembered why I sold my last one. They still haven't fixed the biggest problems IMO.

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

What exactly are the biggest problems IYO?

Posts: 4250 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg45FL
posted Hide Post
I got a really good deal on a Blue Label G19 Gen 4 and it's become my project gun. The OEM trigger was awful so I switched to an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger. From there I purchased a Blacklist barrel and had some mill work on the slide. It shoots great and it's very accurate but I'm not real fond of the grip angle

G19 Gen 4

Posts: 47 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olaf
posted Hide Post
I've been resisting buying a Glock for years until I wanted a subcompact in 10mm. I had no choice but to buy a Glock.

Posts: 242 | Location: Lincoln, NE | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

I've shot several. The backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, etc.

However, if I bought a Glock, it would be a 10mm. Unless Sig makes a better one.

Posts: 25 | Registered: September 22, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

However, if I bought a Glock, it would be a 10mm. Unless Sig makes a better one.

I’d have agreed with you until I shot a Gen 5 Glock 17. I almost always do a trigger job on any gun I buy except this one there is no need.

It’s my first Glock and probably not my last.

Posts: 70 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've shot several.
The backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, etc.

Mushy trigger.
That's funny..

If you don't like the Glock backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, then why would you buy one in the over rated 10MM caliber?

Just move on.... Big Grin

Posts: 4250 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

I’d have agreed with you until I shot a Gen 5 Glock 17. I almost always do a trigger job on any gun I buy except this one there is no need.

It’s my first Glock and probably not my last.

I’m very impressed with the new Gen5 models, made the mistake of selling off a 45 and wish I kept it. As soon as a Gen5 21 comes around, will pick up one as a suppressor host.

Posts: 1308 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You should shoot one.
You may be surprised..

I might suggest looking at Zev to do a reduction, stipple, and a trigger pack. Made a huge difference on my Gen3.

Posts: 1308 | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I bought a used G22 Gen 4 last fall. Also bought a Rock Slide 357 Sig G 31 barrel in stainless about the same time.

Just got around to shooting it today with the 357 Sig barrel, and was impressed with the accuracy.And function was perfect in 50 rounds.

The Rock Slide barrel has conventional rifling. Anyone else have a Rock Slide barrel in their Glock?

美しい犬

Posts: 6178 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
What exactly are the biggest problems IYO?[/QUOTE]

"I've shot several. The backstrap shape, grip angle, mushy trigger, etc."

I've had a Gen 3 G19 for about 15 years and never liked those things myself. It just didn't feel right in spite of good accuracy and perfect reliability.
Then I bought a Houge Grip Sleeve and put in a NY1 trigger spring that made all the difference for me for almost no money. Also easy enough to undo if you don't like it.

Posts: 6704 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post