SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 512 513 514 515 516 517 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
Monday (the 18th) I ordered some S15 magazines from Shield Arms, e-mailed and they told me that they are running about 30 days behind on their back orders.

I just ordered 4 S15 mags and a black steel magazine catch from their site. Now comes the wait...

quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Anyone see a 43xMOS In the wild?

Nope, I would’ve bought one if I happened across one. But I’ll save up for a G48 MOS instead.

Posts: 520 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
This explains it...

https://shieldarms.com/s15-talk-mag-catches

I have heard it is okay to use plastic Glock OEM magazines with the Shield Arms steel mag catch. However, my guess is that the steel catch will eventually scratch up the plastic mags. Ultimately, when plastic is rubbing with steel, the steel will always win.

posted Hide Post
I thought I had the Sig-ness but apparently Glocks are easier and cheaper for me to acquire.

Posts: 5527 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I thought I had the Sig-ness but apparently Glocks are easier and cheaper for me to acquire.

It’s the opioids they bake into the polymer. As the polymer out gasses you get just enough of a high to make you want to buy “just one more”.

That’s my story and since it removes all personal responsibility from me I am sticking to it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 5883 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
My new 43x...

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
My new 43x...

Nice..
What sights and light did you end up with?
I can only make out the TLR..

Posts: 4230 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice..

The light/laser looks to be a TLR-6 made by Streamlight.

-MG

Posts: 684 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
My new 43x...

Nice..

Streamlight TLR-6 red laser/light combo and AmeriGlo Hackathorn sights.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Streamlight TLR-6 red laser/light combo and AmeriGlo Hackathorn sights.

Thank you Sir...

Posts: 4230 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I think I'm going to end up with either a 20 or a 21 this year and a 19.

I can use a conversion barrel in a 21 to shoot 10mm, correct? Can a 20 be converted to .45 ACP?

Posts: 11302 | Location: All over | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I just installed an Apex Tactical Action Enhancement Kit Trigger Bar & Connector in my 43x and it’s amazing. It’s pricy at $100 bucks but I will install these Apex triggers in all of my Glocks from now on. They are so much nicer than the stock triggers IMHO.

Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Monday (the 18th) I ordered some S15 magazines from Shield Arms, e-mailed and they told me that they are running about 30 days behind on their back orders.

Just received an e-mail that my magazines have shipped (the mailing label has been created). My guess is early next week.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1201 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just received an e-mail that my magazines have shipped (the mailing label has been created). My guess is early next week.

Good news for me too then. I ordered 4 of their mags and their steel mag catch on 1/25.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
My 4 Shield Arms mags and steel mag catch just shipped out today. Smile

Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
I still love the versatility and overall excellence of my gen 3 G26, along with my Sig P365 which has prevented me from buying any of the newer Glocks. If I’m missing something, I don’t know it.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 773 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JMag:
I still love the versatility and overall excellence of my gen 3 G26, along with my Sig P365 which has prevented me from buying any of the newer Glocks. If I’m missing something, I don’t know it.

A slightly smaller gun than your Glock 26 G3 with the ability to hold 15 rounds with these Shield Arms mags...

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
How long did they take after you place the order? Ordered 3 mags and steel mag catch Feb. 2nd.

quote:

Posts: 1652 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
How long did they take after you place the order? Ordered 3 mags and steel mag catch Feb. 2nd.

quote:

I placed my order on January 25th and they shipped today. Not bad at all. I can’t believe people are paying resellers $60 to $70 per mag for these, since they are on backorder.

Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JMag:

A slightly smaller gun than your Glock 26 G3 with the ability to hold 15 rounds with these Shield Arms mags...

But what would I do with all my double stack magazines, many of which hold more than fifteen rounds?

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 773 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Para will be tickled .... I just mailed a check to a fellow member for a Glock.

I'm not a fan of them... I really don't have serious reasons other than I'm not a fan of striker fired systems as well as the way Glocks look... but here is why I made the plunge:

For years I carried in my work vehicle both a Ruger P89 and Ruger PC9 carbine... they both not only shot the same caliber ammo but took the same magazines.... some would call it silly but from an 'old west' stand point this seems the most practical system for if serious trouble occurred. I recently decided to upgrade my caliber to 357 Sig and the 'rifle' options in this are not only limited but for some weird reason beyond my comprehension the only choices I found only took Glock magazines.... my new 'truck rifle' is from TNW firearms out of Oregon.... it is actually a pistol with 10.5" barrel and brace... I still need a actual handgun to match it and so have purchased a Glock 32 from a fellow member here...

Posts: 2163 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post