SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
May I ask why you will never buy another Glock?

quote:
Originally posted by adc:
Bought a G44 (.22). Got rid of my 43,43, 28 (all 9's) Will never buy another Glock.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
May I ask why you will never buy another Glock?

quote:
Originally posted by adc:
Bought a G44 (.22). Got rid of my 43,43, 28 (all 9's) Will never buy another Glock.

I would like to know this as well.
I'm not getting the 43,43,28 (all 9s) part either.
A Glock 28 is chambered in 380 Auto.

But he did buy one, or more. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I think this is why: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/5410033574

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Smudge.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I recently received a Glock 45 from my daughter, who thinks it would a wise decision to add it to the growing Glock family. I'm lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter Smile

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have G19, G23 and G27. All are Gen 2 purchased in 1993 when I returned from overseas. They all shoot quite well.

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I can't decide whether to ask this question in this thread or create a new one.... so, here goes:

What are my choices for a Glock in 357 Sig and which would be the best? size does not matter, price probably does.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I can't decide whether to ask this question in this thread or create a new one.... so, here goes:

What are my choices for a Glock in 357 Sig and which would be the best? size does not matter, price probably does.

G31 (full size), G32 (compact), G33 (subcompact). Still should be available in both Gen3 (thanks to restrictive states) and Gen4 flavors.

All pretty much equal in reliability. Don't think that the Gen5 is out yet, but others might know more about that since their very close 40S&W siblings are now available in Gen5 form. 357SIG has been a very low demand caliber for our shop so I haven't search for them in any generation, even in these scarcity-driven times. All sizes should be the same price (as long as you're comparing the same generation across each model, though these days Gen3 and Gen4 Glocks at wholesale are pretty much priced the same since the Gen5 9mm guns showed up). Comes down to which size fits your needs the best and which generation you might prefer.

Gen3 Glocks usually have a sharper, 'cleaner' trigger at break; Gen4 triggers are typically classified as "mushy". Gen3s will have a slightly longer reach ('length of pull') to the trigger, but Gen4s come with additive back straps to equal and exceed that LOP for added size/fit flexibility. Gen4s will come with 3 mags as opposed to 2. Gen4 guns have better texture to the frame and grip for a more secure purchase on the gun, but does chafe more on clothing and torso skin. The magazine catch button is much larger on Gen4s, and can be switched to the right side of the gun for lefties. The dual recoil spring of the Gen4 (full, compact sizes) softens the recoil sensation a noticeable bit for me compared to the comparable Gen3. The G33 has a nested dual recoil spring regardless of generation.

Ergonomically I like the slightly reduced reach of the Gen4s, since I have small hands (YMMV of course). Trigger-wise, I prefer the Gen3's cleaner trigger operation far better. IF Gen5s are indeed now available, their triggers are somewhere in between, and they lose the the wretched finger ridges and grooves of the front strap that I never much cared for. As to which is truly best...it's ultimately your call. In all calibers I own more Gen4s than any other generation; the mushiness of their triggers (still present to a lesser degree even after spending significant dollars on aftermarket "fixes" on some of my Gen4s) I've just gotten used to. Ergonomics win out for me.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks Monoblok, that helps a lot. I think I'm leaning towards a full size pistol but we'll see.

I've heard about these different generations of Glocks but never knew what the difference was.

Oh, here is a picture of my new Truck gun.... still need to put some type of sight on it I've ordered a barrel shroud for it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to like them. Wish I still had that Glock 20 I had back in 1997. They just didn't fit me.
Then a few years back I messed up my right arm at work, had to shoot left handed for a while. My 226/228/229s can be shot lefty, but it just felt unnatural. Then the Gen 5s came out. They fit my hand and are nicely ambi. I have 2 34s, a 17 and a 19. The early Gen 5 34 is my favorite. And those Magpul magazines are the cat's ass.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s actually pretty amazing how “different” the Gen 5 feels with just some slight frame changes and a better stock trigger.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they got rid of that stupid cutout on the top of the Glock 34 slide.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the range with one of our sons. "Here, shoot this". He handed me a Gen 5 Glock 19. Never was a big fan.

Shot very nice. Trigger was a hell of a lot better than previous ones. Put about 300 rounds thru it.

Stopped on the way home and bought a blue label 19 with Ameriglo sights.

Got home, the Mrs. said "What's that? You bought a Glock? Let me see" She handled it, like it. We went to the range the next day. Needless to say, we stopped and got another one on the way home.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a gen 5 17 with the Ameriglo sights. Didn't like them. Got a set of Ameriglo Agent sights put on my early gen 5 34 and like them just fine.
Just before the pandemic I bought a gen 5 19 with the Glock night sights and like them even more.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Needless to say, we stopped and got another one on the way home.

You will buy two glocks.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Anyone have Ameriglo Trooper sights on a 42/43/43X/48?

Seems they are made for MOS Glocks and the rear sight is smaller, front to back.
Thinking about trying them on my 43X since they don't have the rear overhang of the Agent or Bold Ameriglos.

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
This thread started right before I became a member of the SF and I’ve watched it thru the years thinking to myself: ‘won’t happen, I’m a Sigahaulic’.

Well, finally broke down and bought a Glock 26 from another SF member. Hope to take it out later today for a spin. I feel like I have so much to learn.....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ugeesta, My story is much like yours. I joined the forum a year after you did, after lurking for a year. I was firmly in the "never own a Glock" category, having shot a couple in the early 90's. After trying out a G19 gen4 with backstraps, I decided to give Glock a try. In March of 2014, I bought a G19 gen4. Four months later got a G30 gen4. Six months after that came a G26 gen4. One month later came the G41 gen4. Two years later the G40 MOS ended up in my safe. Not sure if I'm done yet..... I predict you'll like your G26.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they do a Gen 5 Glock 20.... Just shut up and take my money!

posted Hide Post
A few months ago I had a pistol I needed to trade in, and I got a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS because everyone needs a G19.

Then I got a 43X because it is the exact same grip length and profile as a 19, just narrower. And with the availability of Shield 15 round mags, it's not a bad carry option. But that was just a couple weeks ahead of the 43X MOS announcement so I will probably grab one of those when I see one and get rid of the first one.

Then I saw a Gen 5 G45 MOS and got it too, uses the same holsters as a G19 and sort of is the LE/Civilian version of the 19X and it isn't brown (can't stand brown guns).

And then I threw in a G44 just for kicks.

Some of this is just to have because the Gen 5 grip is the first Glock I've actually liked - Gen 3 were too big and Gen 4 were OK but I didn't like the finger grooves.

So I'm trying to decide what I want to do with regard to MOS optics and plates, and then...

A Shadow Systems MR920 Combat popped up at one LGS and I tried out the different backstraps and really liked the one that eliminates the Glock hump and fixes the grip angle so I can actually point it straight without having to intentionally point lower than my natural grip. But it didn't have an optics cut.

And then two MR920 Elites popped up at another LGS - one black regular barrel, one bronze threaded barrel. I liked the all black look, so I bit the bullet and got it. With the straight backstrap, optional magwell installed, and all the undercuts this thing really sits well in the hand and actually feels good, which is something I can't say about a Glock which always feel somewhat awkward in my hand. The G19 feels bigger and more bulbous of that makes sense.

At $899 it's pricey, but then a G19 MOS is around $620, and you have to add a better optics plate like the Forward Controls Design one ($70) cowitness night sights ($100) which gets you up to $800. Add the better trigger, TTI connector, much better optics mounting system, and all the other enhancements and the MR920 is actually a better deal. RMR is on the way and will be installed as soon as it arrives.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post