SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You know what, I will give Glock this: They really are a pleasure to work on.

After a ridiculous exercise in futility the other day involving my SIG P320 front sight, I thought to myself, "I've never had a problem installing/adjusting/replacing Glock sights." And, for a frustrated moment, I considered just switching to the Glock platform, if for nothing other than the ease of maintenance/modification. In that regard, it really is a great design.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
@Chowser - yes I was just reading that last night, I think Glock said October delivery timeframe for the 40'sG5 to hit the market.

Also, went to pick up a G26/G5 last night.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Not really worthy of it's own thread, so I'll post my musings here.

Yesterday, I cleaned my carry piece, a Gen 4 19. I couldn't remember the last time I detail cleaned it, so I decided to go for it. Then I realized my holster was about due for a cleaning as well. It's a Stealthgear Ventcore kydex/padded mesh hybrid that wears very comfortably, but can kind of start to smell like a gym locker after a while.

I unloaded the pistol, removed the hardware from the holster backing, and took them both to the kitchen sink. Both got a good drizzle of Dawn dish soap and a soak in hot water. I rinsed them clean, hung the backing on a fan, and detail stripped the Glock and wiped or brushed off any remaining carbon. When the backing was dry, I applied fresh blue Loc-Tite to the T-nuts and reassembled. A drop of oil at the key points on the Glock, and back together it went.

I had to marvel that one could get by with a bottle of dish detergent, a nylon bore brush, a Glock tool, a bottle of Rem oil, some paper towels or a t-shirt rag, and nothing more to maintain a handgun for carry. Really, if you had to pare it down to the absolute minimum, I think one could reasonably get by with just a Swiss army knife if things were dire enough.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Smile. I have a very good friend who is a former recon marine who has been a contractor/instructor with Blackwater for years now since he left the Corps....he keeps a barrel of mobile 1 oil that his AR rifles go into and he washes his glocks in the dishwasher. Smile

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
One of my biggest reasons being a Glock fan..

From this..

To this..

In this amount of time using only a Glock tool.

This one look a little longer, and still has a fully assembled slide.. Big Grin

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
[...]he washes his glocks in the dishwasher. Smile

You know, the thought briefly occurred to me. Then I considered my wife wouldn't be as amused by it as I would be, and decided to play it safe and just wash it in the sink. Big Grin

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just grabbed a Gen 5 G19 MOS. Quite possibly the most versatile handgun available. Given the blocky nature of Glocks, an Aimpoint ACRO might be the best optic for this one.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do generation 5 Glocks have Gen 5 on the label of the plastic case ?

I have not purchased a brand new gun in 17 years.

Does anyone have a picture of a Gen 5 Glock label,
That
They would care to share ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Do generation 5 Glocks have Gen 5 on the label of the plastic case ?

I have not purchased a brand new gun in 17 years.

Does anyone have a picture of a Gen 5 Glock label,
That
They would care to share ?

Yes, the sticker that's on the handle does say "GEN5" on the upper left corner.
My Gen4 label also says "GEN4".

Posts: 7421 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T.y.v.m. for taking the time to post a picture for me.

and
When will it be time for a Glock holster and accessories thread?

limited to glock only Leather, kydex, tools, aftermarket junk that you put on your Glocks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Installed some new sights today, and since I'm off work for a long weekend I figured I'd grab some photos of my current crop of Glocks.

Some Gen 4s. The top one is my carry Glock 19 with XS DXT2 sights. It's my only Georgia-made Glock. The G17 and G19 have Trijicon HD sights. The G17 is my bedroom gun. The G19 with the light is the one I keep in my home office.

My Gen 5 G17s. Still stock.

Some .45 goodness. My G21 and G30. The G21 has XS RAM sights. The G30 has XS DXT sights.

Some 10mms. My G20 and G29. Stock sights. I want to add some tritium/fiber-optic sights.

I've become smitten with XS Sights. Some of them are marked Trijicon, presumably for the tritium vials. These DXT2 big dot sights are my favorite carry sights. On my G19.

The XS RAM sights on my G21 are really nice, too. I like them better than the Trijicon HDs. They have almost exactly the same sight picture, but in the dark, that big green insert around the tritium vial glows, too. There's no not seeing the front sight in the dark.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
ALL BECAUSE PARA’s VOODOO GOT OUT OF HAND AS MAGIC ALWAYS DOES!!!!

Sure it started off local to the forum and spread. We all got Glocks.

Now, however, EVERYBODY in the Nation has suddenly gone out and bought a Glock. I blame Para, I blame the voodoo. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I sold my G35 .40 S&W. I am Glockless for the first time since 1992.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stinky Bojangles
posted Hide Post
Does this count? Cool

So yeah, it's a Gucci Glock clone, whatever. It was a mid-life crisis impulse buy thanks to President Trumps' stimulus check, which paid for most of it.

https://www.rainierarms.com/ze...arrel-pistol-bronze/

It may not be the best trigger ever, but it's a very, very good one. The pointability, for me, is better than the Glock 17. I've owned a G34 gen3 for comparison. The lightening cuts in the slide were an intentional option I wanted since I was going to add the optic anyway. The bronze barrel is beyond gawdy and obnoxious, but whatever. I dig it. The whale tail of a magwell has been ditched, though I intend to put a lower profile one it in the future. This things isn't a SHTFOMGWTFLOLBBQ gun, but its an incredibly excellent range toy and I have no regrets. In two range sessions, I basically mag dumped 800 rounds with nary a failure. Not even a failure to lock back on last round fired, which I thought would have happened on occasion since I ride thumbs high. While this thing may not technically be a Glock, I respect the striker based core of it.

Posts: 816 | Location: was:NoVA now:Lake Caroline | Registered: July 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is any part of that actually Glock?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, nope.
To quote Military Arms Channel though, "it does indeed take Glock mags."

Posts: 816 | Location: was:NoVA now:Lake Caroline | Registered: July 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Is it still a Glock if it isn't made by Glock? Is "Glock" going to be like 1911? If it's Glock compatible is it a Glock? Hell, if it's just poly-striker, is it a Glock?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stinky Bojangles:
Does this count?

I’d say NO ... it doesn’t count. It may take Glock mags, but so do several other guns.
Just because a high point carbine take Glock mags, that doesn’t make it a Glock ... further just because a Marlin Camp 45 takes 1911 mags, that don’t make it a 1911!

Maybe it’s Glock “like” but it’s no more a Glock than one built on an 80% “Glock” Receiver

It’s a ZEV Technologies 9mm pistol.

At best, it’s a Glock wannabe!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a Glock, got it.

I figured it would be nebulous since it was a clone based on the whole gen 3 patent thing.