SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 499 500 501 502 503 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I did, in fact, buy a Glock. It was a Glock 33 and I sold it not long after. The only other time I have shot a Glock was last week on a range trip. It was the 42, brought by my brother, and the only non-Sig in the rotation that day. I did not shoot it well at all.

I can say with conviction, I will never buy another Glock Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:
You will sell a Glock

I've bought a few Glocks over the years & am about to clear the harrem of them all..
Sold my Glock 26.4 & 24.3 this week..
I am now in the market for a SIG again..
P365 P320C P250..
Want a P365 but still might end up with a Glock 43 in the end..
This all started by Me liking the carry feel of My then M&P Shield 9mm 2.0 over my Glock 26..
Then my youngest Son got a M&P Shield 380 EZ
That's had me looking hard at the Springfield Hellcat & SIG Sauer P365s now..

Liking the slim feel of what will be my next carry gun.. Goodbye Glock26 You Fat Pig..

But you both bought one (or more) Glock(s). Big Grin
Thanks for your valuable input... Roll Eyes

Thanks..

Posts: 4122 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
I did, in fact, buy a Glock. It was a Glock 33 and I sold it not long after. The only other time I have shot a Glock was last week on a range trip. It was the 42, brought by my brother, and the only non-Sig in the rotation that day. I did not shoot it well at all.

I can say with conviction, I will never buy another Glock Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Beretta92:
You will sell a Glock

I've bought a few Glocks over the years & am about to clear the harrem of them all..
Sold my Glock 26.4 & 24.3 this week..
I am now in the market for a SIG again..
P365 P320C P250..
Want a P365 but still might end up with a Glock 43 in the end..
This all started by Me liking the carry feel of My then M&P Shield 9mm 2.0 over my Glock 26..
Then my youngest Son got a M&P Shield 380 EZ
That's had me looking hard at the Springfield Hellcat & SIG Sauer P365s now..

Liking the slim feel of what will be my next carry gun.. Goodbye Glock26 You Fat Pig..

But you both bought one (or more). Big Grin
Thanks for your valuable input... Roll Eyes

I did buy a Glock, so I did fulfill the prophecy. I am not sure why my not liking it is not a valid contribution....the title said I would buy one, not that I had to like it Razz

ETA, well crap...apparently I was supposed to like it....

Posts: 6533 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
The only Glock I have is a G26 I bought in 2010. I recently discovered it had became obsolete...
Yeah, it's been known to happen.

I don't think I'll ever live that thread down...

Posts: 1467 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:

It was a good one Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
quote:
The only Glock I have is a G26 I bought in 2010. I recently discovered it had became obsolete...

No sir, no you will not. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 5052 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]I don't think I'll ever live that thread down...[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you started that thread. After reading it, I visited my old friend. We now have a tighter bond..closer than ever.

Posts: 238 | Location: Bardstown, KY | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
quote:

Everybody's gets their Warhol moment eventually Big Grin

Posts: 15220 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
G45 inbound! Mullet brother to my tan mullet G19x! My Gen4 G17 is starting to feel outnumbered.

Posts: 2024 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
G45 inbound! Mullet brother to my tan mullet G19x! My Gen4 G17 is starting to feel outnumbered.

G45 is my favorite pistol, period. Everything about it is right for me.

I ran it in the Glock Operator course at their factory last summer, and I was the only one other than the instructor who used that model. It performed flawlessly, and I was one of the top shooters in the class. Only four of us passed the qualification course out of 15.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to have to get back into the G45. Had one, loved it, don't even know what I traded it for.
My recent addiction to the red dot system has me thinking I want an optics ready G45. This version exists correct ??

Posts: 376 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
I think I am going to have to get back into the G45. Had one, loved it, don't even know what I traded it for.
My recent addiction to the red dot system has me thinking I want an optics ready G45. This version exists correct ??

Ditto...

Posts: 1467 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:

Yes- I have one. G45 MOS

Posts: 3530 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chris Bartocci gives a detailed examination of the G17M

Posts: 91013 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. Really enjoyed hearing about all the differences and changes made resulting in longer life.

Still very happy with my older gen guns that will out serve my needs.

Also refreshing to see that no matter if we have old or new gens they are completely still factory supported and not obsolete.

Posts: 16794 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I just bought my 2nd G19 - a Gen 5. I still have my Gen 3, but I can't stand the finger grooves. I love how the Gen 5 feels in my hand!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4486 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Eventually I will buy a G26. The 17 is my favorite followed by the 21 and 19. I want one of the earlier Gen 5's without the awful front cocking serrations. Someday.

Did the 26 debut with the Gen 3? Or was there a Gen 2 G26?

Posts: 9356 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
My first G26 was a 2.5 gen.

Posts: 16794 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Did the 26 debut with the Gen 3? Or was there a Gen 2 G26?
The G26 predates the release of the Gen3 Glocks by two and a half years. The G26 was released to the public in December, 1995. The Gen3 Glocks were released to the public in August, 1998. The earliest G26s had finger grooves but no checkering between the grooves. These pistols are known by shooters and collectors as Gen2.5 Glocks. Here's my early example manufactured in April, 1996.

"Similarly, the Romans enslaved the British for 400 years. So, are we due reparations from the Italians?" - John Cleese

Posts: 91013 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I also have a Gen 2.5 G26..
Dated 10/1996.
I was the second handgun I ever bought...

Thanks..

Posts: 4122 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No more Gen 4

I think this is appropriate for this thread, an end of a generation.

Posts: 238 | Location: Bardstown, KY | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post