SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
The only Glock I have is a G26 I bought in 2010. I recently discovered it had became obsolete...
Yeah, it's been known to happen.

I don't think I'll ever live that thread down...

Everybody's gets their Warhol moment eventually Big Grin

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
G45 inbound! Mullet brother to my tan mullet G19x! My Gen4 G17 is starting to feel outnumbered.

Posts: 3144 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
G45 inbound! Mullet brother to my tan mullet G19x! My Gen4 G17 is starting to feel outnumbered.

G45 is my favorite pistol, period. Everything about it is right for me.

I ran it in the Glock Operator course at their factory last summer, and I was the only one other than the instructor who used that model. It performed flawlessly, and I was one of the top shooters in the class. Only four of us passed the qualification course out of 15.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I am going to have to get back into the G45. Had one, loved it, don't even know what I traded it for.
My recent addiction to the red dot system has me thinking I want an optics ready G45. This version exists correct ??

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:
I think I am going to have to get back into the G45. Had one, loved it, don't even know what I traded it for.
My recent addiction to the red dot system has me thinking I want an optics ready G45. This version exists correct ??

Ditto...

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:

Yes- I have one. G45 MOS

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Chris Bartocci gives a detailed examination of the G17M

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. Really enjoyed hearing about all the differences and changes made resulting in longer life.

Still very happy with my older gen guns that will out serve my needs.

Also refreshing to see that no matter if we have old or new gens they are completely still factory supported and not obsolete.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I just bought my 2nd G19 - a Gen 5. I still have my Gen 3, but I can't stand the finger grooves. I love how the Gen 5 feels in my hand!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Eventually I will buy a G26. The 17 is my favorite followed by the 21 and 19. I want one of the earlier Gen 5's without the awful front cocking serrations. Someday.

Did the 26 debut with the Gen 3? Or was there a Gen 2 G26?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
My first G26 was a 2.5 gen.

Posts: 18032 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Did the 26 debut with the Gen 3? Or was there a Gen 2 G26?
The G26 predates the release of the Gen3 Glocks by two and a half years. The G26 was released to the public in December, 1995. The Gen3 Glocks were released to the public in August, 1998. The earliest G26s had finger grooves but no checkering between the grooves. These pistols are known by shooters and collectors as Gen2.5 Glocks. Here's my early example manufactured in April, 1996.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I also have a Gen 2.5 G26..
Dated 10/1996.
I was the second handgun I ever bought...

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No more Gen 4

I think this is appropriate for this thread, an end of a generation.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I wondered how long the Gen 4 was going to stay in production. The Gen 3 is purely because of California and keeping multiple generations of guns in production has to be a bit of a pain in the butt for Glock.

Hopefully this means Gen 5 pistols in .45 and 10mm before long.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This thread has lasted longer than the Ge4 Glocks, which were announced in 2010.

I've not owned a Gen4 and probably never will. The Gen5 pistols, now there's something worth purchasing.

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
That’s hilarious re: this thread’s life vs. the Gen4s!

I’ve been pondering a Gen5 17, myself.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've sold all but one of my Gen4 Glocks and bought several Gen5's. I especially like the G45 but the G26gen5 really has become my carry gun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nframe,

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
BTW, all this marketing hype by Glock about the "Marksman Barrel"? Yeah, the new barrels may be more accurate intrinsically, but if you want to know the real reason Glock changed the barrel, take a look at that video I posted on the previous page. The GMB shoud really be called the "Firearms Forensics Barrel".

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
I've sold all but one of my Gen4 Blocks and bought several Gen5's. I especially like the G45 but the G26gen5 really has become my carry gun.
Now that Glock has gotten rid of the grip cutout on the Gen5 G19, I am ready to buy several - but of course the availability of 9MM Glocks of any variety is pretty much nil.

I have a G45 so I know what they bring to the table but for the time being I'll be fine with the Gen4s in the stable. Besides, they are all known quantities and trusted now.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post