SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Damn hate to say this but it may be time to replace the gen 3 with new gen 5’s. I really like the new gen 5 19.

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
Damn hate to say this but it may be time to replace the gen 3 with new gen 5’s. I really like the new gen 5 19.

I dumped all my Gen 3's for Gen 4's and ended up disliking them all. Actually sold off every Glock I had. When the Gen 5's hit, (MOS model for me), I shot a friends and was sold. Reminded me of my first Glock I ever had. Gen 2 19. Great trigger, no finger grooves, but I sold it as I was on the street and needed a rail.

I own a few Gen 5's now, and really do love them.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I only have two Gen 3s - G20 and a G30. I won't let them go. I like the grips better than the Gen 4s I have. If I could find a new Gen 3 G19 I'd probably buy it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
I only have two Gen 3s - G20 and a G30. I won't let them go. I like the grips better than the Gen 4s I have. If I could find a new Gen 3 G19 I'd probably buy it.

California is nothing but new Gen3s, Maybe look into that. It would come with 10-round mags with it though.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
My second Glock, a 20SF, arrived this afternoon at my FFL after 4 months or so haha. Unfortunately, California has gun stores shut down for now Mad Guess I'll be waiting awhile longer. Have a 20SF, FA CA7, and Aero M5 lower there waiting for me.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
2 weeks ago I bought a Ruger 9mm carbine and a new Gen4 G17.

Not buying a Glock ...yet. But in the process of getting one of the Ruger Carbines. I just found out today the carbines are being made in 40SW which I prefer in a PC carbine. Local dealer will get one when they are stocked again.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
My second Glock, a 20SF, arrived this afternoon at my FFL after 4 months or so haha. Unfortunately, California has gun stores shut down for now Mad Guess I'll be waiting awhile longer. Have a 20SF, FA CA7, and Aero M5 lower there waiting for me.

Must be your county. The local stores here are still open 7 days a week.

I will be PPT a Glock 19 gen 5 in a couple days.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:

Must be your county. The local stores here are still open 7 days a week.

I will be PPT a Glock 19 gen 5 in a couple days.

Ahh okay. State says it's okay, but Ventura County says no. I'm in Simi Valley, and remember hearing Ventura County said no to opening, but Simi Valley wanted to allow gun stores to open. Apparently county overrides city.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I’m thinking of a G29, what are your guys opinions on it? How manageable is recoil with real 10mm loads?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I’m thinking of a G29, what are your guys opinions on it? How manageable is recoil with real 10mm loads?

That's the route I went and I regret it.

Gun/grip feels like a wide block that is not very long.

The barrel is around 3.5 inches which counteracts 10mm "advantages", if 10mm has any.

I am going to shed mine for possibly a G20 or even G40 if I decide to keep any 10mm in the safe.

G29 to me seems is a waste of a gun.

I'd hold it and a G20/G40 before dismissing the bigger guns.

Here is a youtuber that did comparisons of G29 vs G20 vs G40 with different Underwood loads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bR2rS-279E

some data from that test, as you can see the barrel lengths make alot of difference in FPS, they have other tests to show penetration in gelatin etc.

summary : 155 grain Underwood XTP

G29

Average Feet Per Second: 1427
Standard deviation: 4.9
Foot lbs of energy: 701

Glock 20
FPS: 1503
standard deviation: 25
Ft Lbs Energy: 777

Glock 40
FPS: 1610
Standard Deviation: 15.17
Foot Lbs Energy : 893

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MidWesternBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:
I have a small family of Glock's,said I was going to only buy one.Well I lied I bought five.

I’m up to 5 now too.
How did that happen so fast?
I really didn’t want like them or shoot them so well.

—————————————————-
Rights do not require a need for them to be demonstrated. Otherwise they would be privileges.

Posts: 24 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: December 07, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Bought another one today: Glock 45!

Went to the gun store looking to buy a Gen 5 Glock 17 and all the sale dude had in the display case was a Gen 4 Glock 17 and a Glock 45 so I picked up the 17 and was kinda meh because of the finger grooves, then I picked up the 45 and was like Yes!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Glock 29SF is a terrific handgun. Trigger is the best one I have of my Glocks. For me perfect woods carry in a shoulder holster. Out of the way but easily accessible when needed. Recoil is insignificant to me. 10mm deals with anything I encounter in the wild. Sometimes I use it as an urban carry with a lighter bullet like 135gr. Underwood.

A great all around gun, one of my favorites.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
From the mid-1990's until 2002, I carried a Glock 23 .40 S&W, as a primary duty weapon while working Investigations as a LEO. My backup gun was a Glock 27 and on those infrequent days when I worked a detail in uniform, I carried a Glock 22. I liked .40 S&W, although in these platforms it is (as many describe it) at bit "snappy." I haven't sold any of these guns and don't plan to, but hearing so many good things about G19s, I did consider the advantages about carrying/simply owning the Compact in 9mm, but didn't want to buy a new Glock considering what I already owned.

A couple weeks ago, Brownell's had a sale on their replacement barrels in 9mm for the G23. The price was right, so I picked up one of those, a captured 9mm recoil spring/guide, three OD Glock 19 magazines and some "9mm" Hyve Technologies replacement base plates. Now I've got the barrel and spring system installed, and magazines that certainly won't be mistaken for those used with .40 S&W ammo. Once I can get out of quarantine, I'm really looking forward to testing out the system which (as far as cycling is concerned) seems to be "good to go"!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Well I learned that the 41 has a thinner slide than the 21 the hard way. Does anyone know of a G40+X300 duty holster? Alternatively, does anyone think that you could remold a Safariland G41 duty holster with a heat gun to fit a compensated G21?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
G19x inbound ! Company for my Gen 4 G17 and Black & Coyote Ruger Carbine with Glock mwgwell.

I have a Wilson barrel in my G17. Maybe a Zev will go in the G19x. I will be shooting some cast bullet handloads to stretch my factory ammo to inventory. If my range ever reopens...

Posts: 3146 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

A couple weeks ago, Brownell's had a sale on their replacement barrels in 9mm for the G23.

A conversion barrel should be used if changing from .40 to 9mm with a G23.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the mid-1990's until 2002, I carried a Glock 23 .40 S&W, as a primary duty weapon while working Investigations as a LEO. My backup gun was a Glock 27 and on those infrequent days when I worked a detail in uniform, I carried a Glock 22. I liked .40 S&W, although in these platforms it is (as many describe it) at bit "snappy." I haven't sold any of these guns and don't plan to, but hearing so many good things about G19s, I did consider the advantages about carrying/simply owning the Compact in 9mm, but didn't want to buy a new Glock considering what I already owned.

A couple weeks ago, Brownell's had a sale on their replacement barrels in 9mm for the G23. The price was right, so I picked up one of those, a captured 9mm recoil spring/guide, three OD Glock 19 magazines and some "9mm" Hyve Technologies replacement base plates. Now I've got the barrel and spring system installed, and magazines that certainly won't be mistaken for those used with .40 S&W ammo. Once I can get out of quarantine, I'm really looking forward to testing out the system which (as far as cycling is concerned) seems to be "good to go"!

Nice Gen 2 G23, looks very well cared for.

My Gen 2 G17s and Gen 2 G19 are favorite Glocks only followed by my G45.
These are near mint..

This one is my beater..

Any chance on getting any 357sig barrels for those 40s???
357sig is a hoot to shoot..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

A couple weeks ago, Brownell's had a sale on their replacement barrels in 9mm for the G23.

A conversion barrel should be used if changing from .40 to 9mm with a G23.

It is a conversion barrel. My use of the term "replacement" was intended to mean the same thing: A 9mm barrel built for the use of that ammo in a Glock 23 (originally designed to utilize .40 S&W ammunition).

https://www.brownells.com/hand...k-23-prod129103.aspx

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently using a P229 which I love but really need something a lot lighter for on the trail. I am thinking a G27 might work well enough even with the loss of muzzle energy going from 3.9" down to 3.43".

Anyone have any experience with this combo? All in .40 S&W of course...

Or would a G33 in .357 Sig be better?

Posts: 5 | Registered: April 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post