SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Glock, please make a 45acp version of the G45 that accepts G21 mags.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
2 weeks ago I bought a Ruger 9mm carbine and a new Gen4 G17.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to hate Glocks until I shot one with a new trigger/sights on it. So I ended up trading my P30sk for a gen 5 G-19 and after a couple upgrades I shoot it better than I do my Beretta M9, I can hit an Idpa plate at 100 yards no problem which really surprises me. I damn near shoot it as well as I do my 229

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I have definitely bought a few Glocks over the years. Since 2005 my primary EDC gun has been a Glock 19, have owned more than a few of them - different Gens, styles, colors, etc...

Yesterday I sold off my last two Glock 19s, both Gen 4 front serrations models. I really liked this version of the 19 but I have found something that fits ME better; the Shadow Systems MR918. I have three of them now and am going to start carrying one on a daily basis. REALLY like this gun.

I still own one Glock, a Glock 26 that I found in the used case at my range, it had a grip reduction and stippling job that fit me perfectly. First 26 that I have really liked.

So, the one Glock that I have left, is a 26 - a model that I have never really cared for. Life is funny sometimes. Confused

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

That would be awesome for a .460R conversion.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I still haven't bought a Glock though I know I should. I said this previously in this thread, but I missed the annual update. I should put a tickler in my calendar for this date next year.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Swordknives
posted Hide Post
I keep hearing the call of a G29 resisting is hard.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
I still haven't bought a Glock though I know I should. I said this previously in this thread, but I missed the annual update. I should put a tickler in my calendar for this date next year.

I hesitated way to long and it cost me years of frustration and expense, I was just too stubborn saying I will never buy a plastic gun. Knowing what I know today I would buy a 43x bunch of shield 15 round mags uplula loader. second choice would be G19 gen 5. Honestly my shooting improved drastically over night, I was doing all the right things just not with the right gun.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shotgun Zeke
posted Hide Post
I damned near caved but I stuck with the P series Sigs, P320 included then I went back to the classics... P239 is my latest acquisition.

Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures.

NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Rifle Instructor

Posts: 640 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun Zeke:
I damned near caved but I stuck with the P series Sigs, P320 included then I went back to the classics... P239 is my latest acquisition.

You're missing out been thru all those sigs, just try it, you can always sell it.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I came across this Paul Harrell video titled Top Ten Tips for Pandemic Gun Buyers to pass along to some non gun owning friends who are asking me for gun-buying advice during these times of Wuhan Virus hysteria.

Yes, you guessed it, at approx. 30:20 Harrell begins to explain the reasons why you should “Go buy a Glock”.

At approx. 36:40 Harrell shows off his new favorite carry weapon which will be familiar to many members here.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Why am I lusting after a G42 so badly?
Too big for what it is designed for...
Capacity too low...
G43 nearly the same size, with a more "effective" caliber...
Jams with weak range ammo...

But dammit... I'm getting one!

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely A LOT of people were recently buying Glocks. Thanks to the stay-at-home, preexisting conditions stuff I've been shut down for the past three weeks from the shop so I haven't checked to see what's available, but then it was damn near impossible to find ANY Glocks aside from the 10rd Iron Curtain versions, even in 40S&W.

As for myself; I'm still very much a Glock guy since I last posted here as soggy_spinout. But since the laws changed 'round here I'm good with what I got, whole pistol-wise that is. More frames...definitely a possibility, however. Never can have enough projects. And not one who's worried about mismatched S/Ns and all those kinds of silly stuff.

-MG

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Capacity too low...

My wife has a Glock 42 and I must admit, I did enjoy shooting it and think it is the perfect carry piece for her. And I may or may not have carried it once...

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

It's not quite the same, but you could always get a Glock 30 and use G21 mags and an X Grip. The Glock 30 is by no means a sub compact gun. The G30 slide is essentially the same length as a G19 slide.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by TikritTourist:
Capacity too low...

My wife has a Glock 42 and I must admit, I did enjoy shooting it and think it is the perfect carry piece for her. And I may or may not have carried it once...

My wife has a G42 as well.
We got it before the G43s came out.

Vickers mag release and mag base made it pretty sweet..

Didn't like the Pearce base at all..

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
The Glock 30 is by no means a sub compact gun. The G30 slide is essentially the same length as a G19 slide.

Indeed..
A few pics of my (since sold) G30S, same slide length as a G30, and my (will never part with) Gen 2 G19.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^ A couple of posts up, that's what I've done for my G30 also, X-Grip adapters and G21 mags. Feels fantastic in the hand.

Posts: 3203 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post
I have found myself again with a couple Glocks
Currently have a Glock 26 Gen 4 9mm & a Glock 24 Gen 3 40 S&W
Want either a G42/G43 or a SIG Sauer P365
In fact I am going to go look tomorrow @ a P365 marked $420 if it has X-Ray3s & two magazines it may be coming home..
Doubt that it'll be any better a carry gun than my S&W Shield 2.0 though. I have given this pistol to my twin brother who had a stroke & lives in my basement.. My youngest Son I gave the Glock 26 too.
I picked up a Taurus 85CH revolver on 4/3/20 for my Wife, It's been three weeks since my last purchase.
I didn't get stimulated..

I think I might actually stimulate myself with a SIG Sauer P365 or a Ruger 10/22

NO PICTURES SORRY

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
I have a small family of Glock's,said I was going to only buy one.Well I lied I bought five.
1.Gen.3 G 17 9mm
2.G 42 380
3.Gen.3 G 21 45 Auto.
4.Gen.4 G 40 10mm
5.G 48 9mm

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post