SIGforum
You will buy a Glock

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5941074751

June 07, 2019, 08:44 PM
RogueJSK
You will buy a Glock
Get a 17, and then a separate 34 slide. Or vice versa.

The 17 and 34 use the same frame.
June 07, 2019, 11:19 PM
kimberkid
Get the 34 ... long slide cool factor

Then if you feel the need get the 17 slide

I had a 34 and a buddy was wanting it, at the time I kinda needed cash for the Baja bug, I really regret taking the easy way ... I could have sold something else and now wish I had

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
June 07, 2019, 11:40 PM
arcwelder
It's a good thing this thread isn't about being gay, because the latent homosexuality would be a massive sextuple rainbow by now.

If you have no interest in Glock, you'll never post in this thread.....

Again and again, methinks though dost protest too much.....

Fellas, the only person concerned about your choice in this matter... is you.

After so much time, if you haven't figured it out, well... It's obvious you love the Glock, if you have to post here to tell everyone you don't.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

June 08, 2019, 12:01 AM
sns3guppy
Remember the old ad in which a person rounded a corner while eating peanut butter and ran into someone eating chocolate, only to discover reeces?

I took the slide of my 48 and slipped it on my 43. I put the slide from the 43 on the 48 frame, making a 43X size pistol (without the gaudy silver slide), and spent a little time with it. I tried it in pocket holsters and with draws from the pocket, and maybe I get it now, the attraction. It makes some sense.

The 43 is just a fantastic pocket pistol...but a 43X may be in the cards.

--ok, a week later (edit), I broke down and put a 43X on layaway. I wouldn't have, but it was a used pistol (no marks, no wear, a box of ammo through it and looked brand-new, except for different sights), and the price was right...and I was thinking of trying one. Plus it's an excuse to get more G48 mags. The wife will be pissed. Again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sns3guppy,
July 01, 2019, 12:12 PM
HRK
Prices coming down in this market. Stopped by the gun store to cool off during my motorcycle ride yesterday. It was 95 out, hot, humid, and I wanted some AC.. That chat ended up with me buying a new glock G48 standard sights.

Will the G43 trigger fit into the G48, since I have an upgraded trigger in that gun, I'd move it since it is better...

I swapped my G43 Talo slide onto the 48 lower and presto chango a G43X is born. Testing is in order....

July 02, 2019, 04:57 PM
smithnsig
Snagged a G48 last week and got about 200 rounds of ball and 50 rounds of HST without issue. Can’t tell a whole lot of difference between it and a G43 with 8 round extensions. Smooth, boringly glockish. May do an mrds cut on it. Got to decide if I want to go down the pistol optic rabbit hole.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
July 02, 2019, 05:00 PM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Will the G43 trigger fit into the G48, since I have an upgraded trigger in that gun, I'd move it since it is better...

The G48 takes a full size trigger shoe; the same trigger shoe that goes in a G19 will go in the G48. It's not the same as the G43.
July 09, 2019, 04:25 PM
bobtheelf
Picked up a 43X a few days ago. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it this week. I wasn't all that interested in it until I held it... It just fits so naturally.
July 09, 2019, 04:53 PM
sns3guppy
I picked up the G43X, shot it, put on XR sights and a Vickers trigger shoe to get rid of the serrations, and have carried it. I like it.

The wife is pissed.

I'm okay with that.
July 09, 2019, 07:34 PM
Chowser
Supposedly black slide 43X and 48 are incoming from Glock. I haven’t made my third Glock purchase this year so I might grab one of those.

Glock 48
PA4850201 Std Sights
PA4850301AB AMGLO
PA4850701 NS

Glock 43X
PX4350201 Std Sights
PX4350301AB AMGLO
PX4350701 NS

Not minority enough!
July 14, 2019, 01:50 PM
teombe
Came here to say that if you haven't bought a 19x yet, you should definitely have it on your list. I'll just leave this bit of motivation here-

http://www.countryboyartillery.com
http://instagram.com/lifewithwtf
July 14, 2019, 11:38 PM
venenoindy
Pick up a G48 about two weeks ago, just ordered a G17 gen 5 mos to complement my favorite Glock G17 gen 5.
July 28, 2019, 12:41 AM
Swordknives
Well looks I bought a G26. It was on consignment as used but looks NIB and was a fair bit under market value.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
July 28, 2019, 01:11 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Was able to buy back my Gen 2 17 and Gen 3 19 over the last few months. Couldn't be happier to have them back. Not able to easily buy a 19x here in CA but that pic looks nice.. 19 slide and 17 grip length I've held one but it was for LEO purchase only. Frown

I sold my 19X after buying my G45.
I prefer it over the 19X.
Can you get a G45 in CA?

July 28, 2019, 02:57 PM
P220 Smudge
I really wish I had picked up a G45 before the new laws went into effect here in Wa. Initially, I wasn’t sold on the concept until I handled one at a shop and immediately liked it. Of course, the way our laws are going, a G48 would have probably made more sense, and after handling one of those, I had both on my “snag it while you can” list, just run out of funding. Oh well. When I get to a free state. Smile

July 28, 2019, 03:23 PM
TENWOLVES
My G45 IS ONE AWESOME GUN, SORRY YOU MISSED OUT IF THATS THE CASE..THE 48 IS NICE, BUT THE BALLANCE AND SHOOT ABILITY OF THE G45 IS JUST A LOT BETTER IMHO...GOOD LUCK WITH LEAVING YOUR STATE...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS
July 28, 2019, 07:50 PM
Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Was able to buy back my Gen 2 17 and Gen 3 19 over the last few months. Couldn't be happier to have them back. Not able to easily buy a 19x here in CA but that pic looks nice.. 19 slide and 17 grip length I've held one but it was for LEO purchase only. Frown

I sold my 19X after buying my G45.
I prefer it over the 19X.
Can you get a G45 in CA?

Yes, but we pay about double the normal price.
July 28, 2019, 11:18 PM
David Lee
I havn't kept up with all the models so the G45 is new to me but, that FDE 19X above is really nice. Why does its guide rod have that big flat end like a XD? That coin end takes away from the gun IMO. Butt ugly on a XD. Matches the rest of the gun though. Not intending to insult the XD owners here.
July 29, 2019, 12:13 AM
Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I havn't kept up with all the models so the G45 is new to me but, that FDE 19X above is really nice. Why does its guide rod have that big flat end like a XD? That coin end takes away from the gun IMO. Butt ugly on a XD. Matches the rest of the gun though. Not intending to insult the XD owners here.

Because they use a captured dual spring guide rod that looks like the XD one.
July 30, 2019, 12:38 AM
RANGER20
1lowlife Nismo called it right. Double if you can find one. I have a friend with one.. Perhaps I can make him a deal he can't refuse.. Wink

My current 17 Gen2 and Gen 3 19 which no longer has finger grooves work as good as I need for now.
just good to have em back for CCW.