SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
Now get off my case...
...said the man who stuck his nose into this thread unsolicited. But it is we who are hounding you, right?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I have "a few" guns & Glocks aren't exactly my favourite handguns, but the 19 or 19x get carried almost daily. They're fat, ugly things, but they're light, inexpensive, tolerant of being run dirty & without much lube, they're reliable....and to be honest, I shoot the Glocks about as well as my Sigs or semi-custom 1911s.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Honestly as good a gun as I believe Glocks are they have crept up in price where I believe their value proposition isn’t what sells them as much as their well deserved reputation.

They ain’t so much a cheap gun anymore especially after replacing the dovetail protectors.

What they have is DECADES of long proven reliability and that and huge aftermarket support make them almost a no brainer for the “I just want one gun person”. Hell every gun person should own at least one Glock. Should be an ATF bylaw. Smile

Says the guy carrying an HK. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]said the man who stuck his nose into this thread unsolicited. But it is we who are hounding you, right?

I thought these threads were for anybody that wished to contribute, pro or con. Guess not, you can have the thread.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
[quote]said the man who stuck his nose into this thread unsolicited. But it is we who are hounding you, right?

I thought these threads were for anybody that wished to contribute, pro or con. Guess not, you can have the thread.

Good grief. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:

Listen, I can't help you with your latent Glockosexuality. Looking back through your posting history, you have a dozen or more posts in this thread. You say you don't like Glocks but you keep showing up in this thread. Now, get your head screwed on straight and stop trying to attract attention to yourself.

I would say that, regarding any forum you like, it's a bad idea to show your ass in a thread started by the forum owner.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
I am sitting here in Central MO, hoping the river does not flood, dry firing my G34, and listening to some live Hendrix. Great night and great thread we all have been reading forever!

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brother:
I am sitting here in Central MO, hoping the river does not flood, dry firing my G34, and listening to some live Hendrix. Great night and great thread we all have been reading forever!

Really ought to crank up some Johnny Cash - 5 Feet High

Still contemplating a G48, at $449 it's hard to pass up.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Still contemplating a G48, at $449 it's hard to pass up.

Just got one. It's definitely thin. One way to think of it is an overgrown G43, but the G43 is a thin G26 (same size, thinner). By that token, the G48 is a thin G19; same size, just thinner.

I don't like the silver slide, but otherwise, great pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am really liking the 48. It is not much bigger than my 43 with a pinky extension and am seriously thinking about getting one. For those that have the 48 or 43X and a 43, which do you prefer more?

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the 43X presently (will probably get one, having bought the 48), but I think my personal preference will be the 43. It's pocket size and carries well in a pocket holster.

The 43X may be a bit more practical for concealed carry, though the extra length probably doesn't make a lot of difference.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I am currently Glockless.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I picked up a NIB G31. Gen 3, born in January of 09. ($375.00) A little snappy, but accurate. Trigger pull feels about 5.5-6pds. I want to get a 3.5lb connector for it. So far happy about my purchase. Smile

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
I am currently Glockless.

No worries...this is a treatable disease...of course, it involves a prescription with several refills...

Posts: 558 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So if I have a 19 and a 43, is my next purchase a 17, a 48, or a 43X?

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:

Yes. Smile

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or one of these...... Wink

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Glock 34. Big Grin

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys have some good suggestions! In all seriousness, I feel like I have carry covered, so it might be best to get a 17 for better capacity. Home defense, driving, etc.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post